The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patriots sign Cam Newton

4 posters

Go down

Patriots sign Cam Newton Empty Patriots sign Cam Newton

Post by JMP Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:16 am

Yep, Cam is a Patriot.

I know many people assume he will be the starter, but I'm not so sure. I think the Pats like Stidham and will give him every chance. But now they have a veteran backup with tremendous upside (or, at least, more upside than their other QB - Brian Hoyer).

The big question is: does Cam still have any arm strength? Because the last several games he played, he had no arm at all and was basically a liability on the field.

An interesting signing for sure, and one that sort of covers up the other big Patriots story - you know, where they were caught cheating again and fined over a million dollars and had a 2021 3rd round pick taken away.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Patriots sign Cam Newton Empty Re: Patriots sign Cam Newton

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:00 am

Right now there seems to be a bit of a conflict going on between people who want this season canceled and people who want it to be played out for the explicit purpose of shoving the BLM/Antifa agenda down our throats. Either way, I'm at the point now where I could not be less interested. Cam a Patriot? Good for him, I guess. Does he still get paid if the season's not played?

Right now I can barely watch UFC without turning off the TV in utter disgust because of all the "wokeness'.

But I am glad that somebody posted something cheers I really do worry about all you guys every day now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:07 pm

I hate that woke saying now a days. it annoying. but besides that Patriots seem to be desperate at this point. Cam is not what Bill is use too.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:04 pm

So funny listening to sports radio and hearing all these clowns predicting that the Pats are a top team again because they signed noodle-armed Cam Newton. LOL Personally, I don't think Cam is even going to win the starting job. Who knows what kind of shape he's in and if he can even throw a football!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:31 am

yea, i don't get all the recent Cam love. i've read all these articles talking about how only NE and Cleveland talked to him and everyone else is stupid for not offering him a role for basically backup money. did anyone ever think that maybe Cam was only willing to go somewhere that he'd be guaranteed to compete for the starting spot? add in the fact that he apparently isn't the easiest personality to work with and that his never-too-accurate arm appears to be even less accurate and weakened...oh, and can his shoulder even pass a physical? i think this is a desperation move by the Pats.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:57 am

mercury22nathan wrote:yea, i don't get all the recent Cam love.  i've read all these articles talking about how only NE and Cleveland talked to him and everyone else is stupid for not offering him a role for basically backup money.  did anyone ever think that maybe Cam was only willing to go somewhere that he'd be guaranteed to compete for the starting spot?  add in the fact that he apparently isn't the easiest personality to work with and that his never-too-accurate arm appears to be even less accurate and weakened...oh, and can his shoulder even pass a physical?  i think this is a desperation move by the Pats.

Looking at their QB situation, I think it is absolutely desperation. I think they honestly like Stidham and think he can be a legit starter...but what if he doesn't pan out? Hoyer is a good guy and knows the system...but let's be honest - if he has to start any games the Pats are DONE. Cam, when healthy, is a playmaker and has game-changing ability - so in that sense, at worst he's a colossal upgrade to Hoyer.

But will he ever be healthy?

Forgetting his personality and ego (which is difficult to do), unless he's had a miraculous recovery, it seems like Cam is done. When is the last time his arm looked good? Early 2018, maybe even late 2017 before the shoulder injury??? That's a long time. And add in a Lisfranc foot surgery 7 months ago that could take over a year to fully heal and will at least temporarily impact Cam's running ability - which is what really makes him special - and you have a guy that just doesn't scare anyone. I hear al these people penciling him in as a day one starter, and I have to wonder if they're talking about the same guy. Again, maybe he has a miraculous recovery AND masters the complex Patriot offense...but how realistic is that?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down