The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins lose DL coach Marion Hobby

4 posters

Go down

Phins lose DL coach Marion Hobby Empty Phins lose DL coach Marion Hobby

Post by JMP Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:57 pm

Hobby and Phins mutually agreed to part ways. Rumor has it that Hobby is taking a coordinator job in college.

He's a good coach. This could be a tough spot to fill.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phins lose DL coach Marion Hobby Empty Re: Phins lose DL coach Marion Hobby

Post by white1 Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:32 am

Agree. It really seems to be a good staff with a lot of depth.

For example, I did not realize Godfrey (?) has two years experience as an OC. Also, our RB coach is highly regarded (could explain Ahmed and Gaskin playing above their skill level, while still demonstrating their ceiling as athletes).

I would not be at all surprised if we promote from within to replace Gailey. However, I'd also be excited to bring in a veteran coach like Anthony Lynn, OBrien or Mohrningweg.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:50 pm

There does seem to be a lot of churn going on with Flores coaching staff....at least thru two seasons.

Everyone complained about Gailey, but how many of us would have said we would be happy with 10-6 at the start of the 2021 season? I know I would have. I was expecting 6-10 or 8-8.

It was only the success the team had that created the higher expectations.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:29 pm

I think this is about normal in the NFL now. No one knows what's going to happen in the first few seasons with a new Head Coach, so if there's any success, some guys GTFO for what they consider to be greener pastures. Some are just fired because they're not as good as what a successful coach can get in the league.

Now that Flores is a somewhat proven commodity in the NFL community, he'll attract better guys to work with him on the coaching staff. Also though, those that did well in these first couple years will be coveted elsewhere.

I think this should work out just fine. Flores is a guy people want to work for, and that's the biggest hurdle. Ross is proving he's not a cheapskate and does seem to actually care now about the team (now that his contract with Goodell is out of the way Wink ), and that's a huge plus. The league seems to believe that the Dolphins are a team that is for real now as far as culture change goes, and that's the third huge plus.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down