The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Dolphins Sign Jason Sanders to Contract Extension

4 posters

Go down

Miami Dolphins Sign Jason Sanders to Contract Extension  Empty Re: Miami Dolphins Sign Jason Sanders to Contract Extension

Post by Degarmo Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:41 pm

The kid's been solid. A good kicker is a huge asset.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins Sign Jason Sanders to Contract Extension  Empty Re: Miami Dolphins Sign Jason Sanders to Contract Extension

Post by JMP Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:07 am

I am a firm believer that your kicker doesn't matter much when your team sucks - you can just have a cheap kicker and it's not going to move the needle significantly one way or another.

But on a playoff contender, having a good kicker is vital, and can mean the difference between winning 11 games and getting into the playoffs as a wildcard and winning 13 games and taking your division. Now that the Dolphins are legit playoff contenders, locking up Jason Sanders long-term was a key move. This past season he was arguably the best kicker in the league, and he will be a big part of the team's success moving forward.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:39 pm

Building the next AFC East Dynasty.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:23 am

Just my opinion, but the timing of everything is all wrong.  Sanders was outstanding at the beginning and tapered at the end.  And he probably deserved an extension but the timing is critical.  I think this was a move to get something out in public other than the Watson deal.  

But they set a precedence that may get into a difficult renegotiation with Howard.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:54 pm

Umix10 wrote:Just my opinion, but the timing of everything is all wrong.  Sanders was outstanding at the beginning and tapered at the end.  And he probably deserved an extension but the timing is critical.  I think this was a move to get something out in public other than the Watson deal.  

But they set a precedence that may get into a difficult renegotiation with Howard.

It shouldn't have any impact on Howard - the Sanders deal is pocket change in comparison. Sanders was 8 of 9 from 50+ yards. That is stellar. Lock him up now while we have the space, and it's one less thing to worry about. Full terms of the deal haven't been released, but I am assuming it is team-friendly like all the deals they did last offseason. To me, this was a no-brainer and a great move.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down