The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injury updates on Jae Phillips and Conner Williams

5 posters

Go down

Injury updates on Jae Phillips and Conner Williams Empty Injury updates on Jae Phillips and Conner Williams

Post by JMP Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:19 am

The good news:

King of Phinland
@KingOfPhinland

Jaelan Phillips is officially back to walking well without a limp and even walking on his toes showing off his achilles regained strength. Phillips is crushing this rehab process‼

Outstanding news!  Maybe we get lucky and he'll be ready for the season???

The bad news:

Louis Riddick said Connor Williams might have to retire due to the severity of his knee injury.  We'll see what happens, but that would be horrible,  The guy went from potentially getting a huge FA payday to considering retirement in just a couple of months.   Sad  No

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Injury updates on Jae Phillips and Conner Williams Empty Re: Injury updates on Jae Phillips and Conner Williams

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:29 am

Great news on Phillips.

Truly sad news on Williams. Hopefully he can recover enough to get another payday in the NFL.

If the Phins could get a Williams-like or even a better version of Williams in the draft, I would be ecstatic.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Injury updates on Jae Phillips and Conner Williams Empty Re: Injury updates on Jae Phillips and Conner Williams

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:18 pm

I'm telling you guys, somehow, some way, Williams KNEW he'd get hurt and that's why he held in for the extension last offseason.

Horrible that he might have to retire because of it, especially in the 2020s when no injury's supposed to be career-ending.

BTW I was feeling bad for Williams before it was cool, just sayin' Cool Is this what they call "virtue signaling"? scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:34 pm

Sad news on Williams. Hopefully it’s just early but Riddick knows what he’s doing. Hate to hear it.
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:30 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I'm telling you guys, somehow, some way, Williams KNEW he'd get hurt and that's why he held in for the extension last offseason.

moral of the story: you're either in or you're out - there is no in between.

all these guys are millionaires - unless they have foolishly wasted all their money...and then that's on them. so its not like they have to work. they are not on the edge of starving and are forced to work. they're trying to maintain or increase an already abundant lifestyle - which is their right to do so, but given their chosen line of work it comes with risks.

if they believe they are being unfairly compensated, then express that opinion to management. if management will not increase pay and you still feel strongly about the matter, then holdout, completely. otherwise, accept the risk and perform your job completely. but the idea of holding in does nothing but erode your own position (management has no incentive to address the situation) and puts you at greater risk of injury (not be fully physically prepared to perform your chosen line of work).

i feel bad for Williams, but he knew the risks and he made a dumb decision to hold in. he should have either held out completely or committed fully. picking the in between is what put him the situation he is now.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down