The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mock Draft without dafting a QB

5 posters

Go down

New Mock Draft without dafting a QB Empty New Mock Draft without dafting a QB

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:20 am

So this is per CBSsports.com

Ryan Wilson wrote:Joe Burrow remains atop our latest mock draft but for the first time all season, Tua Tagovailoa is nowhere to be found. Days after suffering a dislocated hip, Tagovailoa underwent successful surgery on Monday. And while his doctors expect him to make a full recovery, we still don't know when he'll be able to return to football. So for now, he's not in the first round even though he's not just a first-round talent but one of the best players in this class.

This, of course, means a lot of shuffling near the top of the draft; quarterback-needy teams will have to decide whether to overdraft a player or stick to their boards. In the coming weeks and months, this could be good news for names like Justin Herbert, the Oregon star who has played better in recent weeks, Utah State's Jordan Love, Washington's Jacob Eason and Oklahoma's Jalen Hurts.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-after-tua-tagovailoa-injury-dolphins-now-have-to-rethink-qb-position-other-needs/

Looks like Miami drafts two OL players and a edge rusher. Don't see this happening at all.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

New Mock Draft without dafting a QB Empty Re: New Mock Draft without dafting a QB

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:49 pm

I actually do. It would make perfect sense TBH. We all know at this point that the Bengals are Blowing For Burrow. He's gone. I will continue to maintain that NONE of the other QBs are worth taking before the 4th round. And let's be real here, the Fins need pretty much an entire new starting five O-linemen, and they also cannot afford to come out of this draft without at least one RB considering this is the worst rushing "attack" I can recall from any NFL team in my lifetime at least. No way would I overpay for a RB in FA either, now that they've all gotten uppity and decided they need to be paid ten times more than they're actually worth.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

New Mock Draft without dafting a QB Empty Re: New Mock Draft without dafting a QB

Post by JMP Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Highly doubt we draft 2 OL in round one...in fact, I'd say zero chance. A lot will depend on free agency too...if we are fortunate enough to land Joe Thuney, we may not even draft OL in round one (unless Andrew Thomas is available...) Rounds 2-4 are more likely for OL IMO.

I think edge rusher and CB will be very high on the list. I'm hoping we somehow have a shot at Jeff Okudah, Ohio State CB. He's a stud.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:45 pm

JMP wrote:Highly doubt we draft 2 OL in round one...in fact, I'd say zero chance.  A lot will depend on free agency too...if we are fortunate enough to land Joe Thuney, we may not even draft OL in round one (unless Andrew Thomas is available...)  Rounds 2-4 are more likely for OL IMO.

I think edge rusher and CB will be very high on the list.  I'm hoping we somehow have a shot at Jeff Okudah, Ohio State CB.  He's a stud.  

How many firsts does this team have for next year? Seems like at least five with all the wheeling and dealing they've done. Also, they've shown absolutely no ability to properly judge O-line talent past the obvious first round prospects for at least the past 20 years. I do not think you want this team picking O-linemen in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Then again the O-line draft class might be piss poor for all I know.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:16 pm

DolFan 316 wrote: they've shown absolutely no ability to properly judge O-line talent past the obvious first round prospects for at least the past 20 years.

That's something that will have to change if this team is ever going to become a champion. With all the offensive (and to a lesser extent, defensive) playmakers dominating the NFL today, you cannot pass up prime skill positions for OL...you just can't. You MUST be able to build OL through the draft AFTER round 1. I have no idea if this current Dolphins staff will be able to draft good linemen...but they better not pass up superstars for big uglies. (Andrew Thomas possibly being the exception...because he's just that good. But even then, I'd prefer to go elsewhere with a top 3 pick...)

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 am

I have too agree. Miami has to go for the best players and not just fill what they think is the most important. If Lamb from Oklahoma is available go after him or if there a good DB then go after him. Pick up players within FA or after the draft that can contribute else where if you are not able to get that position. But at the same time, Miami has to go after a QB one in the second and one in the 5th if necessary if Tua, Burrow, or Herbert isn't available.

Dream Scenario:

what if Burrow, Herbert or Tua are not drafted when Miami pick comes around does Miami go after a QB or draft down with a team like the Jags or Chargers for more picks?

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:55 am

We need playmakers everywhere. Doubling down on QB would not be a bad idea either.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:09 am

Tua getting hurt is a bad thing for college football.  Not to mention his family.  I love this kid and being from Hawaii it means a whole lot to this state.

I don’t think there’s cause for panic.  I believe the whole goal in the draft was to remain flexible.  Should they need to move up they would have what it took logistically.  If they didn’t, then they would have enough picks to get some top tier talent and a bunch of them.

The second part of the equation is the cap space.  Although a lot is being said about the draft we need to consider that the cap space that we have puts us in a very good if not excellent position next season.

Again, the caveat being “our evaluation and acquisition of talent”

I agree wholeheartedly that spending #1’s on OL is not ideal it may be necessary! Miami has never been in this situation. 5 #1s in the next two years is unimaginable! But, for the last 20 years Miami has never had a well balanced team offensively! They’ve never had a consistent offensive line either. During the Marino years there was stability! We need to try getting back to that!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down