The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins sign veteran DE Jason Pierre-Paul

5 posters

Go down

Dolphins sign veteran DE Jason Pierre-Paul Empty Dolphins sign veteran DE Jason Pierre-Paul

Post by JMP Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:24 pm

JPP is now a Dolphin! He's 34, but he could be a key piece in the DL rotation. 6'5", 275 with a huge wingspan. He was always a good pass rusher and strong against the run. Has a couple of Super Bowl rings.

I love this signing. Adds veteran savvy and leadership, and he knows what it takes to win.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dolphins sign veteran DE Jason Pierre-Paul Empty Re: Dolphins sign veteran DE Jason Pierre-Paul

Post by JEGnj Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:06 am

Should bring explosiveness to Miami's D.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP and CarsonChris like this post

Back to top Go down

Dolphins sign veteran DE Jason Pierre-Paul Empty Re: Dolphins sign veteran DE Jason Pierre-Paul

Post by CarsonChris Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:56 am

Dudes a firecracker!

CarsonChris

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:02 am

should be a good signing as a situational pass rusher if he has anything left in the tank.

Pierre-Paul, who turns 35 on Jan. 1, has appeared in one game for New Orleans this season after signing to its practice squad two weeks ago. He recorded two tackles in a 24-15 loss to the Atlanta Falcons last Sunday.

Last season, as a member of the Baltimore Ravens, Pierre-Paul recorded three sacks, 26 tackles and one interception in 14 games (13 starts).

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article282395698.html

he was Miami's second choice.

According to ESPN, the Dolphins put in a waiver claim for former Philadelphia Eagles pass rusher Derek Barnett. He was claimed on Monday by the Houston Texans, who had a higher priority number.

but hopefully he'll provide capable depth and his experience should be helpful.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:21 am

If he has anything left in the tank, this could work out.

Although, if they were going to go after an old geezer of a guy, Melvin Ingram was available too?

I wonder what happened to Barnett? That dude looked like a sure fire NFL prospect once't upon a time??

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:00 pm

Glad we got JPP over Barnett. Barnett was a talented player, but never amounted to much and has been a non-factor for a few seasons. JPP's experience, size and leadership make him a much better add IMO.

I haven't heard a thing about Ingram.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:34 pm

JMP wrote:I haven't heard a thing about Ingram.  

i had to laugh. this article posted the day before JPP was signed mentions just about every possible available edge rusher (including Ingram) the Dolphins could've signed except JPP.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/lists/dolphins-free-agent-edge-rushers-jaelan-phillips-2023/?itm_source=parsely-api

i guess they didn't think about other team's PS.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:32 pm

From that list, Carlos Dunlap, Robert Quinn and Mario Addison are mildly intriguing.

But I'm down with JPP!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:11 pm

Is Cam Wake still out there?
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:49 pm

And, JPP was cut today. Oh, well!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:35 am

Melvin is on the PS.

I think they may be happy with Cameron Goode as AVG's backup though it looks like?

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:49 am

JPP was cut as they needed to make room to bring back RB Chris Brooks off IR.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:21 pm

Yeah, I read something saying the Phins will be working to re-sign JPP to the PS if nobody else picks him up.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:19 am

finfanatic wrote:Yeah, I read something saying the Phins will be working to re-sign JPP to the PS if nobody else picks him up.

I like the idea of loading up on veterans on the practice squad. Ellis, Ingram, Skura, maybe JPP...if we get injuries at those spots, we have experienced plug-and-play guys that can step in and play and don't need to be coached up.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down