The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th of July for Perry

+2
JMP
mercury22nathan
6 posters

Go down

4th of July for Perry Empty 4th of July for Perry

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:30 am

kind of nice to see that not all young athletes share the Kaepernick opinion of this country...and there is at least one media outlet willing to share that opinion:

To me, the Fourth of July is a day where we can reflect on those who gave their lives defending this country and all the freedoms we have. Not only those who gave their lives, but also the ones overseas actively fighting and defending the country with families back home.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/07/05/mmqb-malcolm-perry-guest-column-fourth-of-july

thank you Malcolm Perry.

this is basically the same thing Drew Brees said when asked why he personally doesn't kneel during the anthem...and of course he was crushed for that response.

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

4th of July for Perry Empty Re: 4th of July for Perry

Post by JMP Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:12 am

cheers cheers cheers Just plain awesome. It is really hard to not root for Perry. I hope he somehow makes the team and contributes.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:56 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:this is basically the same thing Drew Brees said when asked why he personally doesn't kneel during the anthem...and of course he was crushed for that response.

And then proved why he'd never cut it in the military by completely caving and allowing himself to be metaphorically castrated. Which is why I lost all respect for him, consider him to be a traitor to not only America, but humanity as a whole, and am glad he's retired.

I suspect now that the "proper" old white straight male is president all the kneeling will disappear, just like that.

As for Perry I'd forgotten all about him as well but hope he contributes since this team needs all the offensive weapons they can get. I wonder why he's not a candidate for returner. Or maybe he is and I haven't been paying attention.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:12 pm

I agree all around. It sure is nice to see not everyone is a flaming idiot.

I really hope Perry gets a chance to claim the KR/PR duties.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:31 am

Where do I get my Perry jersey?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:34 pm

I have to think Perry has an uphill battle to make the final roster. There are a million WRs, a bunch of RBs and several returners. He needs to take advantage of every single opportunity he gets in order to have a shot. Really curious to see how he's developed since last season.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:01 pm

Agree. To me, his best shot is to make it as a RB somehow. I can't see the team releasing Brown or Doaks. However, Gaskin / Ahmed are virtually the same back. Perry has to bring something to the table over Ahmed to make the roster, I think.

The receiver room is way too crowded for me to think he's got a viable shot to make the team there. Maybe practice squad?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:35 pm

I've said this several times, but unless Ahmed miraculously learns how to block, I don't see him making the team. There's simply not enough "special" about him to justify his awful blocking.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:00 pm

Yeah, I suspect Perry will not make it, but you never know...

I do expect some team might pick him up and utilize him for his versatility.

Doaks better have a good camp I am thinking. I hear they really like the Gaskin/Ahmed tandem.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:07 pm

finfanatic wrote:Yeah, I suspect Perry will not make it, but you never know...

I do expect some team might pick him up and utilize him for his versatility.

Doaks better have a good camp I am thinking. I hear they really like the Gaskin/Ahmed tandem.

To me, the tandem is Gaskin/Brown...two backs with very different skillsets that complement each other. A Gaskin/Ahmed tandem doesn't make sense at all to me. Ahmed is essentially a lesser version of Gaskin, but with crap blocking skills.

Hopefully Doaks can provide some competition for Brown early...and then maybe Gaskin, eventually. But ye..let's see how he looks in camp before we start dreaming! LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down