The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If They Don't Beat The Texans...

+2
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

If They Don't Beat The Texans... Empty If They Don't Beat The Texans...

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:40 pm

This team will have a worse record after 9 games than they did two years ago, when they had the least talented roster in at least postmerger franchise history and arguably the worst roster since the '76 Bucs.

Think about that for a minute or ten. The Great Reset has resulted in...the Fins being in the exact same place or worse as when it started. Nice one, Grier and Flores!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

If They Don't Beat The Texans... Empty Re: If They Don't Beat The Texans...

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:04 pm

Lose out is the best thing that could happen. The place needs a fumigation. I think it's the only way Ross fires the front office.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:18 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Lose out is the best thing that could happen. The place needs a fumigation. I think it's the only way Ross fires the front office.

Year after year after year I've seen this team get eliminated from playoff contention before November. And year after year after year, those teams have almost always suddenly decided to ruin their draft position by winning. This is going to be the one season they finally tank now that some other team has their first round pick. They're going to have a worse record tanking WITH Tua than they did tanking FOR him!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:37 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Lose out is the best thing that could happen. The place needs a fumigation. I think it's the only way Ross fires the front office.

Year after year after year I've seen this team get eliminated from playoff contention before November. And year after year after year, those teams have almost always suddenly decided to ruin their draft position by winning. This is going to be the one season they finally tank now that some other team has their first round pick. They're going to have a worse record tanking WITH Tua than they did tanking FOR him!

Miami had more draft picks than anyone the last few years. We should be one of those teams on the plus side of winning. We aren't. The players we draft are barely useable. We see it every time we watch a game. What's the owner been watching?

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:51 am

I fully expect a much stronger second half, just like we had in 2019. The Dolphins always seem to close the pasture gate after all the horses have gotten out, crapped all over the yard, and run five miles down the road.

I think we beat the Texans, Jets (maybe twice) and likely one more game that no one would expect us to win, kinda like 2019. 5-12 seems just about right.

Having said that, we can't waste Tua the way we wasted Tannehill by sticking him with morons like Philbin and Gase. It's clear now that he was capable of leading a contender. Is Tua? Not sure just yet, but it's worth giving him every opportunity to show us what he can do with better support next year. If not, well, we are going to have another draft pick bounty in 2023.....

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:51 am

Agree, Hal - I think we pick up a few wins along the way. The team hasn't quit yet, and we are facing some pretty bad teams. We're bad too, of course, but we have a chance since we're not overmatched in these games against the Texans and Jets.

Tua is absolutely being wasted - this staff is ruining him. Just pure incompetence across the board on this offensive coaching staff.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:51 am

The way we played against Buffalo, for the most part, makes me think the roster is maybe not THAT BAD off.  

Coaching for sure killed us, with the exception of the defense who finally seemed to solve the Allen steam roller we have experienced the last 6 matchups with Buffalo. 

I can't imagine we lose to the Texans, not with the way we were in all the games against Raiders, Buffalo, Indy and Jax.  All of them are far better than Houston.
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:03 pm

white1 wrote:The way we played against Buffalo, for the most part, makes me think the roster is maybe not THAT BAD off.  

I tend to agree. I'm not saying we'd be Super Bowl contenders just yet, but I am pretty damn sure we'd be right in the middle of the playoff hunt with this same roster - and a different offensive coaching staff.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:19 pm

I don't study films or plays but watch the games for fun(NOT HAVING ANY BEING A FIN'S FAN). I blame a huge part on coaching and poor OL.
After the C snaps the ball I see the DL barring down on the QB and half the OL miss their blocks and are getting blown past with their hands up lost. The RB don't even seem to fall forward for a yard or 2.
ON D they always will play 1st and 2nd down hard but then of 3rd and long there is a WR or TE 15-20 yards wide open surrounded by 4 or 5 players. WTF?

This is really a pathetic team and for us to lose a top 1st rounder for Grier's underthinking last draft is inexcusable.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:43 pm

Well said, JEG.

This offense is run like a bad Pee Wee League team. And yes, on defense it's like they just stop playing on 3rd down.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:26 pm

JEGnj wrote:I don't study films or plays but watch the games for fun(NOT HAVING ANY BEING A FIN'S FAN). I blame a huge part on coaching and poor OL.
After the C snaps the ball I see the DL barring down on the QB and half the OL miss their blocks and are getting blown past with their hands up lost. The RB don't even seem to fall forward for a yard or 2.
ON D they always will play 1st and 2nd down hard but then of 3rd and long there is a WR or TE 15-20 yards wide open surrounded by 4 or 5 players. WTF?

This is really a pathetic team and for us to lose a top 1st rounder for Grier's underthinking last draft is inexcusable.

HA!!! PREACH IT, MY BRUTHA FROM ANOTHA MUTHA!!! JEGNJ OUT HERE TELLIN' IT LIKE IT IS!!! cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down