The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFF Ranks Fins' Receiving Corps 29th!!!

+3
finfanatic
JMP
DolFan 316
7 posters

Go down

PFF Ranks Fins' Receiving Corps 29th!!!  Empty PFF Ranks Fins' Receiving Corps 29th!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 28, 2020 2:38 pm

Not sure what upsets me more, that they're ranked that low or ranked below the JETS Evil or Very Mad At least they're above the Pats Laughing And how on God's green earth did the BILLS get ranked FIFTH?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I know Jmp will have a field day with this one Razz

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-nfl-season-receiving-corps-rankings

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

PFF Ranks Fins' Receiving Corps 29th!!!  Empty Re: PFF Ranks Fins' Receiving Corps 29th!!!

Post by JMP Thu May 28, 2020 11:32 pm

[shrugs shoulders] Meh. It's PFF. That's all you need to know.

Teams with DeVante Parker, Julian Edelman, DJ Chark and Terry McLaurin are in the bottom 4...which highlights the stupidity of these "rankings". It's a joke.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PFF Ranks Fins' Receiving Corps 29th!!!  Empty Re: PFF Ranks Fins' Receiving Corps 29th!!!

Post by finfanatic Fri May 29, 2020 1:41 pm

We'll just have to see. Parker has got to keep up the level of play and Williams needs to stay on the field.

Diggs moved the Bills up ten spots at least IMO.

The Jets though.... Yeah, that is ahead-scratcher.

But usually all these rankings are entirely subjective. You give the best group of WRs a crappy O-line and a shyte QB and they suddenly ain't so hot.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 29, 2020 2:24 pm

finfanatic wrote:We'll just have to see. Parker has got to keep up the level of play and Williams needs to stay on the field.

Diggs moved the Bills up ten spots at least IMO.

The Jets though....   Yeah, that is ahead-scratcher.

But usually all these rankings are entirely subjective. You give the best group of WRs a crappy O-line and a shyte QB and they suddenly ain't so hot.

I'm not sure where the Bills should be, but definitely top 10.

The Jets and Packers have the worst receivers in the NFL, and it's really not close. Any list that doesn't have them 31 and 32 is useless.

The Falcons have Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley...and they are ranked 13? Huh??? Yet the Panthers are top 10. Ummm, yeah...OK.

The Giants should be 29 or 30...they are at 21 on this list, and there's no way that 11 teams have a worse receiving situation than they do.

The Steelers at 18??? How??? Their receiving corps is trash.

I could go on, but no need to beat a dead horse. Just more random, unrealistic rankings from PFF...par for the course.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri May 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Miami will never get the respect that they deserve. Even if Miami won 5 superbowl they will say that their schedule was easy

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri May 29, 2020 3:24 pm

Preseason rankings mean about as much to me as a unscientific data, because it is.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Fri May 29, 2020 3:51 pm

Yeah I too have a lot of questions about that list but don't have the time right now to really look at it. They bumped up teams with better tight ends and receiving backs, which is okay. What kinda bothers me is they give a lot of credit to some rookie WRs which is understand but don't tell me someone like Preston Williams isn't "striking fear into opposing defenses any time soon" when he's actually showed something on the field when the others haven't. I agree with their assessment of Parker. So basically for Parker, Williams, and Gesicki they need to prove what they showed wasn't a fluke and they can improve on that but rookies who have yet to play don't really have to??? The Cowboys are way too high at this point in my opinion. It is what it is I guess, it's just one man's opinion.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 29, 2020 4:33 pm

rightchea wrote:Miami will never get the respect that they deserve. Even if Miami won 5 superbowl they will say that their schedule was easy

Yep.

But with this PFF receiving list, I'm not necessarily upset that they have Miami ranked so low. It's more that the whole list just makes no sense.

Like how could the Jets be ranked over any team???? Their only legit receivers are Bell and Crowder (a very average possession receiver)...how is that better than the Dolphins (Parker/Gesicki/Williams/Wilson)???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri May 29, 2020 5:38 pm

rightchea wrote:Miami will never get the respect that they deserve. Even if Miami won 5 superbowl they will say that their schedule was easy

They already did in '72. That season is what began the now almost 50-year span of Fins media hate.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri May 29, 2020 5:40 pm

JMP wrote:Like how could the Jets be ranked over any team????  Their only legit receivers are Bell and Crowder (a very average possession receiver)...how is that better than the Dolphins (Parker/Gesicki/Williams/Wilson)???

IKR? Again, that's what irked me more than anything Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Not to mention the affect injuries would have on the list. And because practice time will now be more limited than ever I expect this season to have more player injuries across the board than ever.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri May 29, 2020 7:01 pm

Parker's been a bust who had 1 good season. The rest get injured when they start playing decent.
Hoping Gesicki turns into a great player because he is from Jersey close to me and I know people that know him.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down