The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Do This Again, Shall We?

+3
HalCHorn
finfanatic
DolFan 316
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Let's Do This Again, Shall We?  Empty Let's Do This Again, Shall We?

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:43 pm

Here's my updated mock from the same link as before. https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

First off I traded down one spot with the Lions, gaining pick #41 in the process. They took Waddle and I took Smith, who I wanted all along.

Then at 18 I picked C Creed Humphries. I chose him over Kwity Paye because I felt center was the bigger need and I also figured I could just get Jaelin Phillips with my next pick. But instead...

Paye was somehow still around at 36 so I nabbed him with the quickness Cool

At 41 I traded down one spot with the Giants, gaining pick 116 in the process. They took Phillips and I then traded down again with the Lions, picking up pick 72 and also getting their second next year, giving up the 7th gotten from the Titans in the ill-fated trade for Wilson. The reason I decided to trade down that far is because I just didn't see anybody I wanted to draft at that spot. The Broncos had offered me their 2nd and 3rd next year, but wanted me to give up pick #116 in exchange and it was tempting, but ultimately I figured the Lions would be worse next season and I really wanted to keep that pick, seeing as I'd just traded for it.

Then at 50 I picked T Dillon Radunz. (It's not as if I was willing to ignore OT, I just don't think one should be taken as high as #6 is all.)

At 72 I took mah boi HB Kenny Gainwell, who was another player I wanted all along. Then at pick 116 (the one the Broncos wanted) I got lucky and was able to take C/G Quinn Meinerz cheers Seriously, I about fainted when I saw him still available. I don't think he'll last that long in the real draft.

At pick 156 the pickings were getting slim, so I figured why not take another edge rusher in Victor Dimukeje. With the two 6th round picks I had, I selected DT Jonathan Marshall (the one pick I regret since I could've taken LB Isaiah McDuffie and then gotten DT Lorenzo Neal later. Oh well.) and then with the last pick I took QB Feleipe Franks. I actually would've taken the Ohio St. punter Drue Chrisman here but believe it or not the Bengals drafted him at 235 Shocked

DolFan 316

finfanatic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Let's Do This Again, Shall We?  Empty Re: Let's Do This Again, Shall We?

Post by finfanatic Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:05 am

It is amazing to me how the personnel chart has changed since I first did a simulation back in January I think?

Guys are moving up which is pushing others down.

I tried it out with the new pick order in place just to see. The Cards offer #16, #47 and a 2022 2nd rounder to trade down, but I was pretending like the Phins were targeting Pitts. I doubt the Phins will go Pitts, and I doubt they would trade down out of the top ten.

6. Kyle Pitts TE Florida

18. Azeez Ojulari EDGE Georgia (Lets hope this guy gives the Phins some INSTANT PASS RUSH!! THAT would take this defense to the next level IMHO. Rousseau has risen like an attack submarine on emergency blow!!!)

39. Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU (A better more available Devante Parker IMO. I doubt the Phins will go WR here, more probably an OT or a center, but this was my preference.)

50. Javonte Williams RB North Carolina (I am thinking this dude may be BETTER int he NFL than he was in college.)

73. Jevon Holland S Oregon (I doubt the Phins go for a Safety, but I think they need one, and a good one too. Holland is one of those
guys getting pushed downtime boards somewhat by other rising.)

81. Jackson Carman OT Clemson (I do not think they need a OT assuming Jackson steps up this year like I think/hope he will, but..)

231. Mustafa Johnson DT Colorado - (I wanted a LB here, but I think he Phins think they are set.)

258. KJ Costello QB Mississippi State - This guy has some serious upside IMO. He is no threat to Tua right now, but once he develops, this could be someone who shows out in preseason (assuming we get preseason anymore) and the Phins trade him for picks or a player. Franks is the more athletic, but Franks has got Ray Lucas Syndrome IMHO (slow reader... of the defense).

If you ponder on each pick and how it works with the current roster and possible future development of the draft picks and the players on he team, you can see why people struggle with drafting. You are basing these decisions on very incomplete data.

