The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for game 1

+5
white1
JMP
mercury22nathan
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
9 posters

Go down

Predictions for game 1 Empty Predictions for game 1

Post by CarsonChris Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:06 am

New England is going to pound the rock for all 4 quarters. Belicheat has a new QB toy that will be using a lot of play action passing. How we handle New England with the run may be the determining factor in the game.

New England is going to try and apply pressure on Tua early and often with a strong blitz. Will Miami's line hold? Will Tua find his receivers or defensive backs?

This game should be close and should look fairly old school. Both teams are going to try and win the game in the trenches. Both teams will rely on a quick timing offense in the passing game. Both teams will try and jump the passing routes in the short passing game. Tua and Mac have similar game skills. Who will run their offense better?

I think this game comes down to which QB throws the most interceptions. The team that gets more short field situations wins. These teams are similar.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Predictions for game 1 Empty Re: Predictions for game 1

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:20 am

Fins win 13-10. All the talk afterwards will be about how Tua didn't light up the Pats D, and the Watson talk will only intensify.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:31 am

Dolphins will win 24-16 and the game won't feel as close as the score indicates.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:34 am

Phins are going to trounce them. Pats have a weak secondary without Gilmore, and Tua will slice and dice that defense.

Phins jump out to an early lead, forcing the Pats to move away from their run, run, run philosophy - allowing the Miami D to feast on Jones.

It's going to be a good old-fashioned ass-kicking...I'm going to say 34-9, Dolphins.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:06 am

Phins are going to trounce them. Pats have a weak secondary without Gilmore, and Tua will slice and dice that defense.

Phins jump out to an early lead, forcing the Pats to move away from their run, run, run philosophy - allowing the Miami D to feast on Jones.

It's going to be a good old-fashioned ass-kicking...I'm going to say 34-9, Dolphins.

I can see it play out that way also. If this prediction comes true, I'll be walking around with perma-grin for a week Smile
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:24 am

Looking at the Pats depth chart, their offense looks very sketchy. They are strong at RB and OL, but weak (potentially VERY weak) at WR and TE - with a rookie QB.

On D, their front 7 remains very strong - but the secondary does not impress me.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:33 am

white1 wrote:I can see it play out that way also.  If this prediction comes true, I'll be walking around with perma-grin for a week Smile

Now THERE'S the optimist I know!!! cheers cheers cheers SOMEBODY around here's got to balance out my negative nelliness Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:34 am

JMP wrote:Looking at the Pats depth chart, their offense looks very sketchy.  They are strong at RB and OL, but weak (potentially VERY weak) at WR and TE - with a rookie QB.

On D, their front 7 remains very strong - but the secondary does not impress me.

Weak at TE?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Did Henry and Smith both get hurt when I wasn't paying attention?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:42 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Looking at the Pats depth chart, their offense looks very sketchy.  They are strong at RB and OL, but weak (potentially VERY weak) at WR and TE - with a rookie QB.

Weak at TE?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Did Henry and Smith both get hurt when I wasn't paying attention?

They've both been banged up all preseason, and neither one is anything special IMO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:37 pm

I'll go with 23-6 Fins.

Killah Sith

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:40 pm

I believe Miami will throw the kitchen sink at Mac Jones. Id like to think that the Dolphins purposely built a solid secondary to scheme pressure rather than have a dominant pass rusher. I think this will confuse Jones in to throwing a number of picks to the safeties.

I think Tua goes for 300yds and 3 TD's. Although Flores came out and said Tua is our guy, We haven't really seen much of it in a regular season game. This will be that game. Tua has to back up his coach like his coach did for him. This is the game that will spell the Watson rumors. But these rumors, no matter what we say or how we feel, will never go away until week 17 or beyond.
Umix10
Umix10

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:33 am

with game weekend upon us, i'm pulling this thread back up and giving everybody another crack at it.

mercury22nathan wrote:Dolphins will win 24-16 and the game won't feel as close as the score indicates.

i'm sticking with what i predicted above.

Predictions for game 1 ErgfIyuW4AQU1H_?format=jpg&name=medium

mac, hurts and TUA...only Tua will be happy after this weekend.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:08 am

Going to go with Miami 26-10. I think our D comes up big, and Miami moves the ball all day long with a handful of big plays.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:43 am

I'm sticking with my first take as well: 34-9, Dolphins.

The ONLY way I think the Patriots can win this game is if they are able to successfully run the ball early. My guess is Miami looks to take away the run right out of the gate, both by stuffing it on defense and putting up points early on offense.

I actually think the Phins' D will start off the game fairly conservatively...stacking the box and not really showing anything exotic. Once the Phins gain a big lead early and Jones is forced to pass, that's when things will get interesting on defense and we'll start confusing the hell out of the rookie.

As we all know, Belichick works to take away a team's best player on offense. Who will he target for this game? Parker? Gesicki? Someone else? That will be interesting to see, because we now have enough weapons to overcome that type of strategy. I'm looking for Gaskin/Ahmed to make some big plays in the passing game, and won't be surprised at all if Waddle scores.

I'd like to think that this is a statement game for the Dolphins. In the end, a win is all that matters - but if we can win convincingly, it will really boost this team's confidence and serve notice to the rest of the league and the damn mediots that the Dolphins are for real.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:23 pm

24-14 Fins, The Biggest Concern to Me is How does the Offense deal with Crowd Noise because they didn’t face any Last year.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:26 pm

I still see this as a battle of which QB screws up the least. One QB will have 2td and 1 int. One QB will have 1 TD and 2 int. That's my prediction.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down