The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins versus Chiefs predictions

+5
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
white1
JMP
mercury22nathan
9 posters

Go down

Dolphins versus Chiefs predictions Empty Dolphins versus Chiefs predictions

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:33 am

this will be Phins D's biggest test. realistically, the playoff measuring stick starts with this game. the good news, the Phins can still make the playoffs while losing this game. but this home game shows where Miami stands. get blown out and it'll really show just how far off the Phins are. win, the unthinkable, and the league will take notice. but, a close loss...

Miami - 23
Kansas City - 27

...says their is a glimmer of hope...or at least is an indication that Miami is on the right track.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Dolphins versus Chiefs predictions Empty Re: Dolphins versus Chiefs predictions

Post by JMP Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:11 am

This game is going to put the entire world on notice: THE DOLPHINS ARE FOR REAL!

Mahomes will do his thing, but just like last week against Denver he will struggle. Hill will probably light us up for a couple TDs, but Rowe will shut down Kelce.

Tua will carve up a suspect KC defense with surgical precision. Tua has always been a Big Game Hunter, and this is a big game - he will show up and dominate. Look for a big day from Gaskin, Bowden and the TEs.

It will be a back-and forth dogfight. Chiefs take a 24-17 lead late in the 4th. But Tua guides a masterful 2-minute drive at the end to send the game to OT.

Phins get the ball first in OT. On the very first play, Tua launches a deep bomb to Grant - just as he did against the Bengals. This time, Grant catches the perfect pass and takes it all the way to the house. PHINS WIN 30-24!!! And the rest of the league is served notice. Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:39 am

damn JMP, now that's a prediction!!! i hope you are right.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:41 pm

I hope he's right too. Although I'd probably be dead from a heart attack.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:09 pm

Jmp out here trying to replicate his famous Fins over Bears 0-6 call Shocked Shocked Shocked

It's a bit early for Christmas, but I'd take another Fins OT win over KC just the same cheers cheers cheers

KC's going to lose to *someone* down the stretch, even the Belichick-Brady Pats never finished 15-1.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:27 pm

No one seems to be talking about this, but take a look at the Chiefs' last 4 games:
--Beat Panthers 33-31
--Beat Raiders 35-31
--Beat Bucs 27-24
--Beat Broncos 22-16

Yes, those are all wins, and in 2 of those games they put up 30+ points. But those were 4 narrow victories against teams that do not have a defense like Miami's.

And, BTW, the Chiefs put up 26 points against New England...obviously a similar defense to ours. No reason why we can't hold them to that amount or less. And if that happens, we can win.

So, despite all the praise they get (deservedly so), the Chiefs have not exactly been a dominant team over the last month or so. I think this is a prime position for the Phins, at home, to pull off an upset. The Chiefs are not invincible.

Two keys for me:
1. Gailey needs to go up-tempo...that's where Tua looks the most comfortable.
2. Rowe MUST hold Kelce in check. Like I said, Hill will do some damage...but if it's just Hill, we can survive it. But if Hill AND Kelce are having huge games, we're dead.

This is a statement game, and I trust Coach Flo to have this team ready to battle.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:48 am

More fuel for the fire I'm trying to start:

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-history-lesson-on-facing-a-team-with-a-gaudy-record

The Phins have faced a team with a record of 11-1 or better 4 different times in their history. The Dolphins are 3-1 in those games. The 3 wins all came in Miami. The 1 loss came on the road (against the Pats) in 2007, when we were 1-13 at the time.

Read the article for details on each of the wins - and get ready to see that record improve to 4-1! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:15 pm

Miami 24-21 in a lopsided victory with a garbage time TD by KC. Defensive dominance start to finish. Xavien Howard sets up Miami twice with picks on KC side of the field.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:00 pm

Love it, Carson!!! That's what I'm talking about!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:55 pm

I have a game plan more than a prediction. On defense cover 0 looks and mix the zone drops. KVN is the QB spy. He’s agrresaive but plays with leverage. He can contain Mahomes from the QB scrambles. Spotting Kelce is a must. Mahomes is the highest rated QB against the blitz. Kelce leads all NFL TE’s in receiving. If you broke it down further you would probably see that Kielce is the target on blitzes. He has 82 catches and 1100 yards so far. We will be aggressive on D by playing man up. No one can stay with Hill. It’s essential that we bracket him and mix the zones but have that man look.confusing Mahomes with the drops may give the DLthat extra time to pressure. It’s important to stay with this look at the very beginning to confuse Mahomes. Like we did Goff. Do it till they figure it out. Use it to build a lead that makes them become one dimensional.

Offensively, up tempo or two minute offense is a hit and miss. I don’t Lille it for the simple fact is that players get gassed. We have 3 running backs and 5 receivers. We can’t run it to the point we get gassed ourselves. I can see it as a change of pace but not to the Jim Kelly no huddle all game. What we need iis a running attack based out of the I or single back. The shot gun just gives the defense enough time to read the play. We aren’t creating shipping lanes in the front so we need to disguise as much and as long as possible. establishing those running plays will make it that much easier in the play action game or the designed rollouts or later the RPO.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:39 pm

Great stuff, Umix!

I agree that we can't use up tempo all game - but it must be a big part of the offense.

On D, be as multiple as possible...change things up so Mahomes doesn't know what he's seeing.

I wish the game was on right now...I am jacked up for this one!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:52 am

We need to somehow replace Gailey with Umix, I am convinced of this now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:53 am

I don't see it guys. We've had a lot of trouble against mobile QBs and the Chiefs have that plus a lot of other weapons. I'm sure they're seeing this as a statement game too.

I think it's close for awhile, but we end up not being able to stick with them.

KC 27
Mia 17

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:59 pm

Gaskin is on the Covid list. Sucks, but he's nothing special anyway. We've been winning without a running game all season, why should tomorrow be any different?

The Phins' D is going to feast against that weak KC OL, just as Tua will shred their suspect defense.

In Flores I trust. Ya gotta believe!!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:09 pm

With only 3 Backs Tomorrow, Tua will be Throwing a Lot Which is Fine with Me, Need to Control Jones and Matthieu on Defense and Kielce to Me is the Most Important Player other than Mahomes. Fins 31 Chiefs 24.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:41 pm

Sometimes teams take other teams lightly. I have a feeling KC is overlooking Miami. This will cause KC a slow and sloppy start. Miami jumps to an early lead in front of the empty stadium.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:51 am

Not to excited for today's game. Hoping for the best but realize we just are not there YET.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Now Roberts and KVN are out not what we need to Spring the Upset.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down