The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins injury update heading into Jets game

2 posters

Go down

Dolphins injury update heading into Jets game Empty Dolphins injury update heading into Jets game

Post by JMP Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:18 pm

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article174618181.html

Jordan Phillips was in a walking boot at practice Thursday, a big, flashing red sign that his injured ankle is still bothering him.

Phillips got hurt during the Chargers game Sunday, but gutted it out and played as much as he could. He has not practiced at all this week.

Jay Ajayi (knee) and DeVante Parker (ankle) did not practice Thursday, but both are expected to play Sunday against the Jets, according to a source.

Jarvis Landry, meanwhile, practiced on a limited basis Thursday after missing Wednesday’s session with a knee issue.

Ajayi and Landry “got banged up a little bit in the last game,” Dolphins coach Adam Gase said, but their injuries are not considered serious.

Linebacker Rey Maualuga (hamstring) also did not practice Thursday and likely will not play Sunday.

My thoughts:

---The Phillips injury is concerning because that leaves us VERY thin at DT. I guess Vince Taylor will get a lot of action Sunday.

---I'm going to just go with the idea that DeVante Parker's oft-injured ankle is fine and nothing to worry about...right?

---I'm not at all concerned about Landry's knee, although it has been bothering him for a couple of weeks.

---Ajayi had knee issues heading into the Chargers game, and if he keeps getting a million snaps a game it could be something to watch (especially with no bye week) - but hopefully it's not a big deal.

---I can't say it enough: Maualuga is a waste of a roster spot.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins injury update heading into Jets game Empty Re: Dolphins injury update heading into Jets game

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:55 am

JMP wrote:---The Phillips injury is concerning because that leaves us VERY thin at DT.  I guess Vince Taylor will get a lot of action Sunday.

considering Phillips uneven play, i'm crossing my fingers that maybe this will lead to an unexpected improvement.  (positive spin)

JMP wrote:---I can't say it enough: Maualuga is a waste of a roster spot.

if Anthony works out, i suspect Maualuga is a goner once (if) Timmons comes back.  how long can we carry an out-of-shape, often hurt, backup LB that doesn't (can't) play special teams?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down