The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua work ethic

+2
JMP
CarsonChris
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tua work ethic Empty Tua work ethic

Post by CarsonChris Thu May 05, 2022 9:57 am

A great interview of Omar Kelly. Much of what we've talked about from Tua on the golf course before a game to the player dynamic involving Tua/Fitz and the team.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/05/report-tua-was-on-the-golf-course-before-a-game/

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Tua work ethic Empty Re: Tua work ethic

Post by JMP Thu May 05, 2022 10:16 am

Omar has really gone off the deep end...just when you think he can't get any worse, he finds a way. Rolling Eyes

All that really matters is what happens moving forward. The entire organization has shown a strong commitment to Tua this offseason, and they've built the entire offense around him. I'll trust in their faith and ignore the bullshit ramblings of an irrelevant hack reporter.

Just wait: when Tua is lighting up the league this season, Omar will act like he was the biggest Tua supporter from day one. (Well, either that, or he'll try to find some way to continue to tear down Tua.)

The continued trashing of Tua has gotten completely out of hand. There's absolutely no reason for it, but it just doesn't stop. Ryan Leaf wasn't even treated this poorly, and he actually deserved it both on and off the field.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 05, 2022 10:28 am

Listened to the first 15 minutes and then had to turn it off because I couldn't take anymore of Omar's BS.

Every negative Tua thing Omar said in that interview was based on things he's heard from random unnamed people. He admitted that he has no first-hand evidence for anything he said. What a crock of shit. Big O called Omar out, and Omar couldn't produce anything real...just hearsay. It is pretty clear in this interview that Omar is still bitter about Ryan Fitzpatrick getting benched...let it go, dude. Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 05, 2022 12:10 pm

Digging deeper into the golf story:

Supposedly this happened the morning of the Ravens game, which was a primetime night game that Flores told Tua he would not play in. Tua supposedly golfed with reporter Cameron Wolfe that morning.

As you recall, Brissett got knocked out of that game. Tua came in off the bench in the third quarter and led the team to 16 points and a victory despite Flores labeling him unfit to play.

So, yeah, another non-story in a long line of Omar Kelly non-stories.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu May 05, 2022 2:49 pm

It's clear Tua wasn't a Flores guy. It is interesting regarding Tua's first start. An attempt to sabotage Tua by naming him starter against the Rams.

Had Miami drafted Love like Flores wanted we would have already moved on. Tua gets another year.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 05, 2022 3:13 pm

The funniest part of Omar's take is this: I wonder if he knows what some of the star players in the 70s and 80s did before games? There's tons of great stories out there (and I'm sure Hal and 316 could tell us some great ones, historians that they are!) A lot of those guys were lucky to make it back to their hotel rooms by noon from the night before...even in the Super Bowl! And there are certainly stories involving Lawrence Taylor smoking crack before and even during games! If Tua actually played golf 10 hours or whatever before kickoff in a game he wasn't supposed to play in, I'd say that's pretty damn mild.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 05, 2022 3:16 pm

CarsonChris wrote:It's clear Tua wasn't a Flores guy. ย It is interesting regarding Tua's first start. An attempt to sabotage Tua by naming him starter against the Rams.

Had Miami drafted Love like Flores wanted we would have already moved on. Tua gets another year.

Well, all of that Flores garbage is behind us now and we can move forward and finally see what Tua can develop into. I still feel dirty knowing that I supported Flores all along...I just had no idea what a scumbag he was.

Anyway, we can argue about selecting Tua over Herbert forever - but at least we didn't draft Jordan Love! geek lol!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 05, 2022 4:09 pm

JMP wrote:Digging deeper into the golf story:

Supposedly this happened the morning of the Ravens game, which was a primetime night game that Flores told Tua he would not play in. ย Tua supposedly golfed with reporter Cameron Wolfe that morning. ย 

As you recall, Brissett got knocked out of that game. ย Tua came in off the bench in the third quarter and led the team to 16 points and a victory despite Flores labeling him unfit to play.

So, yeah, another non-story in a long line of Omar Kelly non-stories.

If that's how Tua plays when he golfs before a game, I'm making sure some links are open somewhere for him before EVERY game, home or road!

But seriously, imagine ANY other coach in today's NFL openly sabotaging his second year first round QB by essentially telling the world, "He's hurt, but he's not really hurt. I just don't feel like starting him because I think the backup who's lost all 7 of his starts is better. Also, I wanted to draft another QB so I'm taking that anger out on him because I'm a petulant sociopath".

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 05, 2022 4:17 pm

JMP wrote:Well, all of that Flores garbage is behind us now and we can move forward and finally see what Tua can develop into. ย I still feel dirty knowing that I supported Flores all along...I just had no idea what a scumbag he was.

It's okay Jmp, I won't judge. Just like I won't judge when Tom turns into a Pro Bowler and possibly the best rookie O-linemen. As hard as it is to believe, even *I'm* not perfect. Cool Wink

Anyway, we can argue about selecting Tua over Herbert forever - but at least we didn't draft Jordan Love! ย geek lol!

I feel FAR more sympathy for Jordan Love than I do Deshaun Watson, or anybody whining about not getting paid enough. He was involuntarily placed in a horrible situation through no fault of his own that resulted in his career being essentially over before it had even started. Treylon Burks is in that situation now, but even that's not as bad as having the team's star QB bitch about you being drafted to the point of threatening to leave the team. And NOBODY seems to even care what Love thinks or feels about it all. That's not to say I think he's secretly good (he might be as bad a player as I repeatedly said he was leading up to that draft) but he didn't deserve all of this drama and bullshit.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Fri May 06, 2022 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 05, 2022 4:29 pm

JMP wrote:The funniest part of Omar's take is this: I wonder if he knows what some of the star players in the 70s and 80s did before games? ย There's tons of great stories out there (and I'm sure Hal and 316 could tell us some great ones, historians that they are!) ย A lot of those guys were lucky to make it back to their hotel rooms by noon from the night before...even in the Super Bowl! ย And there are certainly stories involving Lawrence Taylor smoking crack before and even during games! ย If Tua actually played golf 10 hours or whatever before kickoff in a game he wasn't supposed to play in, I'd say that's pretty damn mild.

Funny you should say that. I once read a book while in a bookstore (back when I used to actually go to bookstores on a semi-regular basis) about the hijinks '70s players engaged in. It wasn't really anything I didn't know or couldn't have figured out already, and the writer was gushing fanboi-style. Almost every player being talked about was on the Raiders or the Steelers for some reason. I forget the title, it's one of those things where a name's on the tip of your tongue but you'd only remember if someone else said it.

Then there's the horrible book about Shula I bought (talk about lousy writing!) in which there was apparently an incident as a player when he and a couple of teammates saw an empty cab that had been left running and "borrowed" it. Among other things.

But sports media hypocrisy is nothing new. Back in the '60s they fawned all over Paul Hornung for screwing every woman he saw (literally, he didn't care what they looked like, as long as they were female) but when Joe Namath entered the AFL and did the same thing all of a sudden there was mass pearl clutching by these same guys Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And if I'm being honest, I actually prefer those days to now, when players spend so much time and effort saying the "proper" things and making a big show of working out, while behind the scenes they're driving drunk and smacking women around and ingesting PEDs like crazy and even randomly firing guns for no reason. But we're just supposed to ignore all that Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 am

But seriously, imagine ANY other coach in today's NFL openly sabotaging his second year first round QB by essentially telling the world, "He's hurt, but he's not really hurt. I just don't feel like starting him because I think the backup who's lost all 7 of his starts is better. Also, I wanted to draft another QB so I'm taking that anger out on him because I'm a petulant sociopath".

I don't believe this part either. Grier does not have the conviction, ego or strong personality that would lead him to "overrule" his head coach on a draft selection. ESPECIALLY if that draft selection is a quarterback expected to be franchise-caliber.

No, Flores signed off on selecting Tua over Herbert. He screwed it up following that because he could not manage the popular-veteran vs unproven rookie dynamic. Clearly, since Tua wasn't working day one like Tom Brady, Flores became disenchanted with his "shitty" work ethic.

We all know now that Flores had severe deficiencies which would (and still will, barring some kind of miraculous change in his character) eliminate the chance he can be a successful head coach. Mismanaging a transition from Fitzpatrick to Tua, and leading the team through that transition, is just another mistake on his list.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 06, 2022 10:07 am

Yeah, in hindsight it is clear as day that Flores just didn't know what the hell he was doing. --He wants Tua...then he doesn't.
--He brings in Gailey to run a Fitzpatrick offense...then benches Fitz without telling Gailey.
--He hires an offensive coaching staff made up almost entirely of coaches that are new to their respective positions...then stops talking to them at midseason.

The list goes on and on. And that's not even considering his bizarre lawsuit. The more I think about, the more I think this guy has serious mental issues.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 06, 2022 10:11 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

I feel FAR more sympathy for Jordan Love than I do Deshaun Watson, or anybody whining about not getting paid enough. He was involuntarily placed in a horrible situation through no fault of his own that resulted in his career being essentially over before it had even started. Treylon Burks is in that situation now, but even that's not as bad as having the team's star QB bitch about you being drafted to the point of threatening to leave the team. And NOBODY seems to even care what Love thinks or feels about it all. That's not to say I think he's secretly good (he might be as bad a player as I repeatedly said he was leading up to that draft) but he didn't deserve all of this drama and bullshit.

Yes, Jordan Love got royally screwed. By getting drafted in the first round by a team with Aaron Rodgers, the Packers automatically guaranteed that the fanbase would hate him and the players wouldn't support him. Just a horrific position to be in for a QB that everyone knew would need time to develop. The Packers did him no favors at all by drafting him.

As for Burks...he's a raw player that will need time to learn route-running and other intricacies of being an NFL receiver. But he has been put in a position where he needs to produce in a big way right out of the gate - or the fanbase will quickly turn on him. The ghost of AJ Brown will haunt him forever if he starts off slow.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 06, 2022 10:14 am

BTW - Omar's claim that the players hate Tua sure falls flat when you see all the Dolphin players that were at Tua's fundraiser, and hanging with him at the Formula 1 race thing in Miami last week and the Florida Panthers game last night. And I'm talking players on offense AND defense. Don't let facts get in the way, Omar...you just keep doing your thing. Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri May 06, 2022 10:40 am

as i hide in my aqua and orange bunker, i bring you information that may well get me cancelled as it doesn't fit the prevailing media narrative.

NFL analyst Warren Sharp brought one of those topics to light on Thursday, as he referenced Tua Tagovailoa’s success in the red zone. He gave us a list of the league’s top-10 red zone quarterbacks based on success rate, and Tagovailoa’s position on the list might be surprising to some.

top-10 red zone QBs in 2021*

1. Tua Tagovailoa
2. Josh Allen
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Lamar Jackson (tie)
4. Tom Brady
6. Ryan Tannehill
7. Jimmy Garoppolo
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Teddy Bridgewater

*based on success rate (EPA>0), min 50 att

With the injuries and inconsistencies in Miami’s offense in 2021, Tagovailoa was pretty successful when they were in close. In the red zone, he had the league’s best completion percentage (65.4%), third-best touchdown percentage (28.8%), second-lowest sack percentage (1.8%) and sixth-best passer rating (101.3).

https://sports.yahoo.com/tua-tagovailoa-ranked-top-qb-213053129.html

and all this without any semblance of a running game or OL protection. shhh, they don't want you to know this: Tua doesn't suck.

this tape will self destruct in 5, 4, 3, 2...

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 06, 2022 10:50 am

mercury22nathan wrote:as i hide in my aqua and orange bunker, i bring you information that may well get me cancelled as it doesn't fit the prevailing media narrative.

NFL analyst Warren Sharp brought one of those topics to light on Thursday, as he referenced Tua Tagovailoa’s success in the red zone. He gave us a list of the league’s top-10 red zone quarterbacks based on success rate, and Tagovailoa’s position on the list might be surprising to some.

top-10 red zone QBs in 2021*

1. Tua Tagovailoa
2. Josh Allen
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Lamar Jackson (tie)
4. Tom Brady
6. Ryan Tannehill
7. Jimmy Garoppolo
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Teddy Bridgewater

*based on success rate (EPA>0), min 50 att

With the injuries and inconsistencies in Miami’s offense in 2021, Tagovailoa was pretty successful when they were in close. In the red zone, he had the league’s best completion percentage (65.4%), third-best touchdown percentage (28.8%), second-lowest sack percentage (1.8%) and sixth-best passer rating (101.3).

https://sports.yahoo.com/tua-tagovailoa-ranked-top-qb-213053129.html

and all this without any semblance of a running game or OL protection. ย shhh, they don't want you to know this: ย Tua doesn't suck.

this tape will self destruct in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Tua also has excellent 4th quarter stats, but the media doesn't really care about any of this. Tua sucks and will be replaced next season...that's the narrative and they're sticking to it because it's easy and they don't have to do any work on their own. All the old sports journalist that used to fight, claw and dig to get the facts right must be rolling over in their graves seeing the way these hacks operate today, endlessly recycling each other's fake news stories.

And BTW - seeing Tua's red zone stats highlights just how stupid the coaches were for constantly taking the ball out of Tua's hands in those situations, with wildcat, direct RB snaps and trick plays. No

And - it's interesting to see who is NOT on that top 10 list you posted, merc. I'll just leave it there... Cool

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri May 06, 2022 3:18 pm

And then there is this...

Tua work ethic Screen17

I have not checked the accuracy of this, but Josh looked like rancid turnip juice early on.

Coaching and development MATTERS!

Apparently ToxicTeamKiller Flores is too stupid to understand that.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 06, 2022 7:10 pm

finfanatic wrote:And then there is this...

Tua work ethic Screen17

I have not checked the accuracy of this, but Josh looked like rancid turnip juice early on.

Coaching and development MATTERS!

Apparently ToxicTeamKiller Flores is too stupid to understand that.

But...but...but...big arm...athletic... These stats can't be right! geek jocolor lol! sunny

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat May 07, 2022 9:02 am

That is one reason I was wanting Pederson as HC, and then Daboll, but I think McDaniel MIGHT be even better for Tua.

Despite being shackled by an ultra conservative Gailey, and then the inexperience of the two position coaches ToxicTeamKiller Flores hired because nobody else wanted to come work with a ToxicTeamKiller, Tua has managed to post some good numbers.

I really hope McDaniel and staff will bring at the very least some competency to the Offensive side of the ball.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat May 07, 2022 12:56 pm

finfanatic wrote:That is one reason I was wanting Pederson as HC, and then Daboll, but I think McDaniel MIGHT be even better for Tua.

Despite being shackled by an ultra conservative Gailey, and then the inexperience of the two position coaches ToxicTeamKiller Flores hired because nobody else wanted to come work with a ToxicTeamKiller, Tua has managed to post some good numbers.

I really hope McDaniel and staff will bring at the very least some competency to the Offensive side of the ball.

Yep, Tua is absolutely the reason I wanted Pederson. I was on the fence about Daboll, and I wasn't sure McDaniel was really a serious contender. But once I heard McDaniel was a legit candidate and I did some research, he was the guy I wanted. I can't imagine a better coach to develop Tua at this stage.

One of the key aspects of McDaniel's philosophy that separates him from Pederson and Daboll is that he's going to be dedicated to the run. That's going to be the difference-maker for Tua, because it opens up RPO and playaction and also helps keep the opposing defense off-balance and will create room in the passing game. As long as the OL holds up, this is going to be the most creative and exciting offense we've seen in Miami in decades.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed May 11, 2022 2:41 pm

Everyone else see the Tua underthrow today? That ball had more hang time than Geofferey Epstein

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 11, 2022 3:39 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Everyone else see the Tua underthrow today? That ball had more hang time than Geofferey Epstein

You mean the practice warmup video where it was just Tua (wearing a bucket hat) and Hill on the field? It was simply two teammates having fun in a warmup. Nothing substantive can or should be taken from it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 13, 2022 9:30 am

Tyreek and Waddle both posted tweets shutting down the asinine takes about the Tua throw. Good to see this team standing strong with their QB!!! sunny

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri May 13, 2022 10:27 am

Did you know it's officially Asian/Pacific Islander Month? I guarantee you the far left media does. Which makes them even bigger hypocrites than usual when they bash and trash Tua like this. Far leftists are the worst bigots on the planet. Tua needs to publicly claim racism and point out what I just did. That would put those mediots in their proper place! Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 13, 2022 3:42 pm

SunSentinel Dolphins
@SSMiamiDolphins

#Dolphins QBs coach on #Tua Tagovailoa: ‘There’s not really any throw that he can’t make’

3:38 PM ยท May 13, 2022

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next