The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armando Leaving The Herald

+3
HalCHorn
JMP
DolFan 316
7 posters

Go down

Armando Leaving The Herald Empty Armando Leaving The Herald

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:20 pm

Welp, that came out of nowhere Shocked Shocked Shocked Doing this right before the season starts strongly suggests to me that he's not leaving by choice. Or rather, he's choosing to leave/being forced out because things got too unbearable for him there. Too much wokeness? Didn't take the jab? Both?

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article253525079.html

I shudder to think about (gasp) OMAR being the most well-known team columnist now affraid affraid affraid

Say what you want about the guy (seriously, please do) but as far as I can tell, Armando was the only one calling out Kaepernick for his Castro fanboyism and exposing him for the communist he really was all along. I never had any problem with him and in fact liked how he'd sometimes borrow ideas and opinions from us because I found it flattering.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Armando Leaving The Herald Empty Re: Armando Leaving The Herald

Post by JMP Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:39 pm

Armando left the Herald to take a job with internet site OutKick, which I've never heard of but is apparently a right-wing political and sports site. Newspapers are dead, and their internet presence is dying, and I bet OutKick gave Armando a nice $ deal to add legitimacy to their sports coverage.

I used to like Armando a lot, but in recent years he's spent a lot of time making shit up or just flat-out lying. I can't blame him...seems like all the newspaper guys do that to try to keep up with the social media guys that break stories immediately.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/armando-salguero-leaves-miami-herald-to-join-right-wing-pundit-clay-travis-12735409

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:55 pm

So I was right and the Herald really WAS too woke for him!

What exactly is "right wing" anymore these days? That seems to be the catchall label for anybody who rightfully speaks out against global tyranny and points out how absurd things are getting today. Good for Armando, I say! Instead of waiting to get fired after the inevitable false accusation of (pick one) racism/groping a female coworker, he read the room and devised an exit strategy to get out on his own terms. I hope I'm able to do the same when the time comes.

BTW what exactly has Armando lied about recently? I honestly don't know. And it has to be an obvious lie, as opposed to an opinion that someone thinks is wrong.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:50 pm

OutKick was founded by Clay Travis. While he does generally take the anti-woke position now used to be an Obama voter and says that 2020 is the first time he has voted Republican in a presidential election, FWIW. (He voted for Johnson in 2016, something I have in common with him) Travis is now hosting a radio show with Buck Sexton which, while I haven't heard it, likely appeals to a conservative audience since it is essentially the replacement for Limbaugh on its network.  I agree with him more often than I disagree, FWIW.

Armando probably needed the change in scenery; I think he'll be a good addition.  The OutKick site is generally worth taking a look at daily--I'll put it this way, I never read Florio or ESPN anymore, OutKick is a fine alternative.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:05 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Armando probably needed the change in scenery; I think he'll be a good addition.  The OutKick site is generally worth taking a look at daily--I'll put it this way, I never read Florio or ESPN anymore, OutKick is a fine alternative.

Pro Football Talk became nothing more than a vaccine propaganda site months ago and I've been off espn.com for ages so I'm with you cheers cheers cheers

Maybe this Outkick site is some place besides here that I can actually read about sports without getting constantly hit over the head with far left wokism.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:15 pm

Thanks for the info, Hal. I had never heard of OutKick before. Sounds like a site to check out.

As for Armando's lies, if I recall correctly he is the one who started the "Dolphins are planning to tank the season" and "the players don't trust Flores" fake news stories in 2019. I believe he's also the one that started the "locker room is against Tua" BS. In all these stories, he hid behind the infamous "anonymous sources"...which is one of the biggest cop-outs in the media: say whatever you want, label it fact, and attribute it to...well, no one.

Anyway, like I said, I was always an Armando supporter and I don't hold it against him - he did what he had to do to stay relevant. I wish him the best and I'm sure I'll continue to check out his writing. He is a legend in Miami sports, love him or hate him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:31 pm

I hold his transgressions/lying/etc. against him. I'm not going to start trading integrity for paychecks and all that shit that's ruining everything on a daily basis.

He wants to be a hack elsewhere, let him hack it up at whatever second-rate internet shithole he chooses. There aren't but one or two places worth looking at anymore anyway.

