The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No respect

+3
JMP
white1
CarsonChris
7 posters

Go down

No respect Empty No respect

Post by CarsonChris Wed May 12, 2021 9:32 pm

2 prime time games for Miami

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

No respect Empty Re: No respect

Post by white1 Thu May 13, 2021 8:35 am

Fine. We will have to prove it first.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu May 13, 2021 9:03 am

white1 wrote:Fine. We will have to prove it first.

7-9 Chargers 4 games. Either the NFL decided the Chargers are a better team or a better team to watch. A reflection upon QB play me thinks.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 13, 2021 9:20 am

I prefer Sunday afternoon games anyway, so fine with me. But the prime time love will come when we win.

The Chargers can watch their tall, strong-armed QB blow games in the 4th quarter in prime time - good for them!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu May 13, 2021 9:22 am

Even though the Dolphins went 10-6 and the 49ers went 6-10, NBC is airing no Dolphins games on Sunday night but is airing three 49ers games: Green Bay, Indianapolis and Seattle.

Minnesota (7-9) got two NBC Sunday night games, against Dallas and Green Bay. The Chargers (7-9) got one, against Pittsburgh.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article250986399.html

the truth is, current day Miami just isn't a good football TV market.  its ranked 42nd in population even behind non-NFL markets such as San Antonio (7), San Jose (10), Austin, TX (11), Columbus, OH (14), etc.  and its only 18th when you add in the overall Dade/Ft. Lauderdale TV market.  Both Tampa Bay and Jacksonville have made significant in-roads into what was historical Dolphins' TV markets.  Miami has a significantly diverse ethnic population that doesn't give a crap about American football.  even when Miami was relatively competitive in the late 90's and early 2000's, there were still concerns over lagging attendance and local market blackouts.  and years of mediocrity has withered the national (and local) fan base.

absent being a recent-history perennial playoff team (NE and Balt) or a major market (NY and Philly), the NFL primetime schedule typically skews to the TV markets west of the Mississippi due to the time differences.  There is a significant ratings drop off on the west coast when an east coast team plays in primetime, yet there is not that same drop off in the east coast market when a west coast team plays (hence all the SF, Seattle, Rams, Chargers, etc, primetime games).

but in the end, win and win big, and they eyeballs shall return.

mercury22nathan

Degarmo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 13, 2021 9:40 am

Thanks, merc - good to know we can watch the Niners lose a few games in primetime so we can see our 2022 draft picks get higher and higher!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

mercury22nathan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu May 13, 2021 11:59 am

JMP wrote:Thanks, merc - good to know we can watch the Niners lose a few games in primetime so we can see our 2022 draft picks get higher and higher!

Dang straight. I HOPE they bite the big one!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu May 13, 2021 5:00 pm

JMP wrote:Thanks, merc - good to know we can watch the Niners lose a few games in primetime so we can see our 2022 draft picks get higher and higher!

I like it.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu May 13, 2021 5:09 pm

When I moved out of Miami it was a completely different city in so many ways, but sports-wise, it's a terrible place. Bunch of bandwagon assholes that have no sense of history or even care. No one does even remotely well down there unless they win it all, and even then the Marlins only drew for the actual playoffs, and the Heat was just a fashion show that no one cared that much about the actual basketball.

Miami used to be a sports town, but it's a disgrace in that capacity now, and quite honestly, all four teams should move the hell out.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri May 14, 2021 8:50 am

Degarmo wrote:Miami used to be a sports town, but it's a disgrace in that capacity now, and quite honestly, all four teams should move the hell out.

most folks point to the 1987 fifteen mile move north from the Orange Bowl to the current stadium as the beginning of the end of Miami as a sports town.

mercury22nathan

Degarmo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri May 14, 2021 2:31 pm

To me, we just need to get to the 1 nationally televised game the Super Bowl. That's the only one that matters really. Although I admit, I have Directv but this will soon go away as Ive heard the NFL may not renew the tv contract with directv
Umix10
Umix10

Degarmo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri May 14, 2021 4:33 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Miami used to be a sports town, but it's a disgrace in that capacity now, and quite honestly, all four teams should move the hell out.

most folks point to the 1987 fifteen mile move north from the Orange Bowl to the current stadium as the beginning of the end of Miami as a sports town.

I'll tell you what, that's not far from the truth.  If it wasn't for Miami's pig-headed Mayor at the time, I believe it was Maurice Ferre, they could have hammered out a deal to renovate the Orange Bowl with Robbie.  I remember going to my first game in JRS after the move, and it wasn't the same, not even close.  It was an odd, sterile feeling, and it wasn't even close to being as loud.  Because at the time it was a multi-sport stadium, you were farther away from the field, and it felt like you were more detached from the games.

Plus, even though it seemed like nothing (15 miles) the traffic getting to and from that place was an abomination for anyone that lived south of there, which was a LOT of fans.  Granted, it's not like the other sports where there are a lot of weekday games, but still, it was a significant pain in the ass.

Nothing will ever touch the experience of seeing a football game in that dump of an Orange Bowl.  Zero amenities, and the stands were like prison bleachers, but there was no better home field advantage in the league.  That was a big part of the 'Canes and their rise to fame in the 80s.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri May 14, 2021 10:00 pm

SI has an article about the lack of respect and much of it is pointed at Tua's struggles last year

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sat May 15, 2021 4:04 am

Being from Hawaii, I gotta stick up for my guy.  The passing of Colt Brennan just makes me appreciate what Tua has accomplished coming from Hawaii.  

Tua will be fine.  He may or may not improve but he's done everything he can possibly do to improve.  No one 22years old can know what his fate will bring.  He controls his own destiny but he's certainly shown that he knows he needs to show improvement.

The Dolphins know that they had shortcomings on offense!  That's why they went out and tried to improve the receiver room and the OL.  The thing that I'm impressed by the most is that the organization understands what they need to improve the offense.  They are setting the "TEAM" up for success for the future.  It may or may not be Tua but the offense is looking better on paper for sure.  

Just my observation

What do you think?
Umix10
Umix10

Degarmo and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat May 15, 2021 9:45 am

Umix10 wrote:Being from Hawaii, I gotta stick up for my guy.  The passing of Colt Brennan just makes me appreciate what Tua has accomplished coming from Hawaii.  

Tua will be fine.  He may or may not improve but he's done everything he can possibly do to improve.  No one 22years old can know what his fate will bring.  He controls his own destiny but he's certainly shown that he knows he needs to show improvement.

The Dolphins know that they had shortcomings on offense!  That's why they went out and tried to improve the receiver room and the OL.  The thing that I'm impressed by the most is that the organization understands what they need to improve the offense.  They are setting the "TEAM" up for success for the future.  It may or may not be Tua but the offense is looking better on paper for sure.  

Just my observation

What do you think?

I agree. But the major thing last year was the injuries. The WR corps was depleted. The Oline just kept getting shuffled. If Parker could stay healthy, if Williams could stay healthy, heck even if Grant could stay healthy.

They got rid of "Wreck" Flowers. They upgraded at Center. And if Eichenberg can take over RT, that lets Hunt move inside, which is a SIGNIFICANT UPGRADE IMO.

Signing Fuller was a surprise to me. He is great...when healthy. But the problem with Parker is he can't stay healthy, so they go out and sign player who can't stay healthy.

I do agree the focus in the draft on getting Waddle was a good move. If Waddle is just a speck of Tyreek Hill, we may see the Miami offense suddenly TRANSFORMED. This is what I am hoping for.

Again, it all depends on Tua being the guy.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat May 15, 2021 5:27 pm

Umix10 wrote:Being from Hawaii, I gotta stick up for my guy.  The passing of Colt Brennan just makes me appreciate what Tua has accomplished coming from Hawaii.  

Just my observation

What do you think?

It does feel like Miami is building a championship caliber team. I would have tried to get a premier back vs a serviceable back. I still feel it's a need when the QB is unproven. Hopefully Tua turns a corner this year. Whichever QB we have had a decent team around him. If Tua fails it should be much easier to find a journeyman or draft another QB next year.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down