The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: Preston Williams out for the season!

5 posters

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Preston Williams out for the season! Empty BREAKING NEWS: Preston Williams out for the season!

Post by JMP Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:54 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/04/dolphins-lose-preston-williams-for-season/

The Dolphins earned their first win of the season on Sunday, but they lost one of the players who has been a pleasant surprise this season.

Undrafted rookie receiver Preston Williams suffered a season-ending knee injury, coach Brian Flores said today.

“It’s a big loss for us,” Flores said, via Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald. “I talked to him this morning. He’s done an incredible job. Came to us as a free agent and has really grown the last six, seven months. I was devastated for the kid.”

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Preston Williams out for the season! Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Preston Williams out for the season!

Post by JMP Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:57 pm

This is a huge loss. Totally changes the offense, and of course hurts Williams' development.

Terrible timing. Just when we have some positive momentum, we lose our best offensive player. No

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Preston Williams out for the season! Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Preston Williams out for the season!

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:02 pm

I knew that it was bad when he was laying there on the field. If he doesn't get up right away and tries moving then it over. To me it better now than in week 14 or later bc that means it will take longer for him to come back from that injury. This truly sucks just to have that type of injury

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:50 pm

Sounds like it is an ACL injury. Could mean 8-9 months recovery time. Sad

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:06 pm

The only upside is we found a keeper, and likely a long term one at that. Williams has the skills, size and speed to be a major player for us we are going to have to be patient with his rehab.

I hate that he's hurt. Parker will have to step up even more as one of the big boundary WRs, and maybe Hurns starts running some of those Williams routes.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Interesting stats that I didn't even realize:

Preston was #6 in the NFL with a punt return avg. of 11.5 yards, and #8 in the NFL with 115 punt return yards.

This kid could be special...let's hope he gets healthy and gets back on track.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:16 am

This is why I felt such a sense of urgency to get the one win out of the way ASAP, because I knew the longer the season went, the bigger the risk of injuries. Still think they sweep the Jets though.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:34 am

That are amazing stats for a undrafted rookie but then again I heard that he was suppose to be a first rounders if he didn't get in trouble in college. Hope he gets better soon

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:49 am

Not a very good team, but the luck factor has also been letting us down big time this year.

Davenport was supposed to soften the blow of trading Tunsil, and he immediately got hurt, helping to give us an embarrassing O-line the first couple of games.

Howard is the brightest spot on the defense, and he's out for the season. Now we lose our very best diamond in the rough from the rookie class. Hopefully we're getting all the bad luck out of the way this year.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down