The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CB Trill Williams out, Mackensie Alexander signed

3 posters

Go down

CB Trill Williams out, Mackensie Alexander signed Empty CB Trill Williams out, Mackensie Alexander signed

Post by CarsonChris Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:56 pm

Bad news, Trill Williams out for the year with a torn ACL.
Iggy may make the team.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

CB Trill Williams out, Mackensie Alexander signed Empty Re: CB Trill Williams out, Mackensie Alexander signed

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:30 pm

How sad is it that my knee-jerk reaction upon seeing this was being more depressed that Iggy was going to make the team than Williams being hurt? And I STILL think somebody else needs to make it over Iggy, that's how much of a bust he's been! Iggy makes Terrell Fletcher look like prime Deion!

It makes me think Iggy was actually rooting for this and even maybe sticking pins in a Trill Williams voodoo doll. As usual, I'm not joking.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

CB Trill Williams out, Mackensie Alexander signed Empty Re: CB Trill Williams out, Mackensie Alexander signed

Post by JMP Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:36 am

Yeah, that sucks, Trill was coming along nicely and IMO had just about secured a rooster spot.

There are a lot of older veteran corners available in free agency. Not sure how good any of these guys are at this point, but Joe Haden, Xavier Rhodes, Chris Harris, Trae Waynes, Janoris Jenkins, Kevin King and AJ Bouye are all unisgned.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:40 pm

Dolphins sign former Vikings CB Mackensie Alexander.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/15/dolphins-sign-mackensie-alexander/

Cornerback Mackensie Alexander grew up in Florida and he’s headed back to his home state to continue his NFL career.

Alexander’s agent David Canter announced that Alexander has signed with the Dolphins. There’s no word on the terms of the deal.

Alexander was a 2016 second-round pick by the Vikings and spent four seasons in Minnesota before moving on to the Bengals as a free agent. He returned to the Vikings last season and appeared in 16 games.

Over all six of his pro seasons, Alexander has recorded 201 tackles, 4.5 sacks and three interceptions in 84 career games.

Alexander was a high-upside player coming out of Clemson, but hasn't exactly lit up the league. Still, he is solid experienced depth. I'm OK with the signing.

I think someone on this board really liked him during the draft process...was it Carson??

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:32 pm

This is all the proof you need that the team has absolutely ZERO confidence in Iggy.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:17 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:This is all the proof you need that the team has absolutely ZERO confidence in Iggy.

With X, Jones and Needham as the surefire top 3 corners, I'd say that Iggy was probably #5 or 6 at the position before this acquisition. Now with Alexander here, he drops to 6 or 7. That's, um, not good for Iggy. He's got an uphill battle, and didn't help himself in game 1.

And Alexander really isn't anything special. As a #4 or 5 corner, I'll take him - but I am not expecting anything more than that. At least he does have starting experience if it comes to that.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:57 am

Travis Wingfield
@WingfieldNFL

Coach says he wants to see Mackenzie Alexander play in their scheme before he makes a decision on what his role will be. Says you know what he's done in other schemes, but needs to see how it translates here with regards to playing inside/outside.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:28 am

I know this isn't an Iggy thread, but:

Ruthie Polinsky
@ruthiepolinsky

Mike McDaniel on Noah Igbinoghene: “I’ve been impressed by his internal fortitude.”

McDaniel is asking of him: Always compete, have no memory, be cut throat, trust all of his training. When he’s being passive, McDaniel tells him “hey, that’s not you.”
9:58 AM · Aug 16, 2022

Reading between the lines, it sounds to me like McDaniel views him as a bottom-of-the-roster player that can become so much more if the light ever goes on. So maybe he sticks on the roster for now and just doesn't see the field unless he begins to show consistency? He's still only 22 I think, so maybe you keep him around another season and hope he matures???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:38 am

JMP wrote:I know this isn't an Iggy thread, but:

Ruthie Polinsky
@ruthiepolinsky

Mike McDaniel on Noah Igbinoghene: “I’ve been impressed by his internal fortitude.”

McDaniel is asking of him: Always compete, have no memory, be cut throat, trust all of his training. When he’s being passive, McDaniel tells him “hey, that’s not you.”
9:58 AM · Aug 16, 2022

Reading between the lines, it sounds to me like McDaniel views him as a bottom-of-the-roster player that can become so much more if the light ever goes on.  So maybe he sticks on the roster for now and just doesn't see the field unless he begins to show consistency?  He's still only 22 I think, so maybe you keep him around another season and hope he matures???

This is one of those times a barfing emoji is desperately needed.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:43 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

This is one of those times a barfing emoji is desperately needed.

Yeah, at this point I'm done with him, but I can understand the logic of keeping him as the last DB on the roster given his age and skillset. Hell, someone has to be on the inactive list each week! LOL We'll see - he hasn't made the team yet.

Sticking with the subject of DBs, the Bucs just cut Ross Cockrell. Special teams ace who can play safety and nickle corner and has started almost 40 games in the NFL. Could be worth a look since we currently have an open roster spot.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down