The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news on Tua

+5
white1
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
JMP
mercury22nathan
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Good news on Tua Empty Good news on Tua

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:35 am

i'm posting this for JMP's benefit.

And following Tagovailoa’s fourth-month checkup Monday, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport — citing a source — reported that Tagovailoa’s scans were “very good with no concerns.” Rapoport added that they tests came back “essentially as positive as possible.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article241035476.html

but its not full-on "everything is perfect" now news...

And still, it doesn’t appear that Tagovailoa will be “full go” — at least quite yet.

Rather, Rapoport reported in a tweet, Tagovailoa will “begin the slow progression of activity to get his body ready for play.”

But if, as NFL Network reported, that is the beginning of a slow progression to get him into football condition, there’s a chance he might not be at the top of his game for that workout.

Which means teams who are considering drafting him — like the Dolphins — might have to base their evaluation on what they project he will be in the future, not what he is now.

and for DF316's benefit... it may not matter if Tua is healthy or not because he might not be Miami's target...

The Miami Dolphins love Joe Burrow.

And so in the weeks between now and that moment the Bengals are on the clock during the 2020 NFL Draft, the Dolphins will try to trade up to the top spot to pick Burrow, according to the source.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article241019306.html

hmmm? could it be true?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Good news on Tua Empty Re: Good news on Tua

Post by JMP Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:54 am

Yeah, Tua isn't going to come back all guns blazing at the Pro Day - that's just not realistic. But what he can do is show that he can still throw the ball the way he always did, and he can show that the hip is not hindering his delivery, accuracy or velocity. If he can show that, he's on target for where he needs to be. It's still a 'work in progress' but everything so far is positive - more positive than most people expected.

As for who the Dolphins are targeting, we won't know till April 23. Till then, all news is just speculation. My own guess is that the Phins will trade into the top 3 and take Burrow or Tua, depending on which one is available. I'm thinking Tua at 3 is the most likely scenario. But you never know - it could be Herbert at 5.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:03 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:and for DF316's benefit...  it may not matter if Tua is healthy or not because he might not be Miami's target...

The Miami Dolphins love Joe Burrow.

And so in the weeks between now and that moment the Bengals are on the clock during the 2020 NFL Draft, the Dolphins will try to trade up to the top spot to pick Burrow, according to the source.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article241019306.html

hmmm?  could it be true?

Getting Burrow would be the best belated birthday present ever cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:40 pm

What would it take to make that trade? All our first round picks this year and a second?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:19 pm

CarsonChris wrote:What would it take to make that trade? All our first round picks this year and a second?

Only slightly less than it would take to trade up to #2 for Tua. In other words if they wanted to trade up to 2 then why not just go for 1 instead? Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:57 am

Moving up to 1 will cost much more than moving up to 2.  It's a much more valuable pick, even though it's just one spot.

The thing is - why would the Bengals move to 5? That would mean they miss both Burrow and Tua, which would be a disaster for that franchise.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:35 pm

Skins at 2 is our target - or should be.

I bet 2 first round picks and a 2nd get it done (or close). From the Skins perspective, they could trade down make 2 first round selections and if they want defense, they are guaranteed Young, Okudah or Simmons at #5. Later in the first round, if they need a receiver there will be plenty.

This is what I would do.

Grier has shown some talent in choosing to let certain guys walk, and trading away others while making some wise pickups of journeymen and undrafted guys last season. Let's see what he does with all this ammo.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:10 am

Megan Armstrong wrote:The Washington Redskins reportedly told Tua Tagovailoa during their meeting at last month's NFL combine that they want to take him at No. 2 overall in order to create a quarterback competition with 2019 15th overall pick Dwayne Haskins, according to Safid Deen of the Sun-Sentinel at the time.

That was characterized as "smoke" in a new report Wednesday.

"I don't think [Washington owner] Dan [Snyder] would want that," an anonymous source familiar with the organization's thinking told Sports Illustrated's Kalyn Kahler. "He wants to give Haskins the opportunity and I think Dan is infatuated with [Ohio State defensive end] Chase Young."

