The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: It's TUA Time!

+6
DolFan 316
JEGnj
CarsonChris
Degarmo
JMP
white1
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS:  It's TUA Time!  Empty BREAKING NEWS: It's TUA Time!

Post by white1 Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Oh man I'm feeling a lot of mixed emotions.

One thought: Flores has a set of brass balls. They just get to .500 one game back from the Bills, stick with veteran? Nope - put in the rookie.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30154407/source-miami-dolphins-naming-tua-tagovailoa-starting-quarterback
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS:  It's TUA Time!  Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: It's TUA Time!

Post by JMP Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:11 pm

TUA TIME!!!!! YES!!!!

Mark this date down, because it is the beginning of the Dolphin Dynasty!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:13 pm

I wish I didn't have to work today...I don't know what to do with myself....I'm fired UP!!!

Can't wait to see this kid transform the offense. It may not happen overnight, but it's coming. The rest of the NFL is now on notice...IT'S FUCKING TUA TIME!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:03 pm

I don't know if you all saw the picture of Tua after the game this week, but he went back out to the field in full gear and sat down on the 15 yard line and took it all in. That made me a huge fan of his right at that moment. I'll be damned if I'm not gonna root for a kid that gives a shit, with so many of these guys in the NFL just collecting a check for showing up.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:05 pm

I think I'd describe my feeling as "terror"?

I love the kid and want so bad for him to be the man. Probably my long term mental scarring from being a fan of this team, I have this fear he either will get hurt or won't pan out - and once again we are the laughing stock with Herbert and Burrow both playing well.

Oh well, have to push that aside. GO TUA!!!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:14 pm

This from the Sun Sentinel:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-tua-dolphins-20201020-pr7ew6cshbhqbe3ab2ntxuq5xi-story.html

But make no mistake: There’s been a difference in practice between Tua’s throws compared to the 37-year-old Fitzpatrick’s throws. "It’s obvious,'' one team official said. It should be, too. That’s why Tua was the hot draft pick at No. 5. So the issue always was the best way to get to Tua’s talents quickest.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:33 pm

I didn’t expect this that’s for sure

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:35 pm

I hope this kid lives up to the billing.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:04 pm

What's interesting to me is that this appears to be a move made for both this season and the future. Watching all the plays that Fitz left on the field, especially in the last few games, I have to think that Tua gives us a better chance to hit those big plays that lead to TDs and not FGs. That will help us in the playoff hunt this year, and of course also give Tua experience that will benefit him beyond this season.

I love the timing - 2 weeks to prep and re-shape the offense. Gailey has some work to do!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:12 pm

The small crowd seemed to erupt when Tua came in. Miami Fan's have been suffering for 2 decades and almost 50 since a title.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:47 pm

Some notes from Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald...

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article246578553.html#storylink=cpy

How diligent has Tagovailoa been in preparing for this day?

Tagovailoa has been consulting not only with the offensive staff and personnel, but defensive players, too.

“He actually comes around and asks the defensive guys how he can get better,” linebacker Jerome Baker said recently. “Even in his first few weeks, he was coming into the defensive rooms and asking us how to see this or how to do that.”

Baker advised him to attempt any throw he thinks he can make because “if it’s going to help you, it’s going to help us. Just do whatever you can to get better. In practice, that’s your time to really [experiment], just try to do things that you normally wouldn’t do. He’s a smart guy.”

Tagovailoa will need to contend with Rams All-Pro defensive lineman Aaron Donald in his first NFL start. Donald’s advice to him?

“Hold the ball,” Donald cracked Tuesday to SI.com, laughing. “Don’t do too much running. Take them sacks.”

Though Dolphins players were surprised by the timing — the team had not been told of the quarterback change when the news leaked — reaction conveyed Tuesday by a few Dolphins players was positive, despite the affection and high regard internally for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Two players said Tagovailoa has looked good in practice, and one expressed excitement about the transition. One conveyed that Tagovailoa has a cannon for an arm, and it will be interesting to see if the vertical passing game becomes a bigger component of Miami’s attack.

Teammates like Tagovailoa and his infectious personality; they were impressed when he reached out to many of them after the draft to introduce himself.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:48 pm

Meh. It's something I guess but I still can't get excited enough to watch or care about this joke of a season. It would be different if the virus and BLM didn't exist but they do, so...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:52 pm

Degarmo wrote:I don't know if you all saw the picture of Tua after the game this week, but he went back out to the field in full gear and sat down on the 15 yard line and took it all in.  That made me a huge fan of his right at that moment.  I'll be damned if I'm not gonna root for a kid that gives a shit, with so many of these guys in the NFL just collecting a check for showing up.

That picture was just plain awesome. He was facetiming with his parents.

This means something to Tua. All the hard work and dedication he put in his entire life - and in particular this last year - is finally paying off. He understands the moment, he's prepared for it and he will not take it for granted.

Tua is the right man at the right time on the right team. We're on our way to something special - enjoy the ride...we've earned it!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:05 pm

I think that he should have stuck with Fitz

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:10 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Meh. It's something I guess but I still can't get excited enough to watch or care about this joke of a season. It would be different if the virus and BLM didn't exist but they do, so...

I know how you feel. All I can hope 4 is a Trump victory.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:11 pm

Hopefully Gailey implements at least some RPO in the offense.  Tua is deadly on the RPOs.  Breida would fit well as the back on those plays, with his speed.

Tua's best traits are accuracy and decision-making.  He's going to hit receivers in stride, and yards after catch is going to be big.  Most of Fitz's passes were jump balls and the receivers had no chance for YAC.  Again, it may not happen overnight, but Gailey can now really open up the playbook and get creative.  This offense should be much, much more dynamic moving forward.

Last edited by JMP on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:28 am

after all, this is the reason why the Phins traded away players, amassed draft picks and sacrificed last season..so Tua could be drafted.

let the Tua era begin.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:41 am

Just read on Twitter (sorry no link): Trevor Lawrence has engaged the services of an NFL advisor. The advisor is recommending that he stay at Clemson if the Jets own the #1 overall pick.

LOL!!!!!!

Classic Jets - they are so bad they are nearly a lock to get the top pick, but also so bad that college QBs are going to actually tell them no. At least Miami can tank right - it takes finesse HAHA!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:53 am

white1 wrote:Just read on Twitter (sorry no link): Trevor Lawrence has engaged the services of an NFL advisor.  The advisor is recommending that he stay at Clemson if the Jets own the #1 overall pick.

LOL!!!!!!

Classic Jets - they are so bad they are nearly a lock to get the top pick, but also so bad that college QBs are going to actually tell them no.  At least Miami can tank right - it takes finesse HAHA!

Laughing Laughing Laughing That is pure awesome. And for Lawrence's career, it makes perfect sense. He doesn't need to jump into that dumpster fire.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:26 am

The funny part is what would the Jets actually do were that to happen? They have a couple options:

1. Settle for Fields from Ohio State. Not a bad fallback plan, assuming he doesn't follow suit when he sees Lawrence declare he's returning to Clemson.

2. Take the BPA at another position if Fields stays in school also. Then they could draft a QB with the first pick in the second round, and settle for a lesser prospect.

What I think they CAN'T do is tank again to try and get the top pick in 2022 also. They will have a new coach next year, in year 2 of the GM's tenure. They can't intentionally lose two years in a row, the new coach will want to be a winner.

All in all, if Lawrence does execute on his plan and the Jets hold the top pick - it puts a big wrench in their plans...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:16 am

If I were the Jets, if Lawrence stays at Clemson I'd let the new coach ride with Darnold for one more year. Draft a QB at some point, but without Lawrence I wouldn't take another QB high. I don't like Fields at all as an NFL prospect.

Really, the Jets should go BPA at every draft spot - they need a big influx of talent literally EVERYWHERE.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:33 pm

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:32 pm

So apparently the Tua starting news was leaked to the media by someone in the organization, so Tua, Fitz and the rest of the players first heard through social media. Fitz did not take the news well...said he was "shocked". The way this whole situation played out really sucks, but once he processes it I am sure Fitz will be cool and go back to being a leader on this team. It's really unfortunate that Flores didn't have a chance to tell the team first.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:13 pm

I personally dont see anything wrong with this move. Timing or anything else otherwise.

The fact of the matter is that Flores is the coach! He was entrusted with the tough decisions. Although it may not be the most favorable thing to do. Its his decision. In fairness, dumping a lot of salaries and players weren't always a crowd pleaser last year but this is where we are at. We are in this position because of some very unpopular decisions.

While I think it's too early to tell about what this move means. You have to be able to trust that this is what he needed to do to get better as a whole. Secondly, It was made clear to Fitz from day one that he was only holding a spot for the future QB. No one ever told him he was the future. Has he played good? Yes for 3 games. Has he played bad? Yes for 2 1/2 games. We have improved over last years record but I think what is being overlooked is...have we improved the QB play? I think with Tua, we have another dimension. That will bolster the running game and make it difficult for teams to tee up on the RB. Tua's ball skills are much better than Fitz.

Just my thinking
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:31 pm

BREAKING NEWS:  It's TUA Time!  Ek3suu10

This is Fitz contract information. Basically what happens is if Fitz plays the next game he would get $1 million if he doesn't play he doesn't get it. so basically it was a GM move more than a Flores move

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next