The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undrafted FAs

5 posters

Go down

Undrafted FAs Empty Undrafted FAs

Post by HalCHorn Sat May 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Robert Jones played RT at Middle Tennessee the past two years, projects to G in the NFL. I expected him to be drafted.

He's a good signing. Only one I've heard about so far.

I am surprised that Dylan Moses, Marvin Wilson, Cade Johnson and Austin Watkins went undrafted, to name a few. Charles Snowden too. RB Jaret Patterson is probably the best of the RB's left.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Undrafted FAs Empty Re: Undrafted FAs

Post by HalCHorn Sat May 01, 2021 11:44 pm

Ok, Jerome Johnson, Indiana DT, was also added.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun May 02, 2021 8:32 am

TE/FB Carl Tucker from it says Alabama and North Carolina?

Jaytlin Askew - DB - Ga Tech
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun May 02, 2021 11:10 am

Miami stocking up on OT. The feeling is if the player can play tackle they can make an easier transition to guard. College softball teams do something similar. They scout out Short stop because of athleticism and move them to different positions.

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun May 02, 2021 9:13 pm

Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL
Miami Dolphins went big for priority undrafted free agent Robert Jones: $130,000 guaranteed, $100,000 of his base salary guaranteed, plus $30,000 signing bonus @FirstRoundMgmt @PeterAriz #NFLDraft #MiamiDolphins
10:49 PM · May 1, 2021

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon May 03, 2021 3:52 pm

Is this it?

Are the Phins done?

I see several teams have LOADED UP On UFAs.

RB Jaret Patterson signed with WFT. Yes, that What Effin' Team it seems.

K J Costello, QB from Miss State is still unsigned it seems. I think he is worth a look.

DF316 - Your boy Felipe Franks is signing with the Falcons. No wonder they passed on a QB. They drafted Pitts and will
have Franks throwing him the football again! Razz

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 03, 2021 3:55 pm

The Dolphins didn't have many roster spots open, so not a lot of room for undrafted free agents. Good chance that they're done for now.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 03, 2021 5:03 pm

JMP wrote:The Dolphins didn't have many roster spots open, so not a lot of room for undrafted free agents.  Good chance that they're done for now.

Turns out the Phins had 7 open roster spots after the draft.

So far we have added:

OL Robert Jones
DL Jerome Johnson
H-back (TE/FB) Carl Tucker
CB Jaytlin Askew

The leaves 3 openings. My guess is that the Phins will sign a couple of veterans that get cut in the next week or so. Also keep an eye on some current veteran FAs like Melvin Ingram and KJ Wright. Jason McCourty is also available...not a need but Flores may want him since he was a Patriot.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon May 03, 2021 6:38 pm

It's going to be hard for mid level FA's to get on board. I'm sure they paid attention to the KVN experiment that might make some if not all balk at the chance to come to Miami. We will probably see one year guys that are on the back end of their career sign to get that one last paycheck (im thinking Cam Wake situation at TEN).
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue May 04, 2021 11:15 am

Yeah, I think that was one reason Grieir/Flores dumped the #156 pick for a pick next year.

They keep four or five guys from this draft (i am not sure about Doaks, the 7th rd OT is practice squad for sure),
and they still have room to sign a free agent or two, poach someone off another team's practice squad,
and/or from the cut down lists.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 04, 2021 11:38 am

I didn't realize Rex Burkhead is still a free agent. Could be worth a look. As a part-time role player, he does have a knack for making plays.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 04, 2021 11:42 am

Umix10 wrote:It's going to be hard for mid level FA's to get on board.  I'm sure they paid attention to the KVN experiment that might make some if not all balk at the chance to come to Miami.  We will probably see one year guys that are on the back end of their career sign to get that one last paycheck (im thinking Cam Wake situation at TEN).

The Van Noy situation won't impact our ability to sign FAs. He signed a big contract, got a nice chunk of money, and then got released after one year. That's life for NFL veterans these days - and it's not a bad gig at all to get a bucket-load of money for one season.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 06, 2021 4:53 pm

Phins signed Hall of Famer Mel Blount's son, Jibri Blount. He was a basketball player for North Carolina Central, and is transitioning to football as a Tight End. He's 6'7", 230.

This is the definition of "practice squad player"! LOL Gotta love the size and the bloodlines, and because of that he's worth trying to develop, but I believe we can file this one under "long shot"! Undrafted FAs 1f600

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down