Kahler added: "When Washington selected Haskins last year, many in league circles viewed it as a pick orchestrated by Snyder, and this source says that characterization is not overblown."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2880413-redskins-rumors-tua-buzz-smoke-amid-dan-snyders-chase-young-infatuation

Depending on how influential the owner is during the draft, the Redskins might force the fin to trade up if Miami is really serious about Tua. If Miami is really serious about keeping all 14 of their draft picks then Miami will sit at 5 and bait the Redskins into just missing out on Chase Young, who almost has the perfect draft grade of 7.37 out of 8

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:17 am

Snyder does love to meddle, and if he wanted Haskins he isn't going to want to give up on him after one year - in effect admitting it was a mistake and he's not that good.

Chase Young is the second complication for Rivera if he really does want Tua. If Snyder loves Young, he'll force the team to draft him. Not a bad consolation prized, but for Rivera he wants to start his tenure with a QB he believes in.

If this transpires, we're talking to Detroit...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:32 am

I would bait Snyder into thinking that Miami like where Fitz is at and in more need of wanting Young to see what he does.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 am

There are rumors that Rivera wants Cam Newton, so that's something to keep an eye on here as well.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:19 pm

If Tua is the real deal, and his hip is fine, I would think some team would WANT to trade up to #2 to get Tua.

That is assuming Rivera actually does not want Tua himself.

Those first 13 or so picks in this draft are gonna be mighty interesting. I have a feeling, it is not gonna work out in Miami's favor.

Gosh dang it, why did they have to win so many games last year!!!!

Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:36 pm

JMP wrote:There are rumors that Rivera wants Cam Newton, so that's something to keep an eye on here as well.

Snyder definitely not going to let that happen

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:44 pm

rightchea wrote:
JMP wrote:There are rumors that Rivera wants Cam Newton, so that's something to keep an eye on here as well.

Snyder definitely not going to let that happen

Yeah, I think ultimately the Skins will just roll with Haskins. Snyder has the real power on that team, and Haskins was his guy.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:34 pm

Haskins improved as the year went on and showed considerably more than Rosen showed in 2018.    I'd be surprised if the 'Skins gave up on him this early. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they targeted Wirfs.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:10 am

HalCHorn wrote:Haskins improved as the year went on and showed considerably more than Rosen showed in 2018.

i didn't really think about it, but that is so TRUE!!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:49 pm

I showed more promise than Rosen last year when I accurately took the garbage to the curb.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:00 pm

Degarmo wrote:I showed more promise than Rosen last year when I accurately took the garbage to the curb.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sad...but probably true.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:51 pm

JMP wrote:
Degarmo wrote:I showed more promise than Rosen last year when I accurately took the garbage to the curb.

Sad...but probably true.

There was no interception, I did not get benched, and still play that position today. Plus, no one wasted a 2nd and a 5th on me AND I'm a utility player.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:48 pm

Degarmo wrote:
JMP wrote:

Sad...but probably true.

There was no interception, I did not get benched, and still play that position today.  Plus, no one wasted a 2nd and a 5th on me AND I'm a utility player.

This is too funny Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:44 pm

Videos online today of Tua practicing and throwing...dropping back, moving laterally, stepping up, etc. No limp, no problems turning his hip...looks fantastic.

Go get 'im Grier!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:01 am

here is the video or some of what he was doing

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:01 am

JMP wrote:Videos online today of Tua practicing and throwing...dropping back, moving laterally, stepping up, etc. No limp, no problems turning his hip...looks fantastic.

Go get 'im Grier!!!

I still think that Miami won't have to move up to get him

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:36 am

His footwork looked amazing in the video.

And yes, I'm starting to think we can stay at 5 and get him - but the Chargers and Jags could potentially move up for him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:02 pm

I would think they would have to trade at least the 1st and 2nd round picks plus next years 1st round pick to get Tua. Even if they were to trade with Miami.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next