The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No one watched the Game yesterday

5 posters

Go down

No one watched the Game yesterday Empty No one watched the Game yesterday

Post by rightchea Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:41 pm

Okay even though it is preseason there were a lot of noticeable things that happened in the game last night. This guy for example:

Josh Rosen looked comfortable but the OL needs some work

DL needs Robert Nkemdiche to come out and be on his A game this season. Tank did well so did Wilkins but it wasn't great. Lack of pressure most of the game.

Secondary did it best but when the DL give the QB 10 mins to throw the ball then yeah it not going to work.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

No one watched the Game yesterday Empty Re: No one watched the Game yesterday

Post by Degarmo Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:04 pm

And the NFL blocked the video. Sheesh.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:43 pm

Preston Williams looks like a great find. I do not see him as one of the many "Preseason All-Pros", (Larry Shannon, Kirby DarDar,, etc). This guy is physical and catches anything near him. It looks like the Fins may finally have a coaching staff that uses players to their best ability and not try to force square pegs in round holes.

It looks like we have many of the same old, usual problems, bad OL play, no consistent pass rush, sloppy tackling, etc.

Alarming to see Minkah wiff on a few would be tackles.

I like what I see from the running backs. We seem to be pretty deep there. No stars, but a lot of guys that can do different things. Gee, where have we seen that formula before?

Walford actually looked pretty good at TE, had a couple catches, one a nice seam route.

To me, this year is all about identifying who can play at this level and be part of the core that will be a playoff participant in 2-3 years.

I don't see more than 4-5 wins, but I am looking forward to an exciting year, none the less.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:17 am

I'm on vacation but I'm recording the game on NFLN. Probably be a week before I can watch though.

Sounds like Rosen looked ok and Williams was a beast. On D undrafted rookies Hendrix and Ledbetter supposedly had good games. The OL struggled but Dieter apparently got better after he settled down and Prince looked good later in the game. Looks like we might have hit on a few promising rookies...that's great news!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Degarmo wrote:And the NFL blocked the video.  Sheesh.

It will only allow you to watch it on youtube

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:30 pm

rightchea wrote:
Degarmo wrote:And the NFL blocked the video.  Sheesh.

It will only allow you to watch it on youtube

Ah, cool. I ended up watching it on NFL.com, the entire game, I mean.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:42 am

I watched most of the game live, since it was on here in Atlanta (being vs the Falcons).

Looked like a bunch of guys still learning the new schemes, to be expected. Some guys did flash on plays (P Williams looks like a keeper for sure, already has shown more than DeVante Parker ever has).

Interesting that Ledbetter appears to be winning a starting spot at end. The more UDFA that can perform at a high level, the faster this roster makeover can work.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down