Fuzzy Logic will not even work.
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:11 am

I like your QB pick at 258 better than mine Embarassed

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:04 am

Great picks guys, great haul in both cases. Inspired me to try another one today.

I traded down first to 8, still got Smith, then traded down three times to 31 after that. Ended up with 3 second rounders next year and four 3rd rounders for 2022 as well, and moved all my picks to day 2. Humphrey and Jenkins were my picks at 31 and 36, then I too went for more skill position help. The results:

DeVonta Smith
WR Alabama
trade icon
MIA

Creed Humphrey
OC Oklahoma
trade icon
MIA

Teven Jenkins
OT Oklahoma State
MIA

Terrace Marshall Jr.
WR LSU
MIA

Javonte Williams
RB North Carolina
trade icon
MIA

Jordan Smith
EDGE UAB
trade icon
MIA

Hunter Long
TE Boston College
trade icon
2022 TEN 2nd
2022 CLE 2nd
2022 DEN 3rd
2022 TEN 3rd

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:15 pm

Loving these mocks!!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:06 pm

I'm doing more research on Terrance Marshall now thanks to Hal and FF. If Pitts is the first pick he may well indeed be the only WR drafted by this team.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:23 am

Mia
Jaylen Waddle
WR Alabama
trade icon

MIA
Alijah Vera-Tucker
OG USC
trade icon

MIA
Zaven Collins
LB Tulsa

MIA
Terrace Marshall Jr.
WR LSU

MIA
Ronnie Perkins
EDGE Oklahoma
trade icon

MIA
Brevin Jordan
TE Miami (FL)

MIA
Jamin Davis
LB Kentucky
trade icon

MIA
Chuba Hubbard
RB Oklahoma State

MIA
Josh Ball
OT Marshall

2022 WAS 1st

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:06 am

I didn't make or accept any trades, just drafted in the spots we currently have.

First four picks were ALL QBs which worked out great for me!

6. Kyle Pitts
18. Micah Parsons
36. Travis Etienne
50. Landon Dickerson
81. DT Alim McNeill
156. CB Rodarius Williams
231. QB Shane Buechele
258. DT Lorenzo Neal
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:19 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I'm doing more research on Terrance Marshall now thanks to Hal and FF. If Pitts is the first pick he may well indeed be the only WR drafted by this team.

I've been talking about Terrace Marshall for awhile now. I like him more than Chase.

What's interesting about Marshall is that even though he's a huge receiver (6'3", 200), LSU used him primarily(?) as a slot receiver. Much like Kyle Pitts, that's a HUGE mismatch.

My dream scenario is Smith in the first and Marshall in the second. I doubt the Phins would do that, but damn, that would be awesome!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:42 am

Look at this one. I have yet to see Pitts last until #18, but he did on this one.

JMP, would the Phins use the #18 pick to get the #3 rated player?

6. Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU - I agree with the consensus, I think it is Chase or Smith the Phins are targetting.

18. Kyle Pitts TE Florida - The #3 rated overall player at #18. Great value. And if Pitts lives up to his freakish stats....

36. Travis Etienne RB Clemson - Speed is what the Phins need. Some big plays in the running game make Tua better.

50. Jabril Cox LB LSU - Browning and Owus may be better, but Cox might be the better coverage LB IMO.

81. Dayo Odeyingbo EDGE Vanderbilt - The Edge guys got gone in a hurry. This guy played well in the SEC for Vandy.

156. Michael Menet OC Penn State - Phins have to get a long term answer at Center. Is Meant it? he was the highest rated Center left?

231. Jonathan Marshall DT Arkansas - 6'3" 310 lbs and did 36 reps on the bench. 32 inch long arms make him last until rd 7.

258. Brenden Jaimes OT Nebraska - Developmental OT. 6'6" 300 LBer

I could live with this. I seriously doubt the Phins use their first three picks on offense, but you line up Chase, Pitts, and Etienne and the Phins offense suddenly looks fairly potent IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:47 pm

Pitts at 18 would be an excellent value in this draft. I think I'd rather have Najee Harris there, but nothing to complain about if we landed Pitts.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:47 pm

I like to see just how many premium picks I can stockpile for next year while still addressing needs. For example. in this scenario we now have two 1sts, 3 2nds, 5 3rds, and 2 4ths next year with no picks after that. Still need a pass rusher, but otherwise....

