The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parker extension

5 posters

Go down

Parker extension Empty Parker extension

Post by rightchea Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Adam Wells wrote:In the midst of a breakout season, DeVante Parker has earned a new long-term contract from the Miami Dolphins.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero first reported the two sides were nearing agreement on a four-year, $40 million deal.

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Parker's deal includes $21.5 million in guaranteed money and an $8 million signing bonus.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866914-devante-parker-dolphins-agree-to-4-year-40-million-contract

The move to keep Parker, as well as Hurns, might mean the end for Wilson in Miami. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets dropped this off season

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Parker extension Empty Re: Parker extension

Post by JMP Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Great job by the team to lock up Parker at a very team-friendly deal.  Even though the first two years are guaranteed, that's not a bad price at all for a borderline number 1 receiver.

It also sends a message to the team and the rest of the league: if you work hard and want to be a part of this team, the Dolphins will reward you.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Smart.

Use cap space extending young players on your own team that are talented.

Free agency is fools gold. I hope we don’t make a bunch of high priced signings for players that other teams have decided aren’t worth it....

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:54 am

well deserved and he celebrated with 2 TDs. and just think and year ago he was a bust and Gase was going to send him off like Landry and Ajayi.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:56 am

mercury22nathan wrote:well deserved and he celebrated with 2 TDs.  and just think and year ago he was a bust and Gase was going to send him off like Landry and Ajayi.

I'm already sick watching Jordan Phillips become a sack machine for the Bills. Fucking Gase. Mad

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:09 am

JMP wrote:
mercury22nathan wrote:well deserved and he celebrated with 2 TDs.  and just think and year ago he was a bust and Gase was going to send him off like Landry and Ajayi.

I'm already sick watching Jordan Phillips become a sack machine for the Bills.  Fucking Gase.  Mad

Grier had a hand in all those moves too. BTW Drake scored 4 TDs yesterday. Would've been nice having him around with the RB situation. I hope that 6th he was traded for is worth it.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:49 am

It all about coaching. Miami has good players that if they had the right coaching from the beginning they would have worked out in Miami. Flores wanted to start over and that what he is doing. Grier is giving Flores an opportunity to show that he can bring in guys that he can build up and make things happen. even though Miami is 3-11 they probably shouldn't have won those many games with the guys that they have. another thing that I have noticed is that Flores is sitting a lot of players to test out other players down the stretch. Flores already knows that Miami is not going to make it to the playoffs so he is sitting players like Taco and Aikens to get other players a chance to prove their worth.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:56 am

JMP wrote:I'm already sick watching Jordan Phillips become a sack machine for the Bills.  Fucking Gase.  Mad

Phillips had no sacks in 12 games last season for the Bills and never had more than 2 sacks in his previous four seasons before this one. I'm thinking it's a fluke and after he gets paid he'll go right back to being a JAG.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PhilJo01.htm

But yeah, it is a bit sickening to see so many players have career games and seasons AFTER leaving this team Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad At least Tannehill might finally be turning back into a pumpkin. Remember, he's never won more than 8 games as a starter in any season and this is his 8th now. It's like there's a rule against it. I'm convinced the only reason the '16 Fins made the playoffs is because he got hurt and couldn't mess it up.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:56 am

I don't really care about Drake. He never did much in Miami and he wasn't going to do anything behind this pathetic OL. There's no way he was getting re-signed in the offseason, so at least we got something for him. He's usually only good for a couple of good games a season anyway, and yesterday was his second of 2019. He'll go back to being below average next week.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:39 am

Totally agree on Drake. I could not care less what he does.

Phillips would look good in Miami right now, we could really use more talent on the D line. I know Grier signed off on the move, but IMO he was a casualty of Gase poor leadership.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:42 pm

Yep, Gase couldn't get along with Phillips because Phillips actually had the audacity to speak his mind and challenge the coaches. Tannenbaum/Grier signed off on it - but Gase had the power at that time and it was his decision to make that cut.

Phillips always had the talent...he just lacked motivation and conditioning. Seems like, just like Parker, he has matured and started taking his career seriously.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down