The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report: Josh Rosen to Replace Ryan Fitzpatrick as Dolphins QB vs. Cowboys

+2
JMP
rightchea
6 posters

Go down

Report: Josh Rosen to Replace Ryan Fitzpatrick as Dolphins QB vs. Cowboys Empty Report: Josh Rosen to Replace Ryan Fitzpatrick as Dolphins QB vs. Cowboys

Post by rightchea Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:58 pm

This happened because Fitz said something about the elephant in the room.....

Megan Armstrong wrote:If the Miami Dolphins continue to tank, they'll be doing so with Josh Rosen under center. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the second-year quarterback will replace Ryan Fitzpatrick as the team's starter against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.

Rapoport added that, according to his sources, Dolphins head coach Brian Flores decided to make the move Thursday afternoon.

With Fitzpatrick at QB, Miami was outscored by opponents 102-10 through the first two weeks. Last weekend, the 36-year-old journeyman started the Dolphins' 43-0 loss to New England but was replaced by Rosen after throwing pick-sixes two consecutive drives in the fourth quarter.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854471-report-josh-rosen-to-replace-ryan-fitzpatrick-as-dolphins-qb-vs-cowboys

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Report: Josh Rosen to Replace Ryan Fitzpatrick as Dolphins QB vs. Cowboys Empty Re: Report: Josh Rosen to Replace Ryan Fitzpatrick as Dolphins QB vs. Cowboys

Post by JMP Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Well, this was going to happen sooner or later - so why not now? Let's see what Rosen can do. If the goddamn OL could give him just a little time, we might actually get to see what we have.

I'm hoping the connection Rosen and Williams had in preseason continues - that would be excellent. But again - this is all on the OL.

If nothing else, it makes the Cowboys game a lot more interesting...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Report: Josh Rosen to Replace Ryan Fitzpatrick as Dolphins QB vs. Cowboys Empty Re: Report: Josh Rosen to Replace Ryan Fitzpatrick as Dolphins QB vs. Cowboys

Post by HalCHorn Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:51 pm

At least I have a reason to be attending this one now. Smile

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:25 pm

I can’t stand Rosen. Hope he sucks so we don’t waste another 7years on a mediocre QB

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:56 pm

Rosen or Fitzpatrick? i don't think it matters as neither one is the long term solution.

But here’s something you won’t read anywhere else: It doesn’t matter if Rosen doesn’t fully develop between now and the end of the season in December. Because the Dolphins are going to draft a quarterback in the first round of the 2020 draft regardless of what Rosen does the next few months.

So if he is good or merely solid, Rosen will be around next spring when Miami brings in that rookie to compete for the starting job.

And if he’s not quite good, which is possible because he doesn’t have a ton of talent around him, Rosen probably still will be around next spring when Miami brings in that rookie.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article235244487.html

so this whole idea of evaluating Rosen is meaningless because the Phins are already moving on to whomever they can draft in 2020.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:44 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:

so this whole idea of evaluating Rosen is meaningless because the Phins are already moving on to whomever they can draft in 2020.

I think the Phins were always planning to draft a QB in round one in 2020...trading for Rosen didn't change that. The plan is to evaluate Rosen and see what you have - maybe he beats out the rookie next year, maybe he becomes a strong #2, maybe he develops enough that he can be traded for a 1st round pick, maybe he completely busts...anything can happen. But any time you have a chance to evaluate a first round talent on the cheap, it's smart.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Yeah, behind this O_line....even Dan the Man would have a hard time being good!!!

(ducks the debris hurled at him)

I think it is gonna be hard to evaluate any QB with the Online playing this badly. I think some calls that try to avoid the run blitzes would help out. But then again....maybe not.

Sad

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:01 pm

finfanatic wrote:Yeah, behind this O_line....even Dan the Man would have a hard time being good!!!

(ducks the debris hurled at him)

I think it is gonna be hard to evaluate any QB with the Online playing this badly. I think some calls that try to avoid the run blitzes would help out. But then again....maybe not.

Sad

Very valid points.

I'm going to go ahead and assume (hopefully not the Odd Couple 'make an ass out of u and me'...) that the OL will get better as the season goes along, assuming they remain healthy.

I'm also going to assume that Rosen still has the feel for pressure and pocket movement skills that he had at UCLA.

If both of those things are true, we should be able to get a clearer view of what we have at some point...but it may take a couple of games for everything to settle in.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down