The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Dolphins interim head coach Dan Campbell is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole

3 posters

Go down

Miami Dolphins interim head coach Dan Campbell is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole Empty Miami Dolphins interim head coach Dan Campbell is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole

Post by rightchea Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Matthew Cannata wrote: Earlier this week, I wrote a column talking about why Miami Dolphins interim head coach Dan Campbell should be judged not just on wins/losses, but what he does in numerous areas both on and off the field. In one of the points I made, I talked about how this Dolphins team isn't built in the style that he wants it to be. While Campbell is looking for a big and physical team, the vast majority of the players have been brought in under the Joe Philbin regime for a finesse scheme.

And that got me thinking. We always talk about how the better coaches in football - regardless of the level they are coaching at - adjust to the players on the roster and not the other way around. Well, it's time for Campbell to stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Sure, we saw the physical practices and such as soon as Campbell took over. It paid off against two inferior opponents in the Tennessee Titans and Houston Texans. But then, the Dolphins hit the road to take on the New England Patriots and Buffalo Bills and got blown out.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2015/11/13/9728280/miami-dolphins-interim-head-coach-dan-campbell-is-trying-to-fit-a

I have to agree, Miami is not on the toughest side for Campbell and the fact that he is trying to change the culture is a good look for Campbell and hope that he get a shot in Miami with the right people around him.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins interim head coach Dan Campbell is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole Empty Re: Miami Dolphins interim head coach Dan Campbell is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole

Post by Degarmo Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:57 pm

The square peg is shitty players. The round hole is a good football team.

The hammer is shitty coordinators.

He's not going to be able to change it alone with a half-measure of just being asked to steer the ship as it sinks.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins interim head coach Dan Campbell is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole Empty Re: Miami Dolphins interim head coach Dan Campbell is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole

Post by JEGnj Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Don't forget a goober behind center.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down