The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trill Williams

3 posters

Go down

Trill Williams Empty Trill Williams

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:10 pm

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Trill Williams Empty Re: Trill Williams

Post by JMP Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:44 am

Cool play, but how is that any better than Iggy's PBU or open-field tackle? scratch

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:57 am

JMP wrote:Cool play, but how is that any better than Iggy's PBU or open-field tackle?  scratch

Because it prevented that player from even having the ball thrown his way. It's the difference between dodging a bullet and preventing the gun from being fired to begin with.

I saw Iggy's breakup. He got lucky. 9 times out of 10 he gets called for PI because he didn't turn his head to locate the ball. And I'm far from the only one to notice that.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:24 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Cool play, but how is that any better than Iggy's PBU or open-field tackle?  scratch

Because it prevented that player from even having the ball thrown his way. It's the difference between dodging a bullet and preventing the gun from being fired to begin with.

I saw Iggy's breakup. He got lucky. 9 times out of 10 he gets called for PI because he didn't turn his head to locate the ball. And I'm far from the only one to notice that.

That second hit that Trill delivered was beyond 5 yards and could easily have been a penalty. Gotta be smarter than that.

Iggy did turn his head at the perfect moment. Excellent coverage and great play.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:27 pm

Great play by Trill. With a deep backfield I hope he makes the roster.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:05 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Great play by Trill. With a deep backfield I hope he makes the roster.

It'll be interesting to see which DBs they keep...it is a VERY deep group for sure. I've heard some good things about Javaris Davis this summer, and Jamal Perry has reportedly played well too.

I don't know if they are cross-training Trill at both CB and S, but if so that would definitely give him an edge.

Speaking of safety, Clayton Fejedelem made some plays on Saturday and apparently has looked good in camp - and he's a special teams ace.

I see the DBs as that are in the running for a roster spot as:
Howard (lock)
Byron Jones (lock)
Needham (lock)
Coleman (lock)
Iggy (lock)
Perry
Trill
Rowe (lock)
Holland (lock)
McCourty (lock)
Brandon Jones (lock)
Fejedelem

We can (and will) of course argue over Iggy's lock status, but I really don't think he's getting cut/traded. LeBlanc and Davis are also in the mix, but I'd have to think they are behind the guys I listed above.

I don't recall how many DBs the Phins kept last season...anyone know?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:38 pm

JMP wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Great play by Trill. With a deep backfield I hope he makes the roster.

It'll be interesting to see which DBs they keep...it is a VERY deep group for sure. I've heard some good things about Javaris Davis this summer, and Jamal Perry has reportedly played well too.

I don't know if they are cross-training Trill at both CB and S, but if so that would definitely give him an edge.

Speaking of safety, Clayton Fejedelem made some plays on Saturday and apparently has looked good in camp - and he's a special teams ace.

I see the DBs as that are in the running for a roster spot as:
Howard (lock)
Byron Jones (lock)
Needham (lock)
Coleman (lock)
Iggy (lock)
Perry
Trill
Rowe (lock)
Holland (lock)
McCourty (lock)
Brandon Jones (lock)
Fejedelem

We can (and will) of course argue over Iggy's lock status, but I really don't think he's getting cut/traded. LeBlanc and Davis are also in the mix, but I'd have to think they are behind the guys I listed above.

I don't recall how many DBs the Phins kept last season...anyone know?

It's still to early to cut Iggy. It's not like first round picks grow on trees. He needs this year to develop. Hopefully he matures and gets in the film room. I think he has the physical tools but the mental portion of the game is lacking.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:29 am

Yep, I think you nailed it - it's the mental part with Iggy. That should get better with reps/experience, but as we all know some guys never get it. He's very young, though - so there is hope that he'll mature. But he needs to do it sooner than later.

This article from a few months ago is a pretty cool take on Iggy from the coaches:

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/what-is-the-ceiling-for-miami-dolphins-cornerback-noah-igbinoghene

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down