MIA

Travis Etienne
RB Clemson
trade icon
MIA

Terrace Marshall Jr.
WR LSU
trade icon
MIA

Jalen Mayfield
OT Michigan
trade icon
MIA

Landon Dickerson
OC Alabama
trade icon
MIA

Jamin Davis
LB Kentucky
trade icon
MIA

Hamsah Nasirildeen
S Florida State
trade icon
MIA

Tylan Wallace
WR Oklahoma State
trade icon
MIA

Quinn Meinerz
OC Wisconsin-Whitewater
trade icon
MIA

Marquez Stevenson
WR Houston
trade icon
MIA

Kyle Trask
QB Florida
trade icon
MIA

Tony Fields II
LB West Virginia
trade icon
2022 WAS 1st
2022 GB 2nd
2022 TB 2nd
2022 IND 3rd
2022 CIN 3rd
2022 CAR 3rd
2022 DEN 4th

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:53 pm

I wish I had Hal's cojones Shocked Shocked Shocked But I'm just too fixated on getting Smith/Pitts at #6 and OL/Edge at 18 to risk trading down 10-20 spots.

Jonathan Marshall is a name that keeps popping up at pick 231 every time for me, so if he's taken there for real I wouldn't mind at all.

I just cannot bring myself to take a RB at 18. Can't do it. Not in today's NFL. And not with the options available later.

Also, I just cannot get past Chase sitting out all of last season while Smith balled out. The opt-out rust will be very real for everyone involved. Even a season-ending injury is different, since before the injury the player was at least practicing and playing on a regular basis. How much would you trust a surgeon who's doing you after taking a whole year off?

FF needs to bring his rabbit's foot or four leaf clover or whatever he has to give him the kind of luck that makes Pitts last until 18 to the real draft for sure!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:10 pm

Ended up with 19 picks next year on this one, 15 in the first 4 rounds Smile

Ja'Marr Chase
WR LSU
MIA

Wyatt Davis
OG Ohio State
trade icon
MIA

Jordan Smith
EDGE UAB
trade icon
MIA

Amon-Ra St. Brown
WR USC
trade icon
MIA

Rashad Weaver
EDGE Pittsburgh
trade icon
MIA

Quinn Meinerz
OC Wisconsin-Whitewater
trade icon
MIA

Hunter Long
TE Boston College
trade icon
MIA

Quincy Roche
EDGE Miami (FL)
trade icon
MIA

Trey Sermon
RB Ohio State
trade icon
MIA

Deonte Brown
OG Alabama
trade icon
MIA

Tony Fields II
LB West Virginia
trade icon
2022 SEA 1st
2022 LV 2nd
2022 ARI 2nd
2022 BUF 2nd
2022 BAL 3rd
2022 PHI 3rd
2022 SEA 3rd
2022 TEN 4th
2022 NYJ 4th
2022 SEA 4th
2022 LAC 5th

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:57 am

Hal, great experiment.

I am having hard time between wanting to accept the trade down offers and the picks next year or get the IMPACT player this year.

The Phins DESPERATELY need some impact players. On offense and defense.

We shall see what Grier and company think.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:30 am

Relevant to our mock drafts and the players we have discussed...

I saw that both Chase and Terrance Marshall ran a 4.38 at LSU Pro day....
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:04 pm

Marshall is my favorite WR outside of the top 3 (Bateman isn't far off though).

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:25 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Marshall is my favorite WR outside of the top 3 (Bateman isn't far off though).  

I think I would put Marshall #3 after Smith and Waddle. I'd have Chase at 4. Not sure who I'd have at 5...I really like Amari Rodgers, so maybe him...but he's a later-round pick IMO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:54 pm

I really like Marshall.

I would rank it Waddle (Tyrek Hill Ver 2.0 IMHO), then Chase, simply because the draft experts think of him as Antonio Brown like, but I just do not see it myself, and then Marshall and or Bateman.

