The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The playoffs start NOW for the Phins!

+3
white1
HalCHorn
JMP
7 posters

Go down

The playoffs start NOW for the Phins! Empty The playoffs start NOW for the Phins!

Post by JMP Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:05 am

The Ravens winning last night (what a game!) means that we may have to win out to make the playoffs. 10 wins may not be enough, because there's a good chance the Ravens get to 11 wins looking at their schedule. We'd have the tiebreaker with them because of conference record, but we cannot afford another loss.

So basically, the playoffs start Sunday for the Phins. Win or go home. Buckle up...it's gonna be a helluva ride!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The playoffs start NOW for the Phins! Empty Re: The playoffs start NOW for the Phins!

Post by JMP Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:16 am

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

The playoffs start NOW for the Phins! Empty Re: The playoffs start NOW for the Phins!

Post by HalCHorn Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:50 am

Winning out might give us the division. Cleveland and Baltimore both have easy schedules the rest of the way and Indy looks to have 11 wins with both the Jags and Texans at home.

Would love to get in, just to get Tua the playoff experience, but right now just concerned about putting another nail in the Patriots' coffin Sunday. Smile

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:48 am

A victory over the Pats would be totally satisfying.

It's going to be an interesting game.  They are leaning hard on the run because their passing game is in shambles.  Defending the run has not been our strength.  We have had some good tackles for loss and run stuffs but they come in bursts, and are typically punctuated by giving up chunk yards especially to the better backs.  

One encouraging thing we did bottle up Edwards-Helaire this past week.  

On offense, oh boy.  Belichek knows how to get inside a young QBs head.

It's going to be a good, tough game and I'm hoping our team will make us proud.  Go Phins!!!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:57 pm

Belichek's days of domination are over. I have no doubt in my mind that Flores is taking it day by day and preparing like any other team. Which he has done an outstanding job at.

I think our season was defined by the Chiefs game. Some mental lapses in judgement in crucial parts of the game were detriment in getting the victory. But, the signs are there to make a big push to end the season.

Tua is our franchise QB. Watching that 3rd Qtr, reminded me of the NCAA Championship game when he got sacked the play prior to throwing the Walk off. He took the sack and I remember the announcers saying how he should have thrown the ball away and inexperienced freshman this and that blah blah blah. Then on the next play he makes a text book read of Cover 2, holds the safety, and then turns his head to Smith down the sideline. Moxie is all I can gather for the moment.

When he took the sack for a safety, I was hot. But again, he showed some Moxie! Down 30-10. He drove the ball down with intent. With a depleted WR room. With a ST Teamer at running back. With 2 or 3 TE's in the empty set. A rookie against the defending Super Bowl Champions. Showed us some Guts and Intestinal fortitude. He's got what it takes.

Will we make the playoffs? I most certainly think we can, I think we are going to be that thorn in Buffalo's side like we have been against Pats to close out the last couple of seasons. But we are going to need some help.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:49 pm

This is going to be a really difficult game against the Patriots. I'm more worried about our run defense than I am our offense - because if we can't stop the run, they will just continue to pound the ball all day and we'll have no chance.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:51 pm

Injury updates from today...

https://phinphanatic.com/2020/12/16/miami-dolphins-getting-healthy-three-still-practice/

DeVante Parker and Jakeem Grant were limited but participating in practice. Kyle Van Noy and Elandon Roberts were off the Covid list and back at practice as was Matt Breida. While Myles Gaskin is still on the list, Salvon Ahmed was back at practice after his shoulder injury.

Missing were Bobby McCain and Mike Gesicki. The news on Gesicki is still not known but he won’t play on Sunday. If he does, it would be a huge surprise.

While there are no guarantees that any of the players will play on Sunday, specifically the players that were injured, it is a good sign that they are back on the field.

Man, losing Gesicki is HUGE. I hope he can be back for the Raiders - we desperately need him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:18 am

Got some help from the Chargers last night beating the Raiders, although Justin Herbert and the San Diego defense did their best to lose the game. So that's one less team to worry about, although we still need to beat them ourselves.

That Raiders' defense was horrific last night - no pressure and no coverage. I sure hope they play like that against us!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Gesicki, Parker and Grant all got in some limited work this week. Let's hope at least Gesicki and Parker can suit up - we need all hands on deck!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:40 pm

[quote="JMP"]Gesicki, Parker and Grant all got in some limited work this week.  Let's hope at least Gesicki and Parker can suit up - we need all hands on deck!!![/quote]

We sure do! Gesicki I'm a little hesitant about. While he is on the mend, I just do not want to see a minor injury become major because he should have erred on the side of caution. I see Gesicki getting a huge role next season and beyond. Maybe even this season if we can close out strong.

Grant and Parker I just don't really care. One gets on the field but cant catch, the other cant catch cuz he cant stay on the field. I can see one or both being traded. I think Miami uses the cap space to sign one big name free agent and 1 pick in the first round to replace these two. Would love to see JuJu or OBJ here next year with either Rondale Moore or Devonta Smith.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:32 pm

Let’s go Miami! This game is Miami’s season. I’d like the Dolphins to win by 40 if possible. I can’t emphasize how much this game means to the fan base after so many years of nothingness!

I hope the team has a game plan that helps Tua be his best. I feel like the constant forcing of a non existent run game hinders Tua and the team. I’d say use the running game differently, draws. Do it when the Pats don’t expect it. Tua still looks like a rookie with spells of bad plays but he has improved.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:16 pm

First round victory cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:52 pm

Ha! Awesome!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Possibly the worst video quality ever on YouTube.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:48 pm

Oh man that's a classic!! cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:59 pm

JMP wrote:Oh man that's a classic!!  cheers cheers

It took me a while after starting the video to remember this song Laughing It's quintessential '80s all right. Too bad this was released in '90 which was a bad time for bands who still had that kind of sound.

Also, you'd be surprised at how many YT videos have even worse quality than this.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:58 am

We're almost there! With the way everything played out over the weekend, we can get to the playoffs if:

We beat the Bills OR
Ravens lose to the Bengals OR
Browns lose to the Steelers OR
Colts lose to the Jags

So that gives us 4 ways to get in. Obviously, the most likely scenario is the Steelers winning. At least we have a chance!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:39 pm

Buffalo media are supposedly saying that the Bills will rest their starters. Allen may play a few series to try to set some team passing record, and then Davis Webb would come in at QB. No Diggs, Beasley, White, Poyer, etc. Nothing confirmed, of course, but VERY interesting if true...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down