The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Just Want To Thank The Chiefs...

+5
white1
finfanatic
mercury22nathan
JMP
DolFan 316
9 posters

Go down

I Just Want To Thank The Chiefs... Empty I Just Want To Thank The Chiefs...

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:51 pm

For sparing us all the disgusting, revolting, and downright nauseating spectacle of watching a Bills-Brady Super Bowl. Maybe it is still possible for the good guys to win here and there after all.

I know I can't be the only one who wasn't ready for the Bills to start going back to the Super Bowl every season, amirite?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

I Just Want To Thank The Chiefs... Empty Re: I Just Want To Thank The Chiefs...

Post by JMP Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:04 am

Oh, I was a huge Chiefs fan yesterday - no doubt about it.

The bloom sure has fallen off the Josh Allen rose, hasn't it? He managed just 10 points against the Ravens last week, and then looked like crap most of the day yesterday - displaying the terrible inaccuracy that the "experts" said was no longer a problem. Amazing how average Allen looks when the opposing team can keep Diggs in control.

To sum it up, FUCK THE BILLS!!!! Twisted Evil

And fuck Brady too - GO CHIEFS!!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:45 am

BTW - Josh Allen needs to work on getting rid of the ball quicker when no one is open. He took some absurd 10+ yard sacks yesterday...gotta throw the ball away instead of running backwards.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:20 am

JMP wrote:Amazing how average Allen looks when the opposing team can keep Diggs in control.

yes, how come Miami's billion dollar defensive backfield got shredded? what did the Chiefs do that the Phins couldn't? actually, i know the answer. KC brought a pass rush that did not allow Allen a clean pocket and a creative offense that kept the pressure on the Bills to keep scoring points (making them one dimensional).

i'm hoping the KC magic last at least one ore game as i can't stand to see Brady gloating with another trophy.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:59 am

I think Merc nailed. Pass Rush and all of the dumpoffs were instantly contested. No dump to the RB who then ran for ten yards before he encountered a defender.

One chief defender was all that was needed to make a tackle too.

How many times did a Miami Defender MISS the tackle? Way too many!!!

Yep, the Bills beat Miami like a rented mule, and then the Colts, Ravens, and Chiefs showed just how bad the Phins are compared to the Bills.

Despite the record this year, I am starting to think the Phins have a long, Long, LONG way to go to be Super Bowl competitors.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:58 pm

All good points, but I will say - Miami played KC much better than the Bills did yesterday.

A lot of the game is matchups. Clearly for some reason we "match up" better against KC than we do the current Bills team. The Chiefs match against Buff much better than they do against us.

It's a strange, interesting game.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:25 pm

Miami came a long way this year. We need more talent to close the gap, but...here we are with 3 of the top 36 picks and # 3 overall.

Allen made a big leap this year, and he and Jackson are both only 24. Tua could certainly make big strides with a full off-season. We have quite a ways to go, but I'm encouraged about our chances going forward all in all.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:18 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:Amazing how average Allen looks when the opposing team can keep Diggs in control.

yes, how come Miami's billion dollar defensive backfield got shredded?  what did the Chiefs do that the Phins couldn't?  actually, i know the answer.  KC brought a pass rush that did not allow Allen a clean pocket and a creative offense that kept the pressure on the Bills to keep scoring points (making them one dimensional).

Yep - pass rush. They made Allen uncomfortable all day. His throws were very off-target and a lot of that is he just didn't have time to set. But also, the Chiefs' defense was able to, somehow, lockdown Diggs. He wasn't running wide open all over the field like he was against us and the majority of their opponents. And the Bills have no running game whatsoever, so if you can pressure Allen and blanket Diggs - it's game over.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:25 pm

finfanatic wrote:

Despite the record this year, I am starting to think the Phins have a long, Long, LONG way to go to be Super Bowl competitors.

It's interesting...I don't think we are that far.

Really, with an improved group of receivers and a running game, and a more consistent pass rush, I think we are absolutely in the mix. And improvements in those areas can all happen this offseason.

Let's face it, the Chiefs are the cream of the AFC crop and there's a big dropoff after them. The Bills' D is suspect and they have an offense fueled largely by one player (Diggs). Baltimore can't play from behind. Pittsburgh is a Big Ben injury/retirement away from being almost irrelevant. The Colts have no QB right now. There's no reason to believe we can't get in that group next season...hell, we were almost there this season.

Now, playoff contender to Super Bowl contender is a BIG jump. But again, I don't think we are that far...especially if Tua is the real deal.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:50 pm

I will admit that was a little torn yesterday. Obviously I don't want the Bills to win but I know a bajillion Chief fans and while I have no real issues with the Chiefs, I'm not sure I can handle another year of the Chiefs being champs. Alright it's still better than the Bills winning it all and God forbid Brady win it again with a new team. So it's Go Chiefs yet again.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:45 pm

JMP wrote:BTW - Josh Allen needs to work on getting rid of the ball quicker when no one is open.  He took some absurd 10+ yard sacks yesterday...gotta throw the ball away instead of running backwards.

