The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua out for the year?

+4
JMP
rightchea
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
8 posters

Go down

Tua out for the year? Empty Tua out for the year?

Post by CarsonChris Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:49 pm

Mr Glass is out for the year with a hip injury. Poor kid can’t catch a break!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Tua out for the year? Empty Re: Tua out for the year?

Post by CarsonChris Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:50 pm

Maybe spend a 3rd round pick on him if he still available

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Beat me to it.

I kept trying to tell you guys, Tua's just too fragile for the NFL. Not even his leg this time. Forget about him and focus on doing whatever it takes to get the REAL best QB of this class Joe Burrow! Tua will just be another Mariota. The worst part is, I heard that was going to be his final series of the game.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Sounds like Tua is gonna have to go all in if he wants to be drafted this year. if not he gonna have to be in Alabama one more year. From the way Saban was acting when he saw Tua injured he might not get a chance next year

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Tua would be INCREDIBLY stupid if he actually stays in school another season. He'll just be subjecting himself to even more injury and wind up being a 4th rounder at best.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:42 pm

He dislocated his hip. So it would be best for him to sit for the rest of the year and then go to the draft. His draft stock took a huge hit wit this

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:30 pm

Horrible. Feel awful for the kid. Sad

If it's true that he will be able to play again, I'd take a chance on him in the 2nd or 3rd and see if he pans out. I'd still draft a QB in round one though. We have the draft picks to do that, and somehow some way we MUST get the QB position right. Do whatever it takes.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:35 pm

I not only feel horrible for Tua I feel horrible for Jmp seeing his dream die like this Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Seriously.

As much as I want to join in on bashing Saban though, I just can't do it. Leaving Tua in to end the half seemed perfectly reasonable to me. You let him run the 2-minute drill then sit him the rest of the way. Nobody could possibly have known THAT was going to happen...

Also, Alabama looks to be in MAJOR trouble at QB without Tua next season. Like, 4-5 losses kind of trouble.

I can't even imagine how it feels to go from "surefire top pick in the draft" one day to "might never play football again" the next.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:02 pm

I wonder how much money Tua made for Alabama and how the NCAA governors can sleep at night.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:11 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I not only feel horrible for Tua I feel horrible for Jmp seeing his dream die like this Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Seriously.

As much as I want to join in on bashing Saban though, I just can't do it. Leaving Tua in to end the half seemed perfectly reasonable to me. You let him run the 2-minute drill then sit him the rest of the way. Nobody could possibly have known THAT was going to happen...

Also, Alabama looks to be in MAJOR trouble at QB without Tua next season. Like, 4-5 losses kind of trouble.

I can't even imagine how it feels to go from "surefire top pick in the draft" one day to "might never play football again" the next.

Yeah, I don't blame Saban at all. It was in the first half - no need to pull Tua that early.

And yes, Alabama - already with with a weak OL and porous defense, and about to lose all of their top players to the draft - is definitely in trouble next season.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:17 pm

We will likely see Saban "retire" after the season, and probably resurface for a job that gives him a shot a winning big quickly.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:20 pm

Degarmo wrote:I wonder how much money Tua made for Alabama and how the NCAA governors can sleep at night.

Sleep??? They're too busy going after Memphis for a donation Penny Hardaway made to the school back in '08 which apparently makes him a "booster" in 2019 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:28 pm

HalCHorn wrote:We will likely see Saban "retire" after the season, and probably resurface for a job that gives him a shot a winning big quickly.

I wonder if he'll pretend he's been having "chest pains" every night like Urban Meyer did to get away from the Gators?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:29 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
HalCHorn wrote:We will likely see Saban "retire" after the season, and probably resurface for a job that gives him a shot a winning big quickly.

I wonder if he'll pretend he's been having "chest pains" every night like Urban Meyer did to get away from the Gators?

That guy is a Grade A piece of shit.

In an unrelated statement, Finley of the Bengals is just absolutely awful.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:36 pm

Degarmo wrote:In an unrelated statement, Finley of the Bengals is just absolutely awful.

