The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ross should be forced to sell.

4 posters

Go down

Ross should be forced to sell.  Empty Ross should be forced to sell.

Post by JEGnj Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:34 pm

I know it will never happen but if an NFL owner let's his team fall to the level of pure failure and crap as the Fins have do the owner should be forced to sell. This isn't the Colts losing Manning and suck for luck or the Browns and Cards finishing last. This is a decade of pure failing at every F'n move this team has made coaching, FO, FA, drafting.
In the real corporate world when your company tanks leadership is removed or someone buys them. Right now the Fins are like a company shipping 100% of their product and it arrives broken and smashed.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Ross should be forced to sell.  Empty Re: Ross should be forced to sell.

Post by white1 Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Disagree.

Took him long enough, but he finally got it right.

Cleanest reporting structure he's ever had and it's the right one: Only Grier reports to him, and is totally responsible for building the team. Head coach and all else football reports to Grier.

Next, Ross gave him the license to build the team right without sweating short-term wins and losses. Given that freedom, Grier and Flores have the latitude to release or trade any player with value, while locking up those that will be here long term (like Howard, Grant and Jesse Davis).

It's a smart approach. Painful in the short term, but smart. Much quicker to build from a blank slate when you have tons of draft picks and cap space from making what looks like hard decisions easy. A player doesn't fit the model, is too expensive or too old? Easy, just dump them. Even if it's clear you have no path to an upgrade this season.

That's what's been done. We are going to have to wait to pass judgement on this front office until we see next y ear's roster, and the one after. Those will be their handpicked players.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:18 pm

I agree, white. While I have absolutely HATED everything Ross has done in the past, this offseason he showed an ability to adapt and change course. Now, we have an actual plan in place for the first time in forever, and the resources to make it happen. Let's give it a chance to see if it works...it will take some time, but this is a long-term approach and not a quick fix.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:30 pm

I just think if you drove a team this far into the ground there should be some punishment. I'm all in for the rebuild but there is a difference between quitting and rebuilding. This team doesn't even have anything to rebuild around. We need to hope to guess right in the draft while really sucking for the next few years.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:45 pm

JEGnj wrote:I just think if you drove a team this far into the ground there should be some punishment. I'm all in for the rebuild but there is a difference between quitting and rebuilding. This team doesn't even have anything to rebuild around. We need to hope to guess right in the draft while really sucking for the next few years.

Punished for what? Having a plan to make the team better in the future?

Nobody is quitting. Unfortunately, the roster is crap this year and we all knew it was going to be crap. But it's not about what happens this year...it's about building a sustainable system that will hopefully make us a contender for years to come.

There's no guarantee that it will work, and yes, the plan will fail unless we kick ass in the draft. That's a given and it's true for every team. But we are absolutely locked and loaded for 2020 and 2021. This team has a legit chance to get much better in a hurry.

And as bad as it is right now, we do have some young players that have potential to develop into very good, and maybe great, players down the road. Guys like Rosen, Williams, Gesicki, Parker, Dieter, Wilkins, Baker, Eguavoen, Wiltz, etc.

Let me ask you this...did you want another 6-10 team? How about 8-8? With only a few draft picks and no cap space in 2020 and 2021? Would that be better?

We were all prepared to lose this season. But now that we're losing, people are pissed that we're losing. I don't get it...what was everyone expecting???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:40 pm

I think our expectations of what Miami needs to do is very different. there is no way to get a good/great player in FA that wants to play for a team that is willing to loss just to get a pick that might not work out. that a hard sell. yeah they have the money which means that they are going to have to over spend to get players to join the regime. isn't that the reason for clearing up cap space?

one thing I do like about the plan though is that Miami has an idea of what they want to do. even though this seem like depression Miami at least have a plan in place

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:43 pm

rightchea wrote:I think our expectations of what Miami needs to do is very different. there is no way to get a good/great player in FA that wants to play for a team that is willing to loss just to get a pick that might not work out. that a hard sell. yeah they have the money which means that they are going to have to over spend to get players to join the regime. isn't that the reason for clearing up cap space?

I disagree. Every year good players sign with "bad" teams, or young teams that are poised to get better. Odell went to the Browns. Nick Foles signed with the Jags. Golden Tate signed with the Giants. Happens all the time.

Free agents follow the money, plus there's no sales tax in Florida. But - free agents will also see a team that is going to add a franchise-level QB and completely beef up the roster. I would think a lot of young players would be happy to get paid well AND be on the ground floor of a team that is on the rise. I think the Phins are going to be very attractive for free agents. It's Miami - half the league already has houses in the area!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down