The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micah Parsons at 3?

+4
finfanatic
DolFan 316
JMP
CarsonChris
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Micah Parsons at 3? Empty Micah Parsons at 3?

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:55 am

With the release of Van Noy could Miami be thinking about revamping the linebackers by starting in the middle?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Micah Parsons at 3? Empty Re: Micah Parsons at 3?

Post by JMP Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:15 am

Parsons is a helluva player, but he seems like a very low-character guy and a crappy teammate if the stories coming out of Penn State are true. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins take him off their board completely. Flores won't want a guy in his locker room that was involved with physically assaulting and sexually harassing a teammate.

I think the plan was always to add new blood to the linebacking corps, with or without Van Noy. I'm not saying they'll use a first rounder, but LB will be addressed in the draft, and probably free agency too.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:29 am

Parsons and Waddle.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:00 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Parsons and Waddle.

So are you just ignoring the Parsons character issues? Flores is on record as saying that character trumps everything else for him, so I don't see how Parsons would fit with the Dolphins' plans - especially at 3.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:44 pm

If the Fins take Parsons at #3--or at all--I might just do this rioting thing that all the kiddies think is cool.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:28 pm

If character issues were a deal than beating your wife would get you gone but it hasn't. Same with shooting into your agents house.

Miami has also kicked the tires on a few free agents that had character issues.

I think he also said he believes in second chances.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:46 pm

CarsonChris wrote:If character issues were a deal than beating your wife would get you gone but it hasn't. Same with shooting into your agents house.

Miami has also kicked the tires on a few free agents that had character issues.

I think he also said he believes in second chances.

Things are different with a player that is already on the team making a shit-ton of money. Right or wrong, it's a completely different situation when you're on the hook for millions of dollars. And let's not forget - all charges were dropped against Howard for the incident with his girlfriend/wife - he didn't serve any time and the NFL investigation didn't warrant a suspension. I'm not saying that's right, I'm just saying that the Dolphins aren't going to punish him for something that law enforcement and the NFL didn't punish him for. Finally, Xavien Howard never fired a gun into his agents' house. That simply isn't true, no matter how many times you type it. LOL

Things are also different when you are giving a veteran player a second chance and paying him league-minimum with no bonus money, as the Dolphins did with Mark Walton and Antonio Callaway. Those guys screw up, you cut them and it's done. A #3 overall pick screws up, and your franchise is fucked - like what happened with Dion Jordan.

As for Parsons, he reportedly got into a fight with a freshman teammate, punching him in the face repeatedly and choking the guy till he nearly passed out. On multiple occasions, he also reportedly physically and mentally harassed that player and held him down while a teammate dry-humped him and shoved his fucking cock-and-balls in the dude's face. Parsons was also reportedly involved in other similar freshman hazing incidents with other players.

Now, notice I said "reportedly". We really don't know what happened, and NFL teams will need to dig deep to get the real story. But I'll tell you this: if anything I posted turns out to be even remotely true and the Dolphins know about it, then I'll have a better chance of being drafted by the Dolphins than Parsons will. And to my knowledge, I'm not even draft-eligible! Laughing

Bottom line: Flores is all about TEAM. If the stories are true, Parsons doesn't even know the meaning of "team".

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:27 pm

Without Parsons Penn State had no defense this year. As far as hazing, it's been done since the beginning of sports as a way of putting the pecking order in order. No matter how we feel about it it will always be present. I'm sure 50% of Miami's players have been involved in locker room play with other players at some point in their careers. The only difference now is hazing isn't PC anymore and it's getting exposed where in the past people remained quiet.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:45 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Without Parsons Penn State had no defense this year. As far as hazing, it's been done since the beginning of sports as a way of putting the pecking order in order. No matter how we feel about it it will always be present. I'm sure 50% of Miami's players have been involved in locker room play with other players at some point in their careers. The only difference now is hazing isn't PC anymore and it's getting exposed where in the past people remained quiet.

