The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playoffs

+3
white1
JMP
CarsonChris
7 posters

Go down

Playoffs  Empty Playoffs

Post by CarsonChris Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:01 am

Win or lose today I'm not sure I want to see this version of Miami in the playoffs. 8-3 Miami looked like a playoff team. 8-8 Miami looks like an old dog that's been beat.

Hard to get swag back after these last five games!

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Playoffs  Empty Re: Playoffs

Post by JMP Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:13 am

Completely disagree. The goal is always to make the playoffs. Once you're in, it's a new season and anything can happen.

The last 5 weeks are now meaningless. All that matters is today. Play well and get the W, and if/when we get in we live to fight another day. That's what it's all about.

GO PHINS!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:35 am

I want to see us get in. Even when the offense is playing poorly, they can strike deep at anytime with Waddle and Hill. That means anything can happen if we keep an opponent close enough.

Let's win and get in! Go Fins!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:25 pm

Another poorly coached and sloppy game.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:22 pm

Does this team knows they are playing for a spot in the playoffs?
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:15 pm

Miami has NO QB, rookie crap coach, inaccurate K. NO OL. NO Secondary, a dozen injuries and going to get their asses handed to them next week BUT WE ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS.
JEGnj
JEGnj

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:26 pm

Well of COURSE they finally decide to win the moment I decided to stop caring forever.

Seriously, I had decided to just walk away from the Fins and the NFL for good.

Getting in is better than losing the last 6 and the Pats getting in so there's that. Problem is, I'm now so deep into "not feeling a damn thing" mode that it'll take all week to get into happy mode and by then there won't be any point.

We'll see how serious the NFL is about at least maintaining a pretense of competition in 2-3 days. They'll either clear Tua by then or refuse to. Maybe, just maybe, they'll still be *just* concerned enough about TV ratings to realize that without Tua nobody aside from Bills fans will bother watching what's sure to be at least a 40-point slaughter.

Also, we're seeing firsthand just how stupid and pointless expanding the schedule to 17 games was. It's the NFL in January!!! Teams battling it out to see whose 3rd stringers are better!!! You know you wanna watch THAT sweet action!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:40 pm

BTW it took the Fins being down to the 3rd string rookie QB not named Brock Purdy in order for McDaniel to finally do the obvious "a five year old could figure it out" strategy of running the ball at least 30 times. The Browns game is the only other one all season with 30-plus rushing attempts.

https://stathead.com/tiny/z7oVJ

So now we know. McDaniel will run it when 1.) the Fins have a bye coming up and 2.) when he's down to his third QB.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:45 pm

JMP wrote:Completely disagree. The goal is always to make the playoffs.  Once you're in, it's a new season and anything can happen.

The last 5 weeks are now meaningless.  All that matters is today. Play well and get the W, and if/when we get in we live to fight another day. That's what it's all about.

GO PHINS!!

Maybe I'm just showing my age, but I don't recall you having this attitude in '08 or '16 scratch Just sayin'.

I suppose not wanting to see the double whammy of this team losing its last six (which it would never ever live down) and the Pats getting in would be strong enough to make the playoffs appealing under *any* circumstances, eh? Razz

11-6 is pretty much what I would've expected either way though. At least Skylar finally got a TD to his name last week.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:08 pm

2016 was a different story. That was a terrible team that won some games by luck. I had zero interest in that team. The Gase era was my low point as a fan...nothing but apathy.

But, despite the way the season ended, I love this current team and I want to see them get as far as they can.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:14 pm

JMP wrote:2016 was a different story.  That was a terrible team that won some games by luck.  I had zero interest in that team.  The Gase era was my low point as a fan...nothing but apathy.

But, despite the way the season ended, I love this current team and I want to see them get as far as they can.  

I say this with complete unconditional love: Jmp, you are one strange, weird dude. scratch Laughing Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:01 pm

But seriously, IMO there has never ever in all of NFL history been a team going into a playoff game with less of a chance to win than this one. Only a masochist would even bother watching, and even then only halfway through the first quarter.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:27 pm

I am jacked up for the playoff game. I can't wait to get another crack at the Bills. If Tua is back I like our chances, slim as they may be on paper. We probably won't know his status till later in the week.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:30 pm

JMP wrote:I am jacked up for the playoff game.  I can't wait to get another crack at the Bills.  If Tua is back I like our chances, slim as they may be on paper.  We probably won't know his status till later in the week.

What was your state of mind going into the '95 team's playoff game in Buffalo? Asking for a friend. Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:35 pm

1995? Who the hell knows what I was thinking back then??? I assume I was confident, but I have no idea. Not really concerned about my state of mind almost 30 years ago! LOL

As for today, I'm just excited to watch DOLPHINS PLAYOFF FOOTBALL!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:41 pm

JMP wrote:1995?  Who the hell knows what I was thinking back then???  I assume I was confident, but I have no idea.  Not really concerned about my state of mind almost 30 years ago!  LOL

Nice dodge. Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:46 pm

I’m just happy I get to see a Dolphins playoff game. I’m mentally prepared for whatever the result may be…provided it’s not a ‘99 (actually January 2000) 62-7 thumping. Not sure I could handle another one of those.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:14 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:1995?  Who the hell knows what I was thinking back then???  I assume I was confident, but I have no idea.  Not really concerned about my state of mind almost 30 years ago!  LOL

Nice dodge. Seriously.

What am I dodging? I legitimately have no idea how I felt about anything in 1995, let alone the playoff game. If you have the answer, let me know. Like I said, I assume I was confident heading into the game, but I honestly have no idea.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:49 am

I do remember thinking there was little chance in 1995 after we had failed in Buffalo two weeks earlier. This year felt a lot like 1995, only with younger players, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I just want to see this team compete hard like they did the first two times against the Bills. That's all I ask for really. Let's take some momentum into next season, which really will be make or break for this regime from the GM on down.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:50 am

And I never should have doubted that everything would line up for the Fins on Larry Storch Centennial Day. Too bad the playoffs didn't start this weekend instead of next. Smile

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:54 am

HalCHorn wrote:I do remember thinking there was little chance in 1995 after we had failed in Buffalo two weeks earlier.  This year felt a lot like 1995, only with younger players, so I'm not getting my hopes up.  I just want to see this team compete hard like they did the first two times against the Bills.  That's all I ask for really.  Let's take some momentum into next season, which really will be make or break for this regime from the GM on down.

Agreed. Actually winning is out of the question, so the absolute best we can hope for is for this team to somehow put up enough of a fight to force the officials to step in and openly screw them, thus further reinforcing in people's minds how rigged NFL games have become and taking the shine of the Bills for needing outside help to beat a team with a third string QB.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down