The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitz one of the best when...

5 posters

Go down

Fitz one of the best when... Empty Fitz one of the best when...

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:34 am

Surprising...

Fitzpatrick has the fourth-highest clean-pocket passing grade of any quarterback in the NFL during the past two seasons, trailing only Wilson, Drew Brees and Patrick Mahomes.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article244216062.html

unfortunately, a clean pocket has been a rarity in Miami. hopefully the change in OC and some new blood along the OL will help improve this.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Fitz one of the best when... Empty Re: Fitz one of the best when...

Post by JMP Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:01 pm

That is a crazy stat!

I had high hopes for a much-improved OL this year, but with the lack of practice time who knows what will happen.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:50 pm

Wow. Very interesting.

We have trolled this o-line for years and years, and with good reason. Even when we had a line with Pouncey, Tunsil at LG, and that veteran LT (Brandon Albert?) I can't remember right now, Omar called them "unicorns" because it was a rarity they were all healthy enough to start on game day.

Our offensive line is absolutely critical to the success of this offense, and that stands regardless if it's Fitz or Tua starting at QB. Also, it stands to be said we will start with the run. New England did this, Flores wants it, and Chan Gailey has done it - our offense is built to function around an effective rushing attack. We have the backs, but it won't happen without an above-average offensive line to provide the push we need.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:30 pm

I'm curious to see how this OL develops. On paper, we now have a bunch of behemoths that should excel at run blocking...which is typically easier than pass pro (at least when you don't have a bunch of weak-ass finesse players, like we've had for fucking ever). If the run game gets going, it will open up big plays for Fitz and a talented group of receivers...and we might just have the pieces in place for a solid offense!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:25 am

Me too. This one really brings me to a place of doubt.... the team has been trying to solve the OL for so long, and we've had hope so many times.

We'll just have to hope the scouting talent we've added has helped.

We've used draft picks in the past, but not enough, and not high enough, and when we do we've chosen (mostly) the wrong guys. I think Pouncey was a great selection, Brandon Albert was a good FA pickup, and Tunsil fell in our lap - that was nothing but just plain luck. Hell, even Incognito, if he wasn't such a psycho, was a good add at left guard.

This year, what I really like is the team didn't stop after drafting Jackson in the first round. We kept adding more players - and earlier than we typically have. If we can just hit on two of them, that would go a long way to solving this line problem we've faced - seemingly for decades now.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:47 pm

I'm not a Fitz fan and realize his career was a journeyman fluke. If Tua isn't ready I would love to see Rosen start but I'm hoping Tua is the savior and looking forward to watching him.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:49 pm

Let's hope that Miami made the right decisions so that Fitz can have a great season.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down