The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QB Miami should look at outside of the first round

+3
HalCHorn
JMP
rightchea
7 posters

Go down

QB Miami should look at outside of the first round Empty QB Miami should look at outside of the first round

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:49 pm

With Miami winning its first and maybe only game, there are a lot of QB coming out this year. like the year Tannehill came out in 2012, 2020 is stacked with QB prospects. Here is some QB I think Miami should look at outside of the first round. These are my prediction:

Jacob Eason
prediction: 3rd round

Jake Fromm
prediction: 2nd round

Jalen Hurts
Prediction: late first/early second

Steven Montez
prediction: 4th round and lower

Shea Patterson
prediction: late 2nd/ 3rd round

Ian Book
prediction: late 4th/ 5th round

KJ Costello
prediction: 6th Round

KHALIL TATE
prediction: late 5th/6th round

JARRETT GUARANTANO
prediction: 7th round/undrafted

KELLEN MOND
prediction: 5th round

SAM EHLINGER
prediction late 3rd round

HUNTER JOHNSON
prediction: late 6th round/undrafted

Non-power five QB that will good 4th round and lower

James Morgan

Brady Davis

Mason Fine

JAKE MAIER -

RYAN BOYLE -

TOM FLACCO -

Jacob Knipp -

Nick Tiano -

rightchea

Back to top Go down

QB Miami should look at outside of the first round Empty Re: QB Miami should look at outside of the first round

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:03 pm

Zerrick Cooper

Deondre Francois

Case Cookus

rightchea

Back to top Go down

QB Miami should look at outside of the first round Empty Re: QB Miami should look at outside of the first round

Post by JMP Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:51 pm

I doubt Eason comes out, but if he does he'll be a first rounder IMO. If he stays in school one more season he has a chance to go #1 overall in 2021. He has all the tools...just needs to learn how to handle pressure better. He hasn't played all that much, and that's something he can improve with more reps and better coaching.

Fromm, despite his up and down career, will almost certainly go in the first round too.

All those other guys are projects, and I would stay far away. We need a home run at QB, not another project. I do love me some Sam Ehlinger, though...one of the toughest and most exciting players in college football. I doubt he amounts to anything at the next level, but he is a high-effort guy that is easy to root for and fun to watch.

Don't sleep on Justin Herbert. Once the offseason workouts start, he is going to open some eyes. I'm not convinced he has the "it" factor", and he seems to fold easily under pressure - but physically, he's off the charts and teams will love his arm strength. If the Bengals get the # 1 pick, he could be their guy.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:07 am

Fromm would be my second choice behind Tua, but not with a top 3 pick. I think we will have the ammo to get the guy we want, however.

I too am not sold on Herbert. I do like what I've seen from Hurts, and Murray's success this year is making that system look like better training for this level. Mayfield, not so much.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:15 am

There are some more QB that are coming out but I haven't seen too many videos will be adding more as I find them

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:10 pm

Hard to say.

Nobody REALLY excites me. If you knew Tua was going to stay healthy....

Anyway, if Miami keeps winning games, they may HAVE to look at later round QBs.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:01 pm

Brian Lewerke

Nate Stanley

Anthony Gordon

Bryce Perkins

Feleipe Franks

Cole McDonald

McKenzie Milton

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Not going to get into these Qb’s to much but if Shea Patterson is Drafted in the First 3 rounds than His Lips must be Attached to someone’s equipment. Tua,Herbert,Fromm, Hurts will probably go 1st rd, Hurts because someone will think he is Lamar Jackson 2.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:52 pm

finskev wrote:Not going to get into these Qb’s to much but if Shea Patterson is Drafted in the First 3 rounds than His Lips must be Attached to someone’s equipment. Tua,Herbert,Fromm, Hurts will probably go 1st rd, Hurts because someone will think he is Lamar Jackson 2.

LOL Patterson wouldn't even be on my draft board.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:03 am

Yeah saw Patterson and he doesn't look like a great QB at all matter of fact he not reading the defense nor get the ball out of his hands quick enough

Brian Lewerke reminds me of Fitzmagic or John Elway

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:23 am

Feleipe Franks is interesting...he has great size and has done some good things at Florida. But he had a season-ending injury early this season, so it probably makes sense for him to stay at Florida for his senior season. His stock could definitely rise in next year's draft if he can pick up where he left off.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:27 am

Nate Stanley at Iowa might be a decent late-round pick. He looks the part and has been productive, but his accuracy is questionable and he's having a bit of a disappointing and injury-plagued senior season.

But again - the Dolphins' focus needs to be on the top tier QBs. Late-round developmental types are fine, but we really need a franchise QB.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:26 pm

We have seen this before. Teams go for top tier players and they don't work out. Darnold, Mayfield, Manzel, and others then you have players like Mahomes, Dak and Wilson who were taken late and are getting to Super bowls (expect Dak unfortunately). Top Tier might not be the best bet.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:17 pm

rightchea wrote:We have seen this before. Teams go for top tier players and they don't work out. Darnold, Mayfield, Manzel, and others then you have players like Mahomes, Dak and Wilson who were taken late and are getting to Super bowls (expect Dak unfortunately). Top Tier might not be the best bet.

Well, sure - any player can bust. But the Dolphins need to swing for the fences this offseason. QB must be THE priority.

I would actually like to draft a QB in round one, and then draft another one in round 5-7. Double down and make sure you get it right.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:04 pm

The only two QBs selected #1 overall to win a Super Bowl out of 18 since 1990 are the Manning brothers. Just sayin'.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:04 am

DolFan 316 wrote:The only two QBs selected #1 overall to win a Super Bowl out of 18 since 1990 are the Manning brothers. Just sayin'.

Terrible organizations tend to stay terrible in the short term. That and the agent/scouting agency conspiracy is real jocolor

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:18 pm

Jamie Newton

Here an article about him as well......
Chris Trapasso wrote:He's a 6-foot-4, 230-pound, draft-eligible quarterback of a 7-1 team in a Power 5 conference, and for some reason, is garnering essentially no draft buzz. Until now.

Wake Forest's Jamie Newman has plus athleticism, a decently strong arm, and has made an assortment some of the most high-level plays from inside the pocket of any quarterback in college football this season. Actually, probably only Joe Burrow from LSU and maybe Oregon's Justin Herbert have made more retweet-worthy, highlight-reel throws from between the tackles this year.

As a redshirt junior, Newman does have another year of eligibility, but what he's done as a passer -- and runner -- this season has put him inside my top 50 right now. I'll show you why I have such a big grade him at the moment.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/why-the-2020-nfl-drafts-best-kept-quarterback-secret-has-first-round-potential/

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down