The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gordon done for year

3 posters

Go down

Gordon done for year Empty Gordon done for year

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:00 pm

New England Patriots receiver Josh Gordon said Thursday that he is stepping away from football to focus on his mental health.

In a statement on Twitter, Gordon said: "I take my mental health very seriously at this point to ensure I remain able to perform at the highest level. I have recently felt like I could have a better grasp on things mentally. With that said, I will be stepping away from the football field for a bit to focus on my mental health."

Gordon went on to thank coach Bill Belichick, team owner Robert Kraft, the Patriots organization and the fans. A short time later, the Patriots said in a statement that they support Gordon "in his continued efforts to focus on his health."

A source told ESPN's Dan Graziano that Gordon is facing a potential suspension for violating the terms of his conditional reinstatement under the NFL's drug policy. The final punishment has yet to be decided, but the expectation is that Gordon will not play again this season.

NFL Network first reported that Gordon could be suspended.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25580285/new-england-patriots-receiver-josh-gordon-says-stepping-away-focus-mental-health

this has gotta hurt the Patriots as they get ready for the playoffs.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Gordon done for year Empty Re: Gordon done for year

Post by JMP Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:01 pm

Sad story. Gordon had the talent to be an all-time great, but addiction (and mental health issues???) have destroyed that. Hopefully he gets the help he needs.

And yes, this does hurt the Patriots. That trade of Brandin Cooks to the Rams is looking worse by the day. The player they drafted with that pick (OL Isaiah Wynn) has spent the season on IR, while Cooks has put up another 1000 yard season. Gordon played great for the Pats, but now he's gone and they have really missed the consistency of a receiver like Cooks.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:54 pm

So in other words Gordon behaved the same way he has all the other times he was enabled, only because he's on the Pats instead of the Browns now the mediots are spinning it like crazy? Gotcha.

I'm done with feeling negative emotion over individuals who deliberately choose to make the same mistakes over and over, especially when they are constantly enabled even after that approach has been proven not to work at all. What happens to Josh Gordon from now on is none of my concern and it shouldn't be anyone else's either. If he's this hell-bent on self-destruction then we should let him do it and move on with our lives.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down