The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

work in progress.

2 posters

Go down

work in progress. Empty work in progress.

Post by rightchea Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:57 pm

So after listening to this guy, you realize that Miami isn't doing that bad at all. Miami can do better but baby steps people baby steps

rightchea

Back to top Go down

work in progress. Empty Re: work in progress.

Post by JMP Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:44 pm

I'll watch the video later, but here is some progress:

In 2019, after 4 games the Dolphins had allowed 163 points and scored 26. That's a point differential of -137.

In 2020, after 4 games the Dolphins have allowed 96 points and scored 93. That's a point differential of -3.

So far we have scored 67 more points than last season, and allowed 67 fewer points. I know, I know...we're still 1-3. But, that is absolute progress - in fact, it's like night and day.

And, look at this...after 4 games, here is how some teams with better records than Miami stack up in points allowed:
Patriots - 92
Bucs - 92
Cardinals - 92
Dolphins - 96
Bills - 100
Packers - 101
Panthers - 102
Seahawks - 109
Raiders - 120
Saints - 123
Browns - 126

A couple of those teams are legit Super Bowl contenders and most are playoff teams. So, maybe our defense isn't as bad as we think - relative to other (better) teams.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:03 am

To be honest we could have beaten the Bills. Losing by a field goal to a team that has been dominating this season is obvious progress. The Seahawk's game would have been closer as well if the Flores would have done some trick plays or something for Miami to win.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down