The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injury updates and other news for Jags game

3 posters

Go down

Injury updates and other news for Jags game Empty Injury updates and other news for Jags game

Post by JMP Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:43 pm

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/09/reshad-jones-status-for-jacksonville-game-tricky.html

Reshad Jones was optimistic about his return to the lineup this week as he was leaving the visitor's locker room in Washington on Sunday. "I'll be OK," he said.

But a source close to Jones on Wednesday said it is more likely than not the Dolphins starting strong safety will miss Sunday's game at Jacksonville, barring a significant improvement in his hamstring. The source said even if Jones improves, the decision to play will be "tricky" because there is a possibility of re-aggravating the hamstring or possibly even making it worse by coming back before it is mostly healed.

Jones did not practice Wednesday.

Tight end Dion Sims is in the concussion protocol and is not practicing. His status for Sunday is doubtful although that is not official.

Defensive end Derrick Shelby, poked in the eye during the Washington game, did not practice today.

On the bright side, defensive end Olivier Vernon, who left the game with an ankle injury, practiced today at least on a limited basis. And offensive tackle Jason Fox, who has been brought along slowly after suffering a concussion in the second preseason game Aug. 22 and missed the regular-season opener, is practicing today.

newly signed Raheem Mostert said the Dolphins have told him he will be the team's kickoff return man this week.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Injury updates and other news for Jags game Empty Re: Injury updates and other news for Jags game

Post by white1 Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:18 pm

I'd say save Jones if he wasn't one of the only defenders who showed up against Washington. We're already down one safety and have some youth there.

Dammit.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Injury updates and other news for Jags game Empty Re: Injury updates and other news for Jags game

Post by JMP Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:49 pm

After seeing the godawful play of Aikens and Thomas on Sunday, I'm terrified of the thought of this defense without Jones. Without him, I think the Skins would have crushed us...he almost single-handedly shut them down in the second half.

That said, the most important thing is to get him healthy. If he has to sit, so be it. It would be foolish to play him Sunday if there's even a slight chance that he could make the injury worse. Our depth is too weak to take chances like that.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:14 am

Why can't this team find a good free safety?

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:21 pm

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

Defensive end Cameron Wake and safety Reshad Jones, two of the Dolphins’ most valuable defensive pieces, were listed as questionable for Sunday’s game at Jacksonville because of hamstring injuries, but Jones said he would try to play and there’s hope that Wake can, too, barring a setback.

“I will be out there,” Jones said. “That’s the plan.”

The Dolphins are cautiously optimistic about Wake’s chances of playing, but aren’t certain by any means.

Defensive end Derrick Shelby (eye) also was listed as questionable. Defensive end Olivier Vernon (ankle) was listed as probable and has said he will play Sunday. Tight end Dion Sims (concussion) is out.

The Jaguars listed four players as out: defensive linemen Sen’Derrick Marks and Andre Branch, tight end Julius Thomas and cornerback Dwayne Gratz. Former FIU safety Johnathan Cyprien and running back Toby Gerhart are doubtful.

So now we could be without both Jones and Wake on Sunday?? I had no idea Wake was in danger of missing the game. No

If Wake can't go, McCain may see some time at DE (if he's even active):

How did Chris McCain go from being the starting strong-side linebacker to open training camp to not being active for Week 1?

Coaches haven't been happy with his production. "I've got to make more plays, be more accountable," he said.

McCain said coaches told him last week they needed to keep others active instead who were more critical on special teams --- even though McCain had a blocked punt last season.

Though McCain has practiced for months in the "jack" role that Dion Jordan handled last season, "we haven't used it at all in a game yet," McCain said. But "it hasn't been eliminated [from the playbook]."

Incidentally, McCain said he has been practicing exclusively at defensive end this week because of the Dolphins' injuries at the position.

"I really thought yesterday he was busting his tail out here at practice," Joe Philbin said. "He looks very good this week in preparation.”

I hate the way the Phins are handling McCain. He should be a DE. But he played LB all offseason. And now they're trying to make him a DE again??? WTF??? No wonder he looks lost when he's on the field...they have him doing too many things. Pick a position, and keep him there. This constant shuffling between positions is ruining him. Honestly, I don't have high expectations for him anyway, but at least try to help him succeed.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down