The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patriots going after Josh Gordon

+3
DolFan 316
JMP
rightchea
7 posters

Go down

Patriots going after Josh Gordon Empty Patriots going after Josh Gordon

Post by rightchea Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:34 pm

NFL.com wrote:Josh Gordon might soon have a new home.
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported the New England Patriots are getting close on a deal for Browns receiver Josh Gordon, per a source informed of the situation.
The Browns made it public over the weekend they were planning to release him after the sides reached a point where the team said it was best to move their separate ways.
Cleveland has since shifted to exploring trade options, Rapoport reported Monday.
Around The NFL will have more on this story as information becomes available.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000963530/article/patriots-closing-in-on-trade-for-josh-gordon

Not like it is any worst

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Patriots going after Josh Gordon Empty Josh Gordon to Patriots?

Post by JMP Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:36 pm

The latest rumor is that the Pats are trying to trade for Josh Gordon. Certainly a low risk-high reward move, and if Gordon is ever going to get his life on track New England would seem be the best place for him. Definitely interesting...if he's healthy and sober and is able to learn the playbook quickly - could be a huge boost to that offense, especially with Edelman coming back soon.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Patriots going after Josh Gordon Empty Re: Patriots going after Josh Gordon

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:45 pm

As long as Gordon is in the NFL, he's a lost cause. This perception that problem players suddenly turn into choirboys and good little soldiers when they join the Pats is a myth and has been for years. If anything he'll poison the Pats, destroying them from within...MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Twisted Evil

Yes, I just did an evil laugh. Deal with it Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Called that one at work , told someone that the Pats would trade for him. Problem with him is he has barely played the last two years and isn’t in shape and his leash won’t be long with them.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:24 pm

WTF? Fins sign top FAs and they put on the Fin's uniform and suck. Pats get every washout starr and they turn it around in NE
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:58 pm

My gut tells me this will work out about as well as signing Michael Floyd did, but we'll see.

Now if Belicheck ever brings in Devante Parker and makes a player out of him, I'll say he has the magic touch.....

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:17 pm

he just got trade to the Pat's for a 5th round pick

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:10 am

HalCHorn wrote:My gut tells me this will work out about as well as signing Michael Floyd did, but we'll see.

I think it can work. Gordon is a top 5 receiver in this league when he plays, and he already has a TD this season. If he shows up and plays, he could be a monster addition for the Pats. I hope it fails, but I have a feeling that playing for a contender will get Gordon on track.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:55 am

I think the "shine" on Belichek and the "Patriots Way" is fading. The latest and biggest evidence IMO was the mythical benching of Butler in the Superbowl. Gronkowski pondering retirement, while still nearly in his prime, is more.

I saw a highlight of the Jags-Pats game last night, with Brady screaming "do your job" on the sideline. Yeah, I'm sure that's not a tired phrase in New England.

Gordon.... geez talk about talent wasted. Everything I've read seems to indicate he not only cares very little about football, but he has serious, serious addiction problems that don't appear to be going away. This is even after all the rehab work he's done.

I just can't see this "working out". Randy Moss had a little bit of diva in him, but nothing compared to the problems Gordon has.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:28 am

white1 wrote:I think the "shine" on Belichek and the "Patriots Way" is fading.  The latest and biggest evidence IMO was the mythical benching of Butler in the Superbowl.  Gronkowski pondering retirement, while still nearly in his prime, is more.

I saw a highlight of the Jags-Pats game last night, with Brady screaming "do your job" on the sideline.  Yeah, I'm sure that's not a tired phrase in New England.

Gordon.... geez talk about talent wasted.  Everything I've read seems to indicate he not only cares very little about football, but he has serious, serious addiction problems that don't appear to be going away.  This is even after all the rehab work he's done.

I just can't see this "working out".  Randy Moss had a little bit of diva in him, but nothing compared to the problems Gordon has.

THANK YOU!!! Gordon is hardly the key to a title. The Pats were going to at the very least win the division and get a bye without him. And the last I checked he doesn't play D, which is where they really needed the help. Everybody needs to step away from the ledge.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:01 am

I don't think this move will put the Pats over the edge - they're already near the top IMO. But what it does is potentially make a great offense even better. It'll definitely ne something to watch either way - never a dull moment in New England.

white1 wrote:I think the "shine" on Belichek and the "Patriots Way" is fading.

I'll believe it when I see it. Brady is on his way to another excellent season, and unless he gets hurt the Pats will win the division again.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down