Anyway, as long as this site is up and running, he'll have Dolphins material to steal Wink.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:34 am

Degarmo wrote:I hold his transgressions/lying/etc. against him.  I'm not going to start trading integrity for paychecks and all that shit that's ruining everything on a daily basis.

He wants to be a hack elsewhere, let him hack it up at whatever second-rate internet shithole he chooses.  There aren't but one or two places worth looking at anymore anyway.

Anyway, as long as this site is up and running, he'll have Dolphins material to steal Wink.

Yeah, I used to be pissed at him, but now I just shrug my shoulders. Trying to find integrity in the media is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

But yes, I'm sure he'll continue to pull his stories from message boards like this one...just wish he gave us credit! Cool

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:38 am

Hey, Jason Cole ripped a couple of things from my stories at the old site during the Wanny Error with no shoutout. I guess it has gone with the territory for quite some time in the "legacy media".

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:14 pm

For Armando, sounds like the new gig is just a better opportunity. I can't believe he was "forced out", I'm sure he drove quite a bit of traffic and subscribers to The Herald.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:55 pm

white1 wrote:For Armando, sounds like the new gig is just a better opportunity.  I can't believe he was "forced out", I'm sure he drove quite a bit of traffic and subscribers to The Herald.

He was forced out. It's the only explanation as to why he would leave now right when the season's about to start. When far leftists want you gone, you're going to be gone. At least Armando was smart enough to quit before the inevitable false accusation got him fired. This move was not done on the spur of the moment. I'm guessing it was weeks if not months in the making.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:57 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
white1 wrote:For Armando, sounds like the new gig is just a better opportunity.  I can't believe he was "forced out", I'm sure he drove quite a bit of traffic and subscribers to The Herald.

He was forced out. It's the only explanation as to why he would leave now right when the season's about to start. When far leftists want you gone, you're going to be gone. At least Armando was smart enough to quit before the inevitable false accusation got him fired. This move was not done on the spur of the moment. I'm guessing it was weeks if not months in the making.

I don't think he was forced out at all. I think he jumped at the chance to leave a dying dinosaur and join and up-and-coming platform. Probably got a nice raise, too.

JMP
Admin

HalCHorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:31 pm

Legacy/MS Media is rapidly going downhill.  So much of it would embarrass mid-20th century Pravda these days so it's easy to see why.  I think the 2016 election--in which all but 6 out of the 400 largest newspapers endorsed a candidate only to see that candidate rejected--pretty much said it all.  They haven't improved since then, or made any effort to see why people have rejected the POV being pushed.  They simply turned off the feedback mechanism(s).  Basically, virtually all of MSM is geared towards telling you what to think IMO with no attempt to connect with the audience beyond that. I agree that Mando left a declining entity/business model for an ascending site.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:39 pm

I remember a lot of talk about the newspapers and columnist "must be reading " this site, Hal.

Especially during the Dave Dumbstedt era.

We'd have a post about how stupid this was, or why would any HC do that...and the next day, that topic was covered by the newspaper.

I think Armando was/is doing "Late Hits" on Sirius NFL Channel radio with Gil Brandt. Or he was?

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:54 am

so was all that big whoopla about Mando leaving the Herald just a BS salary negotiating ploy? he's got 2 new columns in the Herald dated Sept 6:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article253414635.html

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article253414590.html

although, you can tell one of them was already in the can for a while...

The Dolphins have a plan that seems solid because their inside linebackers are set with Benardrick McKinney and young star Jerome Baker while their hopes on the outside hinge on Andrew Van Ginkel and first-round rookie Jaelan Phillips producing big moments (sacks).

someone might want to tell the editors over their at the Herald they need to actually read and update the articles before posting them. and how sad is it that they have to rely on someone whose been gone 3 weeks to write their "insight" pieces? they don't trust their current staff to regurgitate what they read here on our forum?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:56 am

LOL! Hey, McKinney has only been gone for what - two weeks? Very Happy
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:04 am

Wow, that's really bad. What an embarrassment - and a great example of the state of "journalism" these days.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:12 am

JMP wrote:Wow, that's really bad.  What an embarrassment - and a great example of the state of "journalism" these days.

We've reached the point where so-called "fact checks" actually deny and suppress the truth in order to perpetuate lies. Mainstream media members are professional liars. No more and no less.

DolFan 316

HalCHorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down