The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game predictions vs San Francisco

+5
white1
finfanatic
JMP
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Game predictions vs San Francisco  Empty Game predictions vs San Francisco

Post by CarsonChris Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:54 am

If Armstead was healthy I think we win but since he's not 20-13 San Francisco.

Tua gets sacked 6 times.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Game predictions vs San Francisco  Empty Re: Game predictions vs San Francisco

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:46 am

Until the Fins lose with Tua I will keep thinking they will win, somehow some way.

If Tua plays the whole game, Fins 17-13.

If Tua gets knocked out of the game then 49ers 27-3.

I'm just praying Skylar never makes an appearance, I was a complete fool for thinking he'd ever amount to anything. Embarassed

I will also say the 49ers are the best team remaining on the schedule and maybe the best, period. Yes, that includes the Vikings and Bills.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:01 am

I'm looking at San Fran's schedule, and the only team that they've played with a good offense absolutely destroyed them: the Chiefs put up 44 points against them. They've also lost to crap teams like the Bears, Broncos and Falcons. They are certainly playing better of late, but the fact is, they have not faced a team with an offense like Miami's since they got pounded by the Chiefs in week 7.

I know I said I thought the Phins would lose this game, but the more I think about it the more I think the opposite. I'm predicting a close high-scoring game.

Tua leads a masterful 2-minute drive to put the Phins in FG range, and Sanders kicks the game-winner as time expires. Dolphins win, 34-31.

Tua ends the day with 350+ yards and 4 TDs, and Tyreek Hill has a career receiving day.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:07 am

JMP wrote:I'm looking at San Fran's schedule, and the only team that they've played with a good offense absolutely destroyed them: the Chiefs put up 44 points against them.  They've also lost to crap teams like the Bears, Broncos and Falcons.  They are certainly playing better of late, but the fact is, they have not faced a team with an offense like Miami's since they got pounded by the Chiefs in week 7.

I'm actually writing off the Bears and Broncos losses since they came in the first 3 games. Every team has changed quite a bit since then.

I know I said I thought the Phins would lose this game, but the more I think about it the more I think the opposite.  I'm predicting a close high-scoring game.

Tua leads a masterful 2-minute drive to put the Phins in FG range, and Sanders kicks the game-winner as time expires.  Dolphins win, 34-31.

Tua ends the day with 350+ yards and 4 TDs, and Tyreek Hill has a career receiving day.

That *would* actually be following the trend of this team playing shootouts on the road lately, hmmm...

But as much faith as I have in Tua, I just can't expect him to score 34 against a team of this caliber on the road with a patchwork O-line. If he does manage to pull of this kind of performance under those circumstances then he should just be declared the MVP right then and there. Oddly enough, the only three times the 49ers have scored 31 or more have all been on the road BTW scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:26 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

But as much faith as I have in Tua, I just can't expect him to score 34 against a team of this caliber on the road with a patchwork O-line.

Well, the Chiefs did it. And while they do have Kelce, they don't have Hill and Waddle.

As far as the OL, Tua has played with a trash OL his entire NFL career. He'll produce.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:36 am

My big question is will Tua survive to the next game or is he in for concussion #3? Grier's offensive line is offensive!

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:13 am

CarsonChris wrote:My big question is will Tua survive to the next game or is he in for concussion #3? Grier's offensive line is offensive!

I'm not as worried about the OL as everyone else is. McDaniel will just keep Tua in shotgun, and he'll get the ball out quickly. He didn't make that adjustment against Houston, but with a full week to prepare I'm sure he'll take care of it. Nothing defeats pass rush more than quick passes, and Tua is a master at it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:04 am

San Francisco's offense doesn't scare me. They struggle to put up points. It's their defense that's good. The Texans sacked Tua 4 times in the last 2 drives after Armstead went out. The worst team in the NFL.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:31 am

CarsonChris wrote:San Francisco's offense doesn't scare me. They struggle to put up points. It's their defense that's good. The Texans sacked Tua 4 times in the last 2 drives after Armstead went out. The worst team in the NFL.

San Fran's offense is strange. They have weapons everywhere, a pretty good OL and a pretty good QB - but they don't score a ton of points and they've had a really weak schedule. That said, they can do some serious damage if we let them.

I'm not sure what to make of their defense, because they really haven't faced a good offense aside from KC. They've obviously been fantastic, especially lately, but the Chiefs hung 44 points on them, with JuJu and MVS both having over 100 yards receiving (the only time MVS has eclipsed 100 yards this season). We may not be able to run the ball, but I think we'll light up that secondary.

