The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase

+5
CarsonChris
finfanatic
rightchea
mercury22nathan
JMP
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase  Empty Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase

Post by JMP Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:58 pm

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-adam-gase-jamal-adams-20200624-4vb2kyiqtndqrlnb36jt5brt4a-story.html

Manish Mehta wrote:...[Jamal] Adams’ discontent runs much deeper than simply finances. The Jets’ best player does not want to play for Gase anymore for myriad reasons, according to sources.

The prevailing sentiment in Gang Green’s locker room is clear: Players don’t respect Gase, who has rubbed them the wrong way with his inability to lead and lack of support. The mercurial head coach also drew the ire of a litany of players during his tenure with the Miami Dolphins.

Too many people on 1 Jets Drive — including players, coaches and front office members — don’t trust or believe in Gase, whose disingenuous bent hasn’t been lost on people in the organization. They painted a picture of an insecure figure always willing to point the finger at others for the team’s failings last season. No player, or person, was immune.

Gase’s dislike for long-time trainer John Mellody paved the way for the respected employee’s ouster (aka “reassignment”) last week, according to sources.

Some team sources believe that Sam Darnold and David Fales are among the few returning players that actually tolerate Gase, a stinging indictment of a coach who has been associated with losing cultures for the better part of his football life.

Gase has worked for six teams in 17 NFL seasons. He’s been a part of a team with a winning record in only four of those 17 seasons. Moreover, Gase has been part of a team with a winning record just once in 14 seasons without Peyton Manning on his team. His five offenses without Manning at the helm have finished 21st, 24th, 25th, 31st and 32nd, respectively.

That backdrop has raised plenty of eyebrows on 1 Jets Drive. Gase’s awkwardness and poor communication skills haven’t endeared him to players.

Some simply don’t believe that he’s fit to be a head coach. He doesn’t comport himself as anything more than a glorified quarterbacks coach, according to some people in the organization.

So, perhaps it shouldn’t be entirely surprising that the organizational instability under Gase played a significant role in Adams’ decision to ultimately request permission to seek a trade last week.

Adams is amenable to playing for teams with a sound infrastructure and stable leadership without a new contract in 2020, according to people in the know. His desire to be a part of a turnaround with the Jets soured, in part, due to his lack of faith in Gase.

A bulk of the Jets locker room shares Adams’ sentiment. There’s a strong belief in the organization that the Jets will never become a winner as long a Gase is in charge. Most of all, people in the building believe that Gase’s desire for self-preservation will trump all else.

His mere presence is playing a role in driving away the organization’s best player.

Obviously this is a poorly-written piece with no real evidence...but it's the best thing I've read in ages!! LOL Love it! I love you

It hasn't taken very long for the people covering the Jets to realize what we all knew years ago: ADAM GASE IS A FRAUD! Fuck the Jets, and fuck Adam Gase. This is simply fantastic and I can't wait for things to get even worse in the Jets' locker room! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

scotgif likes this post

Back to top Go down

Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase  Empty Re: Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:24 am

this is awesome, i can't wait to sit back and watch it implode.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase  Empty Re: Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase

Post by rightchea Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:17 am

I not surprised at all by what is happening. But at the same time I don't like the way Jamal Adams is handling this situation. He needs to be more professional but I guess being apart of the Jets organization you don't know no better

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:44 am

Some Jets players are denying that Gase is a problem, but that's what they have to say. I'm sure he's pissed off a lot of players, as he does everywhere he goes.

As for Adams, I don't like the way he's handling this situation either, but that's how these modern-day athletes are: they want as much money as possible, as soon as possible, and they want to dictate the terms. I get it - the teams can do whatever the hell they want with a player's contract, so why shouldn't the players have a say too? But guys like Adams just come across as greedy and selfish.

The fact that Adams is a safety really hurts his case. In today's NFL, safeties really aren't valued as highly as they were a few years ago. Think about it: off the top of your head, name the best safties in the league right now. It's not easy. There's no Ed Reeds around anymore. Adams is a really good player, maybe even great...but he's a safety. It's just not a high priority position right now in a league where teams regularly play 5-6 DBs at a time.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:08 am

Yep. When your belief in your own omnipotence starts interfering with your ability to do the job, YOU are the problem.

Gase is stupidly arrogant IMO. Good QB Coach, but other then that, not so much. He especially lack any form of inter-personal skills.

Just some great schadenfreude here. The more the Jets are in turmoil, the more I like it. Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:37 am

Just piling on because i hate the Jets so much...

Where do you even begin with the Adam Gase of it all? What we see playing out with Gase and Adams, the Jets’ best player and the franchise’s head coach, is as laughable as it is predictable. Adams, one of the best young defensive players in the league, wants to leave because apparently he can’t stand working with Gase – and many of his teammates are said to feel the same.

If this isn’t a microcosm of Jets Football, nothing is. The ownership chose to employ Gase after he had been fired by their divisional rivals, the Miami Dolphins. He was an embattled, belligerent coach with a losing record who alienated the locker room in Florida. And guess what happened when he came to New York? Yep, he has become an embattled, belligerent coach with a losing record who has alienated the locker room.

The Jets’ incompetence doesn’t stop there though. They have consistently chopped and changed directions over the years. One season, the organization is ready and willing to embrace the draft and develop model. The next, it’s a return to lobbing big paydays at ageing stars. Splitting between the two tracks has left them with a roster bereft of difference-makers.

It’s easy – and fun! – to blame Gase for the Jets’ ills, but it’s the wretched ownership who will still be there when he is inevitable fired. Still, it’s not like anyone is stupid enough to give them responsibility beyond running a football team.

https://sports.yahoo.com/incompetence-outright-villainy-nfls-worst-090018536.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:40 pm

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:55 pm

I wanted us to keep the linebacker interim coach.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:11 pm

Dan Campbell? He will be a good head coach someday. I agree with you, also. Would have rather watched Campbell get a legitimate shot vs the Adam Gase experience we suffered through instead.

Ultimately, I'm not sure Campbell would have been able to succeed. Ross had not yet learned his lesson and the power structure was too broken to make the team anything better than marginal. There were still guys like Tannenbaum circling the team waiting for their chance to grab power, and football guys like Grier were far down the totem pole.

But to reiterate, yes - Campbell was my choice also. He had the team playing with some fire and heart. He needed some Xs and Os help but we could have given him that in some veteran coordinators.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:56 pm

I say that Campbell will have to wait at least another 3 to 4 years before getting the recognition that he would need to find that want to work with him

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:43 pm

white1 wrote:But to reiterate, yes - Campbell was my choice also.  He had the team playing with some fire and heart.  He needed some Xs and Os help but we could have given him that in some veteran coordinators.

That's...not how I remember it. The first six quarters with Campbell were absolutely glorious, with the Fins obliterating the Titans and Texans by a combined 79-10 Shocked Shocked Shocked

After that, however, they settled into the same old pattern and if anything, started getting blown out on a regular basis more than they ever had under Philbin. In fact, the rest of that season only two teams had a worse point differential than Miami. The two other wins Campbell managed were by a grand total of 3 combined points and extremely lucky, over the 5-win Ravens and 7-win Eagles. Neither team has had a worse record since.

http://pfref.com/tiny/IEJ8j

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2015.htm

In fact, to that point in time, the Campbell Fins had the second worst point differential from games 7 to 16 of any Fins team since the 16-game schedule was implemented in '78. And again, this includes the 10-point win over the Pats that came out of nowhere. Also, only one other time before 2015 had the Fins been outscored by more over the final ten games, period.

http://pfref.com/tiny/Lo3i1

http://pfref.com/tiny/mU2Ka

Yes, under Gase the Fins continued the pattern of being blown out regularly, but at least Gase had this weird luck that got them to the playoffs anyway the very next season. No way would Campbell have done any better. And as bad a coach as Gase is, he again showed an uncanny knack for winning more than he should have, squeezing 6 and 7 wins out of a 2-3 win roster at best the next two seasons. Again, how would Campbell have done any better under the circumstances?

If Campbell was such a hot head coaching prospect, another team surely would've hired him in the last five years. But it seems to me his one strength is his manly mentality, and that's gone out of style since 2015 to say the least Crying or Very sad There's just no evidence he's good or even average at the game-planning aspect of the job. And I liked the guy.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:50 pm

Speaking of Gase, looks like his strange luck has continued (I know that win over the Fins was lucky as hell). The Jets were outscored by 83 points and yet had 7 wins, while the 5-win Cards were outscored by 81 and the 3-win Lions by 82. At this point there may seriously not be any other coach in NFL history that's won more games than his actual coaching acumen says he should have.

http://pfref.com/tiny/ZiqOk

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:10 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Speaking of Gase, looks like his strange luck has continued (I know that win over the Fins was lucky as hell). The Jets were outscored by 83 points and yet had 7 wins, while the 5-win Cards were outscored by 81 and the 3-win Lions by 82. At this point there may seriously not be any other coach in NFL history that's won more games than his actual coaching acumen says he should have.

http://pfref.com/tiny/ZiqOk

That is incredibly strange luck. And make no mistake: it IS luck. The way the Gase Phins and Jets have won games is often mind-boggling and nonsensical.

Oh, and fuck Gase.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:02 pm

Adam Gase is an Adderall chewing, simp, narcissistic moron. He will soon be out of head coaching, but unless he pulls a Lane Kiffin, he'll coach in the league for another 20 years because it's just a big club.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:12 pm

Degarmo wrote:Adam Gase is an Adderall chewing, simp, narcissistic moron.  He will soon be out of head coaching, but unless he pulls a Lane Kiffin, he'll coach in the league for another 20 years because it's just a big club.

USED to be a big club. Not anymore for...reasons. Then again there won't be an NFL in five years, I am convinced of that.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:16 pm

They still hire each other regardless of terribleocitude.  It's still a big coaches' club.  

Listen, they have to have an NFL, we need a place to worship giant pieces of shit in society, wife beaters, thugs, gang members, murderers, drug dealers, overtly rich white-collar criminal douchebag owners, and we also need the controversy so we can continue arguing amongst one another over really important things like kneeling and flag disrespect, because handing out $6.2 Trillion to the Stock Market doesn't seem to bother anyone, but some idiot cashing in on his beliefs (see Colin Kap's new Netflix deal) is the worst thing ever.  Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:20 pm

Glad to have you back cheers cheers cheers I missed this level of irascibility Very Happy

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:40 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Glad to have you back cheers cheers cheers I missed this level of irascibility Very Happy
I was voted "most likely to be irascible" in my high school yearbook, of which I GED'd out of early to just go to college instead. Kind of got tired of the indoctrination system, and after two knee surgeries back in the 80s, my "playing days" were done. So, no need to wait out senior year. I hated high school anyway.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:29 pm

BLOCKBUSTER: Jets traded Jamal Adams to the Seahawks. Jets got a player, a 1st and 3rd in 2021, and a 1st in 2022. Hate to say it, but the Jets pulled off a great trade here.

Before the trade, Adams said this about Gase:

“I don’t feel like he’s the right leader for this organization to reach the Promised Land,” Adams said. “As a leader, what really bothers me is that he doesn’t have a relationship with everybody in the building.

“At the end of the day, he doesn’t address the team,” Adams added. “If there’s a problem in the locker room, he lets another coach address the team. If we’re playing sh---y and we’re losing, he doesn’t address the entire team as a group at halftime. He’ll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it.”

Gase’s recent claim that his relationship with Adams “has been good since the time I’ve gotten here” and “there’s been a lot of dialogue between us” appears to be the latest in a series of exaggerations and/or prevarications. Adams told the News that he hasn’t spoken to Gase since his exit interview on the day after the end of the regular season (Dec. 30).

Gase did not respond to a message for comment.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jamal-adams-trade-joe-douglas-contract-extension-20200724-vc6zwwpmjrepjii67hojt2t5ri-story.html

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:47 pm

I not surprised that is was traded. To be honest this was probably the best thing for the Jets and Adams. He wouldn't played well if he was with the Jets and Adam Gase is a horrible coach so he would have put him out there on purpose

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:53 pm

But the real issue is, has anybody called Gase a racist yet?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:10 am

and now Le'Veon Bell is taking shots a Adams on Twitter for leaving. and Adams fired back. you'll have to read the below article for the actual tweets...

New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell sounded surprised and betrayed upon hearing the news Saturday that Jamal Adams had been traded to the Seattle Seahawks.

Shortly after the trade was reported, Bell fired off a shot at Adams on Twitter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29538008/jets-rb-leveon-bell-aims-shot-jamal-adams-trade-saga

so wait a minute...the guy who up and sat out on the Steelers so he could get paid is now mad that another player did what he had to do to get paid. isn't that just a little bit hypocritical?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:07 pm

It's a disaster, and I'm loving it!

While I agree the Jets got a great haul in this trade, Adams is a probowl caliber player and you generally don't want to let talent walk out of the building. Cowherd was pretty critical in his podcast, expressing disbelief that somehow the Jets seem to hate their best players and don't ever sign them long term.

No different than us letting Minkah go last year, it was not the best move to make, but once a player's relationship with the team is fractured - many times you cannot repair it.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:35 am

is it sadistic to think that i almost love crapping on the Jets as much as i love cheering on the Phins?

anyways, more proof that Adams desire to leave the Jets was about more than just money.

Giving up a package that includes two first-round picks leaves no doubt that the Seattle Seahawks want Jamal Adams around long-term, but multiple sources told ESPN on Tuesday that the team is in no rush to sign the All-Pro safety to an extension.

The Seahawks plan to wait until next year, the sources said, as opposed to making a massive financial commitment amid the current uncertainty about how much the NFL's salary cap will drop in upcoming seasons because of revenue shortfalls caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Adams understands the Seahawks' position on his contract, a source said, adding that the trade wouldn't have happened if the safety were going to insist on an extension from Seattle right away.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29556563/seahawks-wait-signing-jamal-adams-extension

Jets: we want to wait on your extension.
Adams: fuck no. i want out of this shithole.
(trade)
Seattle: we want to wait on your extension.
Adams: that's cool.

HAHAHA!!!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:05 pm

white1 wrote:

No different than us letting Minkah go last year, it was not the best move to make, but once a player's relationship with the team is fractured - many times you cannot repair it.

At least in the Phins' case, Minkah wasn't anywhere close to a star player when we traded him...he was nothing more than a JAG at that point. Adams is a legit playmaker and top 3 - if not #1 - at his position. That's a colossal loss for the Jets - even if the trade was excellent IMO from their perspective.

But yeah, once that relationship deteriorates t is best for everyone to move on.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next