The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins Camp Toughest in Current Memory

4 posters

Go down

Dolphins Camp Toughest in Current Memory Empty Dolphins Camp Toughest in Current Memory

Post by Degarmo Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:36 am

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article233369632.html

Quoting Brian Flores, Armando Salguero wrote:“We have a plan in place; but part of that plan is practicing in this weather. I think it’s something that we’ve got to get acclimated to. I think it’s an advantage for us. I think it’s a disadvantage for teams that come here.

“At the end of games, if we can go in this weather and they can’t, I think everybody will be happy. I think that’s part of training camp. It’s hard. Training camp is hard. It’s been that way since football began. I think the players need to understand that. Everyone needs to understand that. It’s not going to be easy.

“You go through the hard times so you can see the fruits of that labor, hopefully. I think most successful teams and most successful seasons start with a good training camp. They start with hard training camps where you find out what your limits are. I think that’s something that we have to do. I think every team has to do it.

“These guys are working, I’ll tell you that much. You guys see it. It’s hot, it’s humid, we’re in pads, we’re hitting, we’re running.”

I love this guy.  It's been forever since we've had a coach that isn't an idiot, an egomaniac, or a poser.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Dolphins Camp Toughest in Current Memory Empty Re: Dolphins Camp Toughest in Current Memory

Post by JMP Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:39 am

Yeah, it is so awesome to read things like this. Under Gase we had some of the lamest practices in team history. It's about damn time that we have a coach that understands the value of hard work and practice.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins Camp Toughest in Current Memory Empty Re: Dolphins Camp Toughest in Current Memory

Post by finfanatic Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:21 pm

Man, it would be WONDERFUL to have a HC who understands how big an advantage the heat and humidity is in Miami. And practices the team accordingly.

But then, Ross, the owner and chief dipshyte, needs to realize and SCREAM for NOON HOME GAMES in September and October. Stop wanting trips to London and night games.

I sure like what I am hearing and seeing from Flores.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:03 pm

this is a different change in pace. I never thought I hear a coach make sense in Miami

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:45 pm

Read another article about how Gase allowed players to come to practice and meetings late and how there was no discipline. For Flores to come in and demand respect and expect players to go out and practice in all types of conditions means he about the game and winning. love this guy

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down