Parsons is a great player - no denying that. But that's not the issue. This isn't a simple hazing incident...unless you think it's common to repeatedly punch and choke your teammate, and then participate in sexually assaulting him and other teammates. If these stories are true, it paints a picture of a seriously disturbed individual, and not someone that Brian Flores will want in his locker room - at all.

Again, teams are going to have to do some serious research here to see what really happened.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:24 pm

If that's what constitutes "hazing" then it NEEDS to be abolished once and for all. Naturally the SJW crowd completely ignores REAL injustice like this because shutting people up who don't agree with everything they say and putting them into "re-education camps" is apparently far more important.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who was in a fraternity, and even back in the '90s people knew this level of "hazing" was unacceptable.

And there's no way this team is taking him regardless, not after the Martin Fiasco. Let some other team be the target of SJW "outrage" this time.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:57 pm

Google hazing in the locker room. It's a national thing. It's ongoing. I bet the majority of the players on the Dolphins have been involved in it at some point between middle school and the NFL.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:43 am

CarsonChris wrote:Google hazing in the locker room. It's a national thing. It's ongoing. I bet the majority of the players on the Dolphins have been involved in it at some point between middle school and the NFL.

That's not the point. We all know it exists. The point is, in today's outrage culture to still turn a blind eye to actual injustice is the most outrageous thing of all. If people like Parsons will still be allowed to do stuff like this right out in the open with absolutely no consequences or repercussions, then what exactly is the point of people allowing themselves to be banned and censored from society for having the "wrong" opinion or saying the "wrong" words? You might as well just throw out ALL laws and rules and let the anarchist free for all begin.

(This BTW is the same reason I never did and never will take lockdown "laws" seriously, because the same people who were making them were not only breaking them right out in the open, but also allowing large groups of people to wander around outside 24/7 committing all the violent crime they wanted. But *I'M* going to be fined and arrested for having more than 6 people at my house? GTFO with that shit. If one group of people is allowed to commit felonies at will, then everybody should be. Equality is what the far left keeps saying they want, right?)

If you say Parsons should have the right to assault people, I say people should have the right to murder his ass. And the rest of him, too!

Don't worry CC, I've still got your back on the Tua thing Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:50 am

CarsonChris wrote:Google hazing in the locker room. It's a national thing. It's ongoing. I bet the majority of the players on the Dolphins have been involved in it at some point between middle school and the NFL.

So you thinking punching someone in the face, choking him till he almost passes out AND sexually assaulting him (and other teammates) is nothing but hazing and everyone is doing it? Really?? Those things are assault, not hazing - and they're not only disgusting, they're illegal.

Hey, if the Dolphins investigate and find that Parsons did absolutely nothing wrong - great. Welcome aboard. But if any of this stuff actually happened, there is zero chance he gets drafted by the Dolphins.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:37 am

All the allegations were forwarded to the district attorney that declined any prosecution. Hmm, seems there's no laws broken? When did I see another no laws broken by a player case? Maybe Xavien Howard last week. Hmm.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/penn-state-football-player-suing-campaign-hazing/story?id=68278218

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:42 am

CarsonChris wrote:All the allegations were forwarded to the district attorney that declined any prosecution. Hmm, seems there's no laws broken? When did I see another no laws broken by a player case? Maybe Xavien Howard last week. Hmm.  
https://abcnews.go.com/US/penn-state-football-player-suing-campaign-hazing/story?id=68278218

Many many DAs refused to prosecute thousands of rioters committing felonies literally right out in the open too, at this point the law is essentially meaningless and only applies to people the ones in charge happen to not like based on political ideology, race or gender.

There's certainly far more proof of this than there is that Howard took shots at his ex-agent's house or told someone else to.

Also, I must ask again: where is the SJW outrage?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:49 pm

CarsonChris wrote:All the allegations were forwarded to the district attorney that declined any prosecution. Hmm, seems there's no laws broken? When did I see another no laws broken by a player case? Maybe Xavien Howard last week. Hmm.  

Xavien Howard is already on the Miami Dolphins. They didn't draft him after he had a fight with his wife/girlfriend. And the shooting incident you keep bringing up has nothing to do with Howard.

Parsons has not been drafted yet. And if you can't figure out why Parsons wouldn't be a fit in the Dolphins' culture that Flores is building, I don't know what else to say. Neutral

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:27 pm

Parsons would fit right in with wife beaters and agent shooters.

It sounds like Parsons had one fight with the cornerback that said he was being picked on. As I read it. He poured water on the guys head. The water went on the kids laptop and phone so the kid retaliated with a Gatorade pour onto Parsons. A fight ensued where the cornerback pulled a knife on Parsons.

You guys know the rest of the story. The cornerback moved with his auntie and uncle into Belair.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:47 am

Parsons can play, but DANG!.... I think I would be hesitant to even look at him.

Especially with the other LBs in the draft that can play and do not have all that baggage.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:11 pm

Xaven Collins is a better prospect character wise. Coming from Tulsa isn't exactly comparable to the Big 10. The instincts are magnified when the competition isn't exactly elite. But he has potential with the right situation and the right coaching. The same could be said for guys who standout in the big 10 like Raekwon McMillan.

In the end skill guys with character is where Flores wants to be. I think he'll take a low risk chance on a guy whose just the opposite. I dont think Parsons is the pick at 3. If he is BPA, I am almost certain the dolphins will trade back.

After a lot of hearsay and back in forth with the media about FA's. I think its even more unclear what the dolphins will do. I don't think you can see a plan for the draft until the FA's get signed.

Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:39 am

Exactly Umix. I think FA is going to determine their draft path.

I really hope the Panthers or somebody in the top ten wants to trade up and the phins can get some picks next year,
and still get who they want.

I think that Owusu-Koramoah LB/Safety dude fits Flores Defense better. He'd be the Minkah that Flores wanted Minkah to be.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:43 pm

People are kidding themselves if they think Flores and Grier care about character. They care about winning.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:24 pm

CarsonChris wrote:People are kidding themselves if they think Flores and Grier care about character. They care about winning.

Of course they care about character. But it's all about risk vs. reward. You weigh what the player did to get in trouble, what the likelihood is that he'll get in trouble again, how good he is on the field and how he fits your schemes, how he fits in your locker room, what he costs in terms of draft capital, what he costs in terms of salary, etc. Once you take all of that into consideration, you make a determination on whether or not he is worth it.

If you're talking about a cheap free agent or a late-round draft pick, you can live with a higher risk factor because the cost is so low. But when you're talking about a high-priced free agent or a high draft pick, the stakes are much higher and risk factor becomes much more important.

As for Parsons, it's up to the teams to find out what he really did. From an outsider's perspective, with no inside knowledge at all, the situation sounds really, really bad and if this stuff is true the Dolphins aren't going to risk it. But if it is determined that he has done nothing wrong, then sure, he becomes a viable option. Probably not at #3, but in a trade-down scenario - sure, he's in play.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:00 pm

I think character does matter to them. If anyone they bring in shows negative character in the locker room I can see them getting bounced quickly. Taking a chance on someone who has had off the field red flags doesn't mean character isn't important. People make mistakes, some worse than others. I do find it funny that people play both sides of the fence on this depending on who it is or what personal beliefs are. Just saying.

I don't think they will take Parsons at #3 if they keep the pick. I think they are trading down and will take a WR or maybe Kyle Pitts.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:42 am

Parsons and teammate have freakish pro day. Both record sub 4.4 40's.

https://www.nfl.com/news/penn-state-pro-day-jayson-oweh-thrills-with-freakish-athleticism

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:21 am

CarsonChris wrote:Parsons and teammate have freakish pro day. Both record sub 4.4 40's.

https://www.nfl.com/news/penn-state-pro-day-jayson-oweh-thrills-with-freakish-athleticism

Insanity! Those numbers are absurd!

Oweh wasn't all that special on the field, but he's an athletic freak.

Parsons solidified himself as the top defensive player in the draft. Just have to hope his "background check" turns out OK...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum