The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SO...Here's What I Did

+4
white1
JMP
mercury22nathan
DolFan 316
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SO...Here's What I Did - Page 2 Empty Re: SO...Here's What I Did

Post by JMP Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:40 pm

finfanatic wrote:You really think the Phins are going to draft 3 WRs??   I think if we get ONE we will be lucky.

There does seem to be some very interesting D Line players that are ranked low right now, but I suspect will be drafted a lot higher. Tyler Shelvin is a beast.

WR is incredibly deep in this draft, mostly guys that project as slot receivers...it's really unbelievable how many there are.  With that in mind, some really good receivers are going to be available later than they should be - so it wouldn't surprise me to see the Dolphins double down due to value.  My gut says we only take one receiver, possibly two depending on the fate of Wilson and Hurns and the belief in Bowden and Perry.  Three is very unlikely, but you never know...if the value is there, it could happen.  Personally, I'm on board with Smith in the top 10 and I really like Amari Rodgers later on, among many others.

DL is very interesting.  It is not top-heavy at all, but it does appear to be deep.  There are a lot of high-potential players that probably project as better NFL players than college players, and no doubt some of them will rise because of the premium placed on DL these days.  For example, guys like Osa Odighizuwa (UCLA), Tedarrell Slaton (Florida) and Naquan Jones (Michigan State) can definitely fill valuable roles at the NFL level and I think they all could go higher than they are currently projected.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:33 pm

finfanatic wrote:W1 - I really like Elijah Moore. He seems to really have come around after doing the whole lifting leg and peeing on Miss State thing!

Very Happy

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! HE was that guy??? I had totally forgotten about that! Laughing Laughing Laughing Now it's a guarantee that this team drafts him. Not even joking. And then he'll singlehandedly invent an end zone celebration called the Urine Test that every other player who scores will copy.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:52 pm

I'm surprised no one said anything about my drafting of Mac Jones. Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:42 am

Degarmo wrote:I'm surprised no one said anything about my drafting of Mac Jones.  Wink

LOL I missed that! I'm sure he'd love to sit behind Tua again! Laughing Laughing

Great value in the 2nd round, but I think he is going to be a top 10 pick, crazy as that seems.

BTW - Quinn Meinerz continued to drive his stock up with his workout this week:

Tipping the scales at 320 pounds, Meinerz was timed as fast as 4.86 seconds in the forty with a 10-yard split of 1.73 seconds. His short shuttle was timed at 4.47 seconds and his three-cone was timed 7.33 seconds. He touched 32 inches on the vertical jump and 9-feet-3-inches on the board jump.

Meinerz, who suffered a broken bone in his hand during Senior Bowl practice, intends to bench press next month.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/quinn-meinerz-kansas-state-pro-day-2021-nfl-draft/

I think he is the player I want most for the Phins in this entire draft.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:22 am

Well, jmp, I got him in this mock (though I think he is going to go higher now) which I think is about the best I could do. This is about as close to my ideal as I think I can get, with playmakers at WR and TE to instantly elevate the offense, Williams at RB (I think he's going to surprise at the next level) and developmental O-linemen. Top it off with 12 picks next year, including 4 in the first two rounds, 7 in the first three:

If we could only actually get this, I'd say a SB within two years.

DeVonta Smith
WR Alabama
trade icon
MIA

Kyle Pitts
TE Florida
trade icon
MIA

Javonte Williams
RB North Carolina
trade icon
MIA

Liam Eichenberg
OT Notre Dame
trade icon
MIA

Amari Rodgers
WR Clemson
MIA

Quinn Meinerz
OC Wisconsin-Whitewater
trade icon
MIA

Demetric Felton
WR UCLA
2022 SF 1st
2022 HOU 2nd
2022 HOU 3rd
2022 LV 3rd
2022 DEN 5th

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:04 pm

That might be the greatest draft ever, Hal! cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:07 pm

I'm all aboard with Williams. I think he's going to translate really well also.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:38 am

I would love for the Phins to draft Pitts, but I just do not see it.

I am a little leery of Smith's size. I think he is going to get broken in the NFL. And if he adds weight, he loses that speed.

I think it will be Chase or Waddle first. Waddle is the next Tyrek Hill IMO. Blazing fast and just as a quick with change of direction. Plus he is bigger than Smith. Chase was uncoverable by some good defenses when Burrows was his QB and he had those other WRs.

Yeah, word is out on Javonte Williams I am afraid. Which means he will go much higher than anticipated I predict.

After free agency, we should know kinda/sorta when the Phins are going to be focused. If they Sign Jones at RB, no need for Harris, Etienne, or Williams. The Center from GB? Then no OC in the draft.

It would be extremely nice to come out of this draft with BOTH... the Impact players the Phins need, and some extra picks next year.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:30 am

Chase always the first WR drafted in every mock I did.

The reason I'm starting to focus on Pitts is he's a mismatch, and a true Gronk-type TE in that he has the size and power to block also. The other guys? Yeah they're all good receivers.... but it's all but a lock that ultimately a second or third round guy will outperform the big name guys in year one. Can't see that happening with Pitts, he's special.

Other than that, give me Sewell or Slater and a pass rushing LB with the 18 pick. I'd focus on O line and front 7, go for skill positions round 2 and 3.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:16 pm

finfanatic wrote:I would love for the Phins to draft Pitts, but I just do not see it.

I think it depends on how the Phins view Gesicki long-term...are they prepared to give him a long-term big-money contract next year, or are they willing to let him walk or trade him? If they don't plan on keeping him, Pitts makes much more sense.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:44 pm

We're going to need a true No. 1 receiver, and there are a couple in this draft. As great as Parker can be, I just can't trust his health. Those guys take a massive beating out there, and it's difficult to get "better" once you've had some serious injuries. Some guys just can't stay healthy. I want him to stay healthy and have a long career with us, but my spidey sense says to move on.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:29 am

Hmmm. I had not thought of the whole Gesicki contract issue. Pitts would be a good move then. He would definitely be the top receiving threat for the Phins immediately if they drafted him IMHO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:07 am

finfanatic wrote:Hmmm. I had not thought of the whole Gesicki contract issue. Pitts would be a good move then. He would definitely be the top receiving threat for the Phins immediately if they drafted him IMHO.

If you look at Gesicki and Pitts, they pretty much play the same role: big receivers that don't block well and are really "tight ends" in name only. So there is some redundancy if they're on the same team, regardless of who you think is better. It should be easy enough to come up with ways to use them both, but really, do you need two players at the same position that do the same thing?

BUT...

Gesicki is probably looking at a free agent contract worth roughly $15 million a year (at least) on average when he hits the market. So the question is: are the Phins willing to pay him that much?

I have to say, the more I see of Pitts the more I like him. Very much like Darren Waller IMO in terms of his catch-and-run ability and route running, although he is a bit smaller than Waller.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:06 pm

That site is a little shady on the trade offers. I think the Fins will get more than what is offered on that site.

As of now my hope is the Fins trade down a few spots and get either Waddle of Pitts.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum