The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RUMOR: Phins close to a deal with RB Chris Carson

+4
Umix10
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
JMP
8 posters

Go down

RUMOR: Phins close to a deal with RB Chris Carson Empty RUMOR: Phins close to a deal with RB Chris Carson

Post by JMP Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:50 pm

Pro Football Network
@PFN365
We are hearing from sources that former Seattle RB Chris Carson and the Miami #Dolphins are close to a deal.
4:34 PM · Mar 18, 2021

I have trouble believing this rumor, but stranger things have happened.

Carson is a beast when healthy, but I really really want one of those backs in the draft....

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

RUMOR: Phins close to a deal with RB Chris Carson Empty Re: RUMOR: Phins close to a deal with RB Chris Carson

Post by CarsonChris Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:06 pm

Carson seldom sees the field. I told you guys Grier loves the injury prone players. They tend to be fillers of roster spots , use up cap money, and seldom live up to what the team needs.

We have the draft capital to draft a stud running back.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

RUMOR: Phins close to a deal with RB Chris Carson Empty Re: RUMOR: Phins close to a deal with RB Chris Carson

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:31 pm

CarsonChris wrote: Carson seldom sees the field. I told you guys Grier loves the injury prone players. They tend to be fillers of roster spots , use up cap money, and seldom live up to what the team needs.

I thought you of all people would be a fan of this signing Razz Wink

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:52 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
CarsonChris wrote: Carson seldom sees the field. I told you guys Grier loves the injury prone players. They tend to be fillers of roster spots , use up cap money, and seldom live up to what the team needs.

I thought you of all people would be a fan of this signing Razz Wink

Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:54 pm

Chris Carson has missed 7 games in the last 3 seasons...that's not bad at all.

Will Fuller has missed 19 games in that same stretch of time.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:21 am

These are all cap friendly guys who have shown ability to be in the upper tier of the league talent. Kinda gotta put it into perspective. Grier is placing a high value on talented prove it deal kinda guys. I was a little impatient and thought that we could have been more aggressive but he is bringing in guys that fill needs. I'm guessing that the draft will be spent on some serious talent. I seriously see us in contention for Kyle Pitts but not at 3. I think this guy has a lot of upside. If we do, I see us going after mid round WR talent. Rondale Moore is a guy I really like. Tutu Atwell is another. Anthony Schwartz is another. I think this is a deep and rich WR group.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:34 am

Don't forget that two RBs have already been signed so the likelihood of a RB being drafted before the 4th round has got to be almost none IMO. It would literally make no sense to do so now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:59 am

i'll wait to see if it actually happens before commenting.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:06 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Don't forget that two RBs have already been signed so the likelihood of a RB being drafted before the 4th round has got to be almost none IMO. It would literally make no sense to do so now.

Carson hasn't actually been signed, so we've only added one so far - Malcolm Brown. And he's on a one-year deal making backup money. As of now the Dolphins are almost certain to draft a RB somewhere in the first three rounds...probably round 2 IMO.

We'll see what type of contract Carson gets if he is in fact signed...that will give us a better idea of draft plans at the position. If Carson does sign and it's longer than one year, then yes, drafting a RB early becomes much less likely.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:17 pm

Maybe we're going with the old single wing. Do something all "wildcat" like and run 45 times a game.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:57 am

I think (hope) they are just covering their bases in case the RBs they are targeting are all snatched up early, like the last draft.

Harris and Etienne will be gone in the first round I think, and J. Davis will be gone in the first half of the 2nd round I suspect, maybe earlier.

A potent ground attack would sure help out Tua. Or any other QB for that matter.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:03 pm

I heard that the Seahawks let Carson go out and see what offers he could get and they'd match. I don't know if that was legit or not, just what I heard.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down