The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can the Canes beat Clemson???

Go down

Can the Canes beat Clemson??? Empty Can the Canes beat Clemson???

Post by JMP Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:17 pm

The Canes are sitting at 3-0, ranked #7 and coming off a bye week. Now, they travel to Death Valley for a prime-time matchup with #1 Clemson.

So, do the Canes have a chance?

Clemson made Virginia's weak offense look pretty damn good last week. Miami has a far superior offense with a good (maybe great) QB and playmakers everywhere. So, the potential is there to put up points. And on defense, the Canes have a formidable pass rush and Clemson has an OL that, at times, can be shaky. If they can get to Trevor Lawrence and force him to make a few mistakes, that could change the outcome of the game.

BUT...

Despite all that, my head tells me that the Canes are not ready to beat a team as good and as battle-tested as Clemson. Chances are, it is going to be a blowout. But, maybe...just maybe...the Canes can shock the world!

Can't wait for this one...I am excited to see exactly where the Canes stand - are they contenders or pretenders????

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Can the Canes beat Clemson??? Empty Re: Can the Canes beat Clemson???

Post by JMP Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:30 pm

So, yeah, the answer is, "No, the Canes cannot beat Clemson."

It was an absolute ass-whipping. I blame the Miami coaching staff. The gameplan, particularly on offense, was designed with a "we know we can't win, so why even bother" attitude. On offense it seemed like they didn't want to get first downs, instead running garbage no-yardage plays on first and second downs and then trying to throw low-percentage bombs on third down. Completely nonsensical...constant 3 and outs and they just kept giving the ball back to Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne over and over, without giving their defense a rest. The defense played ultra-conservative and didn't try to attack at all. Yes, they did hit Lawrence a lot - but it was always too little too late.

It sure didn't help that the officials were completely anti-Miami, calling phantom penalties and bullshit targeting penalties all night.

Anyway, it was a disastrous game for Miami and proved that this group is just not ready to hang with the big dogs.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down