The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Thoughts: Week 12: Dolphins at Browns

+3
Degarmo
DolFan 316
JMP
7 posters

Go down

Game Thoughts: Week 12: Dolphins at Browns  Empty Game Thoughts: Week 12: Dolphins at Browns

Post by JMP Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:31 pm

The Dolphins got blown out yet again today, 41- 24 at the hands of the suddenly-hot Cleveland Browns.

Honestly, I don’t have much to say about this one. The Dolphins got destroyed in the first half, putting forth a sloppy, penalty-ridden effort en route to a 28-3 halftime defecit.

While the Phins’ passing offense did wake up a bit in the first half, behind Ryan Fitzpatrick’s 3 TD effort (2 passing, 1 rushing), the Dolphin defense simply couldn’t handle all of the Browns’ offensive weapons. Former Dolphin Jarvis Landry torched his old team for 10 catches, 148 yards and 2 TDs. Odell Beckham added 6 catches for 84 yards and a TD, and RBs Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt combined for almost 140 yards and 2 TDs.

The Miami defense was awful, with zero pass rush and poor coverage all day. The Miami rushing offense was non-existent, as evidenced by Fitz leading the day with 45 yards. No other Dolphin back had more than 20 yards, as the running backs did absolutely nothing.

And that’s about it. The Dolphins now hold the # 2 overall pick in the 2020 draft, and it’s looking less likely every week that the Phins will win another game.

Hero of the Game: I’ll give it to Mike Gesicki, who scored his first NFL TD. Honorable mention to DeVante Parker, who had 6 catches for 91 yards. Parker has now officially shed his “bust” label, and is looking like a damn good #2, if not #1, receiver.

Goat of the Game: I was going to give it to the entire Miami secondary, but instead I’ll single out RB Kalen Ballage, who continually averages under 2 yards a carry and is looking more and more like a grocery store stock boy than an NFL running back each week.

Beer of the Game: One of my favorites: Lagunita “A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’” Ale

Draft QB watch: Undisputed #1 pick Joe Burrow kicked ass, while hopefuls Jake Fromm and Justin Herbert shit the bed with godawful performances.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game Thoughts: Week 12: Dolphins at Browns  Empty Re: Game Thoughts: Week 12: Dolphins at Browns

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:21 pm

I'm completely serious when I say half the guys in the stands could do at least as well as Ballage. I literally cannot recall any other RB with more than 75 carries averaging 2 yards a carry or less in the NFL for a season. That just doesn't happen. It takes a special kind of suckiness, and if Laird and Gaskin can't start ahead of THIS bum then they should be cut in the offseason along with him.

They CANNOT suffer the indignity of losing to the fucking BENGALS. They just...can't Evil or Very Mad But IMO all the damn injuries have finally taken their toll.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Game Thoughts: Week 12: Dolphins at Browns  Empty Re: Game Thoughts: Week 12: Dolphins at Browns

Post by JMP Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:41 pm

It's hard to imagine that a RB could be as bad as Ballage. Yeah,the OL sucks, but come on...you can't even get 3 yards??? Ugly.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:43 pm

BTW...Ryan Fitzpatrick is a fucking god. I LOVE watching him play...and I don't care how any INTs he throws or how many sacks he takes or how many open receivers he misses. He is the definition of a football player. If we're going to lose, I want to lose with Fitz.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:45 pm

Fitz had the temperament and smarts to be a great in this game. His accuracy does not want to cooperate with the previous statement, however.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:47 pm

Degarmo wrote:Fitz had the temperament and smarts to be a great in this game.  His accuracy does not want to cooperate with the previous statement, however.

Perfect description of his entire career.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:05 pm

JMP wrote:It's hard to imagine that a RB could be as bad as Ballage.  Yeah,the OL sucks, but come on...you can't even get 3 yards???  Ugly.

I just checked, and you have to go all the way back to 1940 for the last time a player averaged less than 2 yards per carry on at least 75 attempts. In other words my feeling was right and it has never ever happened in the modern era.

http://pfref.com/tiny/sCHMt

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:56 am

Fitz is the only bright light when it comes to Miami offense. Miami is going to be draft heavy but it gonna be a lot of defensive players. Even with money Miami will find it hard to get good players to come to Miami within the FA. I see Miami going after average to above average players that can contribute to the team without having to blow the bank.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:52 am

not much to take from this game other than the fact that less than a handful of these guys will still be playing in Miami (or the NFL in general) in a couple years.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:54 am

Seeing Devonte Parker finally play like a starting NFL wideout is one of the other silver linings. He's earned a spot here, as has Williams (assuming he returns to full health).

Running back and center are the two clearest needs right now, outside of QB.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:44 pm

Hero of the Game: I’ll give it to Mike Gesicki, who scored his first NFL TD. Honorable mention to DeVante Parker, who had 6 catches for 91 yards. Parker has now officially shed his “bust” label, and is looking like a damn good #2, if not #1, receiver.

Parker is developing nicely under this staff.  They've seemed to turn the light on for him.  I was really loving the Jets game when Parker and Preston Williams were giving the defense nightmares with all those slants.  Each of them using their size to box out defenders and get inside position.  I really hope Williams recovers fully and as quickly as possible.  It would be really nice to have two big, physical receivers.  On that note, I think we are going to move on from Albert Wilson, and Jakeem Grant becomes our one gadget piece/jet sweep/wildcat guy as well as the kickoff and punt returner.  Although Williams is really good as a returner, I wonder if the coaches would expose him to all those hits again considering his value on offense...

Goat of the Game: I was going to give it to the entire Miami secondary, but instead I’ll single out RB Kalen Ballage, who continually averages under 2 yards a carry and is looking more and more like a grocery store stock boy than an NFL running back each week.

My God is Ballage a guy that has seriously regressed.  Or maybe he was never really any good to begin with? I know Gase had a lot of power, so I can't hang the draft choice on Grier but man is he a bust.  Literally worth no more time investment, the team should just release him in the offseason.  

Running back and center are the two clearest needs right now, outside of QB.

Getting a beast at center would be a great move for this team.  However, I'd still prioritize the bread and butter positions as our serious needs.  IMO that means OT, DE (please Chase Young please), and CB.  In our defensive scheme, a hybrid OLB/DE is probably just as important as a pure traditional DE like Young.  

I would invest no higher than a 3rd round pick in RB.  In fact, I would prefer we just invite more undrafted rookie FAs to camp and take the best 3 into the season.  Just not a priority for me, and the trenches need serious help so I'd expect we invest probably 6 picks in OL and the front 7 on defense.  It won't just be a single player per position, we need depth and we need to double down with picks at important spots.

BTW...Ryan Fitzpatrick is a fucking god. I LOVE watching him play

It's been refreshing to watch a QB other than Tannehill, and a guy who is an obviously effective leader.  I liked the signing of Fitz when it happened, and he's done nothing this season to change my mind.  In fact, it's kind of a shame we will only see him start this season most likely.  Although I'd have no problem red-shirting a rookie QB and roll with Fitz next year too.  I like him enough, and sounds like the coaches do too.  Hard to believe Rosen is that bad, part of Fitz starting is he does a lot of things right, he's very smart and works hard.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down