I see they at least had the decency to not be so obvious about losing on purpose this time. This was more like the "Oh darn! Just came up a little short!" loss that all tanking teams need to perfect. Sure is funny how they ran only half as much in a 7-point loss as they did last week in a blowout though scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:14 pm

At least in was his Right Hip Which being Left Handed isn’t the one he pushes Off with when he Throws, Be curious to see what they say about how long his recovery is. If he is still around toward the end of the 1st rd the Pats or Saints or someone Trading back into the 1st rd to take him because Saban will use connections in the League to help him get Drafted earlier than People think, This is All conjecture on My Part.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:29 am

my parents told me they heard a report that it the same injury that Bo Jackson got back in the day. if that is true, even with the technology now. I might be a little hesitant on getting him in the first round. Here is also a list of all of his injuries. He has been through a lot

Julius L Lasin wrote:Despite a number of injuries, Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has never missed a game due to injury in college.

Before injuring his right ankle in the first half against Tennessee, Tagovailoa had started 22 straight games for the Crimson Tide.

That streak will come to an end against Arkansas, as head coach Nick Saban has indicated.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/2019/10/23/tua-tagovailoa-injury-ankle-surgery-tightrope-alabama-football-qb-timeline/4064454002/

Either this guy is really tough, stupid or like CarsonChris said Mr. Glass but whatever it is his draft stock will drop because of this hip injury

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:38 pm

Tua had the surgery today, and the doctors said his his prognosis is excellent and he is expected to make a full recovery.

If this holds true, I'm taking Tua with the Dolphins' second pick in the 1st round. Fuck it...take a chance at greatness.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:57 pm

I have the same worry about Tua as DF316. If you are getting injured that much in college, the chances of making it thru an NFL season are slim IMO.

Maybe Finley plays great the rest of the way and the Bengals decide to go with him as their starter. And Burrows is there for the Phins...OR....they get a King's Ransom from some team looking to trade up.

If only hey had listened to Ross and went after Lamar Jackson!

Shocked

Laughing
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:23 pm

JMP wrote:Tua had the surgery today, and the doctors said his his prognosis is excellent and he is expected to make a full recovery.

If this holds true, I'm taking Tua with the Dolphins' second pick in the 1st round.  Fuck it...take a chance at greatness.

I would do like the Redskins did with Kirk Cousin and RGIII. Miami has enough picks to go after two QB if they really wanted to. Competition is one thing but insuring that your future QB isn't your downfall is the best insurance for Miami

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:44 pm

finfanatic wrote:I have the same worry about Tua as DF316.  If you are getting injured that much in college, the chances of making it thru an NFL season are slim IMO.

Maybe Finley plays great the rest of the way and the Bengals decide to go with him as their starter. And Burrows is there for the Phins...OR....they get a King's Ransom from some team looking to trade up.

If only hey had listened to Ross and went after Lamar Jackson!

Shocked

Laughing

Tua didn't get injured "that much"...he had an ankle injury that caused him to miss a game, and then he had a major hip injury. The ankle injury isn't a big deal and the surgery he had makes the ankle stronger than ever. The hip is of course a concern, but if he is on target to have a full recovery than I don't see an issue. This is football - players get hurt and you can't worry about injuries that may never happen.

Finley sucks and will never be an NFL starter after this season. The Bengals are 100% drafting Herbert or Burrow. The Phins will almost certainly have a chance at either of those QBs when they pick at 2 or 3...but neither of those guys are Tua. Sitting at 2 or 3, I'd take Young or Thomas, and then I'd take Tua with the pick we get from the Steelers. Roll the dice and take the best QB in the class at a value.

As for Lamar Jackson, is there anyone here that thinks Gase would have changed his entire offense to accommodate Jackson's skillset??? I sure don't...that pairing would have been an epic disaster.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:46 pm

rightchea wrote:
JMP wrote:Tua had the surgery today, and the doctors said his his prognosis is excellent and he is expected to make a full recovery.

If this holds true, I'm taking Tua with the Dolphins' second pick in the 1st round.  Fuck it...take a chance at greatness.

I would do like the Redskins did with Kirk Cousin and RGIII. Miami has enough picks to go after two QB if they really wanted to. Competition is one thing but insuring that your future QB isn't your downfall is the best insurance for Miami

Yep, definitely. I'd take Tua in the first, and maybe a Jordan Love (if he lasts that long) in the 3rd...something along those lines.

Hurts intrigues me, but I think he's much more a runner than a QB at this point. His mechanics are awful as a passer and he needs a ton of work - but there are tools to work with at least.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down