The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins starting to get healthier + should Albert practice against Panthers?

2 posters

Go down

Phins starting to get healthier + should Albert practice against Panthers? Empty Phins starting to get healthier + should Albert practice against Panthers?

Post by JMP Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:51 am

I've been reading some encouraging news on injured players:
-- WR Kenny Stills is back at practice and getting first team reps.  Sounds like he's at or near 100%.
-- LT Branden Albert took snaps in team drills - very encouraging!!
-- WR DeVante Parker did some light jogging

More details in this article from Armando:
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/08/the-carolina-dilemma-with-brandon-albert-plus-how-will-passes-be-distributed.html

Here's an interesting scenario/question posed by Armando:
The Dolphins tomorrow fly to South Carolina to participate in two days of dual practices with the Carolina Panthers. And in those dual practices, the one-on-one situations will pit Miami's offensive linemen against Carolina's defensive lineman. The 11-on-11 team drills will match Miami's offense versus Carolina's defense.

So do the Dolphins let Albert, who they have nurtured along during training camp, work against players on an opposing team, knowing that sometimes players on opposing teams have agendas other than not hurting a player who is slowly returning from full reconstructive knee surgery?

I know some will disagree, but I say if he's healthy enough then let him practice against Carolina - even if it's on a limited basis.  Practicing against the Panthers will help get him in game-shape quicker.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phins starting to get healthier + should Albert practice against Panthers? Empty Re: Phins starting to get healthier + should Albert practice against Panthers?

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:07 pm

As long as nobody on the Panthers pulls a DJ Swearinger and intentionally takes out his knee, I have no problem with it.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down