The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?

+8
rightchea
Degarmo
JEGnj
HalCHorn
Birdmond
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
white1
12 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?

Post by Degarmo Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 am

You'll come around Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?

Post by JMP Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:06 am

DolFan 316 wrote:It's not a matter of wanting Cutler over Tannehill. It's a matter of you having broken up with the woman you were with, and getting on with your life as opposed to moping around alone 24/7. Cutler's here, he's the starter, and that's the case regardless of how people feel so I've decided I might as well live with it and see where it goes, especially since the Tannehill thing has run its course. He'll never be as mobile as he was, and that means he'll never be as good as he was, which was average at best. This team would be a fool not to cut him loose if not next season than the one after. Again, I don't "hate" Tannehill, he gave it his best shot, it just didn't work out.

But the thing is, we don't know that "the Tannehill thing has run its course". He could very well be the starter for the Phins next season. Hell, given the state of the QB position in the NFL, it's entirely possible that Tannehill will be the Dolphins' starter for years to come. Being an "average" QB often leads to a very long career as a starter these days - just ask Jay Cutler.

And speaking of Cutler, he'll be 35 before next season starts, and he's already retired once. Most likely, he'll retire again in 2018 - assuming he even makes it through this season.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:28 am

Tannehill is old enough I guess you could see us draft a QB even if he is the "right now" starter.

I wouldn't object to that approach. But if the QB class of 2018 is so good, it might be a foolish move to keep our QB depth chart the way it is.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:44 am

white1 wrote:Tannehill is old enough I guess you could see us draft a QB even if he is the "right now" starter.  

I wouldn't object to that approach.  But if the QB class of 2018 is so good, it might be a foolish move to keep our QB depth chart the way it is.

I've been saying for years that the Phins should get serious about grooming a young QB, and they never do. I'm not sure Gase will decide to invest in a young QB if Tannehill looks like he'll be ready to start in 2018. But either way, I expect Tannehill to be a Phin in 2018, and I expect Cutler to retire.

As for the 2018 QB class, right now I'm not feeling it. I think Darnold will be a special QB - best prospect since Luck, and he may turn out to be even better. Other than that, I see a lot of guys that could be good or could bust. We'll see how the season plays out, but right now I'm not sure I see another lock besides Darnold.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:55 pm

I agree with you JMP. I've never understood why teams didn't constantly have guys in the bullpen developing. You never know when it's going to be time.

That said, Fales is the future, specifically because I want to see signs in the crowd that say "Fales Forward Fast" so I can remember the joyous time that was the Cam Cameron Incident.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:25 pm

Degarmo wrote:"Fales Forward Fast"

That's just plain awesome. Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6