I know a Youtuber who does the same thing even after playing Madden for years. When pressure comes up the middle he literally runs straight backwards until he's sacked.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:47 pm

Killah Sith wrote:I will admit that was a little torn yesterday.  Obviously I don't want the Bills to win but I know a bajillion Chief fans and while I have no real issues with the Chiefs, I'm not sure I can handle another year of the Chiefs being champs.  Alright it's still better than the Bills winning it all and God forbid Brady win it again with a new team.  So it's Go Chiefs yet again.

The '91 game at Arrowhead still stings I see Razz I must admit, I still have lingering PTSD about that Sammie Smith handoff from the Chiefs' one that somehow resulted in a TD for THEM Shocked affraid

But when I think about it, the Chiefs are the most rootable AFC team now. I just can't bring myself to like anybody from the AFC North even a little, I can't root for the Titans for obvious reasons and the other AFC South teams are just meh, the Chargers are the NFL's answer to Charlie Brown, and the Broncos and Raiders are out because of horse-faced Elway and the Sea Of Hands.

If anybody's going to be the next dynasty other than this team, I'd prefer it to be the one coached by Andy Reid. Even Mahomes seems far more likeable than Brady ever was or will be.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:48 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:

yes, how come Miami's billion dollar defensive backfield got shredded?  what did the Chiefs do that the Phins couldn't?  actually, i know the answer.  KC brought a pass rush that did not allow Allen a clean pocket and a creative offense that kept the pressure on the Bills to keep scoring points (making them one dimensional).

i'm hoping the KC magic last at least one ore game as i can't stand to see Brady gloating with another trophy.

This is why I'm all in on procuring a pass rush this offseason.

And yes, Tom Brady can go pound sand as well.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:49 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Killah Sith wrote:I will admit that was a little torn yesterday.  Obviously I don't want the Bills to win but I know a bajillion Chief fans and while I have no real issues with the Chiefs, I'm not sure I can handle another year of the Chiefs being champs.  Alright it's still better than the Bills winning it all and God forbid Brady win it again with a new team.  So it's Go Chiefs yet again.

The '91 game at Arrowhead still stings I see Razz I must admit, I still have lingering PTSD about that Sammie Smith handoff from the Chiefs' one that somehow resulted in a TD for THEM Shocked affraid

I remember that like it was yesterday, the Smith fumble in Arrowhead that is.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:53 pm

Degarmo wrote:I remember that like it was yesterday, the Smith fumble in Arrowhead that is.

That was the first time in my life I'd ever seen a team run a play from the opponents' one with a TD being scored by the opponent. And poor Killah was there in person Crying or Very sad Still one of my all-time most demoralizing plays to this day. When Smith did the exact same thing again the next week (that directly resulted in a loss) it was almost anticlimactic.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:56 pm

white1 wrote:All good points, but I will say - Miami played KC much better than the Bills did yesterday.

A lot of the game is matchups.  Clearly for some reason we "match up" better against KC than we do the current Bills team.  The Chiefs match against Buff much better than they do against us.

It's a strange, interesting game.

When they faced off during the regular season the Chiefs outgained Barfalo by 260 yards Shocked with each team having just one turnover apiece. It's a literal miracle the Bills only lost by 9. So...yeah.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202010190buf.htm

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:56 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:I remember that like it was yesterday, the Smith fumble in Arrowhead that is.

That was the first time in my life I'd ever seen a team run a play from the opponents' one with a TD being scored by the opponent. And poor Killah was there in person  Crying or Very sad Still one of my all-time most demoralizing plays to this day. When Smith did the exact same thing again the next week (that directly resulted in a loss) it was almost anticlimactic.

There is only one other play as demoralizing that I saw in person, and I have mentioned it before.  I shall only say the name.  Steve Emtman.

EDIT: I lied, Von Schamann missing the last two field goals in the playoff game were gutting.

No, also, add the Stoyo miss in San Diego.

Oh good, now a flood of terrible memories are jumping on me like Doug Flutie on top of Gerard Phelan the end zone of the Orange Bowl.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:59 pm

Degarmo wrote:There is only one other play as demoralizing that I saw in person, and I have mentioned it before.  I shall only say the name.  Steve Emtman.

And that play would be one of the other ones. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be vomiting up dinner. For weight-loss purposes of course.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:01 pm

BTW this is why I am the Potentate Of Pessimism and everyone else is a mere pretender to the throne. Who else would have the ability to turn HIS OWN POSITIVE THREAD into a nightmare recollection of bad plays in Fins history? Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:36 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:BTW this is why I am the Potentate Of Pessimism and everyone else is a mere pretender to the throne. Who else would have the ability to turn HIS OWN POSITIVE THREAD into a nightmare recollection of bad plays in Fins history? Cool

I'll have you remember my reputation at FinNation for being a real negative nelly Razz

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:25 pm

The potentate of pessimism rubbed off on me. I don't view everything Miami does with aqua colored glasses anymore.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down