D Smith is just so slight. I am afeared he is gonna be oft-injured. But there is no doubt he was electrifying in college. I can live with it if he becomes a Phin.

Whomever the Phins pick, I just hope while watching them play I am smiling and thinking, "Dang! I am glad they drafted this guy instead of so-and-so!"

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:58 pm

I guess I like Chase better than most; if he's our first pick I won't complain, but I can say that about Smith and Pitts too. (I'd rather trade down a bit to take Waddle, who I have 3rd). Chase gets a lot of Torry Holt comparisons, like Smith gets compared to Marvin Harrison. If either comparison looks legit a few years from now, no complaints. Smile

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:23 pm

I keep playing with the simulator. Good thing they don't charge for it!!

I like this one. I doubt it is anywhere close to what the Phins REALLY do, but....

16. Kyle Pitts TE Florida - I traded down to 13 with LAC for a 1st in 2022. Then traded down to 16 with Arizona for a 2nd rounder.

18. Najee Harris RB Alabama - I was mighty tempted to go for the GA Edge rusher, but I think Najee will be a difference maker.

36. Jaelan Phillips EDGE Miami (FL) - I suspect Phillips goes higher than this, but I think he would be an instant upgrade for Miami's pass rush.

49. Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU - Pitts and Marshall give Tua some big time weapons. If he fails with them on the offense, then maybe CC is right? Let's Do This Again, Shall We?  1f62c

50. Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama - Shift him to RT and move Hunt inside. Or move Jackson to RT and let Leatherwood be the LT.

These top five should be starters right off IMO. Or at the very least get major-league playing time.

I moved down from #81 for the 90 and the 134.

90. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater - I think the Phins like him, but that may be a smokescreen. he will need some time to develop I think. I would prefer the Center from GA, but here we have the "Gut"! Very Happy

134. Osa Odighizuwa DT UCLA - Strong DT to include in the D-line rotation.

156. Dazz Newsome WR North Carolina - Speedy slot WR who will take over once the Phins let Hakeem "Drop it like it's Hot" Grant go.

231. K.J. Britt LB Auburn - Depth LB - Might stick because he is a thumper and has good instincts. But probably not as athletic as Flores wants.

258. Brenden Jaimes OT Nebraska - Big - Depth OT

2022 LAC 1st - And I got back that 2nd 1st rounder in 2022 that Grier "foolishly" traded away to move back up to #6 overall!!!

Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:52 pm

white1 wrote:Relevant to our mock drafts and the players we have discussed...

I saw that both Chase and Terrance Marshall ran a 4.38 at LSU Pro day....

Reminds me of the story I read about Chuck Noll deciding to draft Franco over his Penn St. teammate Lydell Mitchell in '72 once he saw that they had the same 40 time, but Franco was 30 pounds heavier.

I too have taken Dazz in some of my drafts for the same reason (eventual Grant replacement).

If the real Fins draft is half as good as what you guys have done then maybe Grier can stay after all. He needs to be reading this forum to learn how it's done. Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:08 pm

Speaking of Najee Harris...

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2021/futures-alabama-rb-najee-harris

I still would never draft any RB in the first round in today's NFL, but I can at least see why you guys are tempted to.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:14 am

After the Pro Day... I can see why Chase is rated higher. He does look like Antonio Brown somewhat. Plus, he might be even shiftier with his feet.

Let's hope Grier and Flores are smart enough to get the combination right. If the Phins can hit these first two picks right, they could be set for the next few years.

Of course, they could still go OT I guess?

Sad
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:59 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Speaking of Najee Harris...

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2021/futures-alabama-rb-najee-harris

I still would never draft any RB in the first round in today's NFL, but I can at least see why you guys are tempted to.

Great article. I like the idea of Harris as someone that can "fill holes" on the offense. His receiving ability really adds another dimension to the offense, and his ability to change direction is just mind-boggling. I think he is the "safest" pick at 18. I like Etienne a lot, but the added size and power in Harris makes him a bit more special IMO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum