The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy 4th Of July, Whoever Can Read This!!!

+3
finfanatic
JMP
DolFan 316
7 posters

Go down

Happy 4th Of July, Whoever Can Read This!!!  Empty Happy 4th Of July, Whoever Can Read This!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:38 pm

I still can't believe I'm the only one who can access this site without a problem. Hoping that gets fixed ASAP.

My sister's birthday was the 2nd. (She was supposed to be born on the 4th but I'm glad she wasn't, because I'd have never heard the end of it.) We had a nice brunch today with my mom, brother in law and nephews. It was even nicer since I didn't have to pay ($45 per person for six, plus tax and tips, you do the math). My nephews are FINALLY getting along after fighting their whole lives, even if it mostly means they act really silly together. This was actually the first time in over 2 years I'd eaten in a restaurant and I needed to get out of the house in the worst way. Afterwards my brother in law took us to his latest job site (he's a structural engineer) which turned into a tour of downtown Memphis so we managed to make a day of it and then topped it off with the traditional giving of cards (card-giving is a big thing in our family). Hope everything is going as well as possible with you guys! cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Happy 4th Of July, Whoever Can Read This!!!  Empty Re: Happy 4th Of July, Whoever Can Read This!!!

Post by JMP Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:25 pm

All is well here and I am not having any issues with the site. I'll see if I can find anything out, but I have never really had to do any maintenance with the site so I'm not even sure what to do.

Anyway, that's great stuff 316! I was at my parents house today with my wife and kids and one of my brothers and my niece. Non-stop eating and drinking, and tons of fireworks in the neighborhood! Good times!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Happy 4th Of July, Whoever Can Read This!!!  Empty Re: Happy 4th Of July, Whoever Can Read This!!!

Post by finfanatic Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:02 pm

Happy Belated 4th.

I grilled. Humidity in LA... Lower Alabama... was normal....or around 90-95% it felt like!

Family came over.

New grandbaby is just starting to walk, so that was fun.

Somebody celebrated the 5th as well. I got awakened around 1:30 AM by some very loud fireworks in the neighborhood.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:39 pm

Made me think of this meme I saw recently:

Happy 4th Of July, Whoever Can Read This!!!  658779a39d0c763271219ba1c822fb55

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:11 pm

Happy couple days after Independence Day!

Went to 2 BBQ this weekend. Almost got blown up at the first one. Someone brought a homemade canon and put their partial bottle of gun powder next to the pit BBQ. Luckily nobody was injured.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:44 pm

Homemade cannon??? Was it a BBQ or a war??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:41 am

Well I am in fine, now.

The issue was likely large enough (probably the forum host application and the ad handoff) that they diagnosed and fixed.

Happy Fourth!

I was in the Catskills, upstate NY visiting family. Weather was great - nice to take a break from the heat high was in the low 70s and cool at night.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:57 am

I can access this site regularly but it has been taken over with Ads and Popups. The one thing I notice I do get logged out even though I state stay logged in.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:20 pm

Yeah, I'm fine with the ad pops and all that but this was clearly a "defect".

Before it was fixed All I could see was the ad, it would not let me proceed to the site at all. Only affected my PC, the phone browser on iOS worked fine.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:54 pm

As long as everyone is in! Like I said, I have no clue how to troubleshoot anything on this site...so I'm glad I didn't have to!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:43 pm

JEGnj wrote:I can access this site regularly but it has been taken over with Ads and Popups. The one thing I notice I do get logged out even though I state stay logged in.

I clear my history/cache on a regular basis to avoid my PC getting clogged and bogged down, and that happens every time I do but I don't mind.

White1, I am officially jealous Mad Razz The restaurant I went to was in a hotel (the Peabody) and inside it was fine but literally the instant I stepped out it was like being smothered with a thick heavy electric blanket that was also somehow waterlogged. Probably a 30-degree temp difference, not even joking.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:29 pm

no problems here, just been taking a breather.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:38 pm

The Peabody! Did you have the duck?

Laughing

I went in there on my last trip to Memphis, but stayed at a hotel down the street a ways. We ate at that BBQ joint across from the Peabody?
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:07 pm

finfanatic wrote:The Peabody!  Did you have the duck?

Laughing

I went in there on my last trip to Memphis, but stayed at a hotel down the street a ways. We ate at that BBQ joint across from the Peabody?

Wait...WHAT?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Just how many times have you been to Memphis without telling me???

And yes, I've seen the ducks come out a time or two. I've even been to where they stay on the roof.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:16 pm

Two or three times.

I am not doing hardware anymore so I don't have to go to my company's location in Arkansas.

I still haven't made it to the Bass Pro Shop.

Maybe one day.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:44 pm

I still haven't made it to the Bass Pro Shop.

I was in Colorado for my son's lacrosse tournament and visited my brother in Colorado. If you're in those mountain states, look for Scheels. It makes Bass Pro Shop look like a mom and pop operation. Impressive!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down