That's why I see this as a high-scoring shootout: I'm not sure we can contain their offensive weapons, but I think our offense will destroy their defense.

As far as the Texans game, it was really just one or two series that Tua was under heavy pressure. I trust McDaniel to make the necessary adjustments with a week to prepare.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:54 am

I think it will come down to the Phins D. If the Phins D shows up and makes Jimmy G look like a sack of two day old dog feces, then the Phins will score enough to win it.

If the Phins D lets the 49ers offense get rolling this could get OOOHGLEEEE quick.

The Phins need to come up with some sort of improvised rushing attack... or pass quick hitters that work like long handoffs. If the 49ers can pin their ears back and rush without worrying about the run, Tua may not make it thru the game!

I am going to side with JMP on this one. If Tua starts and finishes the game, I will say the Phins win.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:46 am

finfanatic wrote:

The Phins need to come up with some sort of improvised rushing attack... or pass quick hitters that work like  long  handoffs. If the 49ers can pin their ears back and rush without worrying about the run, Tua may not make it thru the game!

That's typically what I would think, but I'm learning so far this season that McDaniel doesn't seem to care much about running the ball - even though he was the running game guru in San Fran. I think he comes out passing, and continues to do so all game - putting constant pressure on the D with the speed of Hill and Waddle. Maybe that opens up the run game late if we have a big lead, but otherwise I think the run game will continue to be nothing more than an afterthought.

Honestly, that's the only part of this offense that has me scratching my head. Unless McD is simply convinced that we can't consistently run the ball well (which does seem true!), I'm just not sure why this team runs the ball so infrequently.

Or maybe he was just saving the run game for this rough stretch of road games as a kind of unanticipated secret weapon???? scratch

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:00 pm

Great topic that deserves more delving into.

I think the team doesn’t run well and they pass well so McDaniel is making the wise choice to feature their strengths. In May games it’s the pass. In some games the run has been quite effective.

Opponent dependent based on what the staff sees in the defense. I’m encouraged because he beat the drum on running the ball - but won’t do it if it’s a fruitless effort or not the best way to attack a defense.
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:45 pm

Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe

Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel indicates LT Terron Armstead (pec) won't have surgery & hasn't been ruled out to play Sunday vs. 49ers.

I'm told Armstead has been telling folks he's aiming to play this Sunday. Armstead does have a remarkable ability to play through injuries.
11:52 AM · Nov 30, 2022

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:22 pm

JMP wrote:
Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe

Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel indicates LT Terron Armstead (pec) won't have surgery & hasn't been ruled out to play Sunday vs. 49ers.

I'm told Armstead has been telling folks he's aiming to play this Sunday. Armstead does have a remarkable ability to play through injuries.
11:52 AM · Nov 30, 2022

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Look, I'm just as adamant as anybody that the O-line is pretty much trash without Armstead, but it comes down to him trying to play through it now and aggravating the injury to turn it into a season-ender, or just resting for the next 2 weeks. He doesn't have to or need to be flying all the way out to Cali. If he wants to play, then he should save himself for the Bills game when he's really needed.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:33 pm

Fins are currently 27th in rushing attempts so Jmp is right about that. The weird thing is though, they're only 10th in pass attempts per game. It's not a case of them slinging it all over the field like the Chargers, Chiefs, Bucs, Vikings, Bills, etc. but simply a case of McDaniel just not wanting to run that much.

And this is not the game to be breaking that trend either, seeing as the 49ers lead the league in run D and have faced the 4th fewest attempts.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:59 pm

Tua is Throwing the Ball so Well Right Now which makes it Understandable to keep throwing but if Mostert does Play than I expect than to at least Try the Two Back Attack to see if there is anything there.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:55 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
Look, I'm just as adamant as anybody that the O-line is pretty much trash without Armstead, but it comes down to him trying to play through it now and aggravating the injury to turn it into a season-ender, or just resting for the next 2 weeks. He doesn't have to or need to be flying all the way out to Cali. If he wants to play, then he should save himself for the Bills game when he's really needed.

As long as the medical staff gives him the OK, I think it all comes down to whether or not he feels comfortable doing what he has to do in game situations. If it's just a matter of pain tolerance and he can go, absolutely he should play. It sounds like the injury really isn't bad at all, and we've already seen that Armstead can play through pain.

But if I had to guess, I'd say he's out this week and back for the Chargers - but I wouldn't be surprised if he does play against the Niners. Ideal situation: he starts, the Phins take a huge lead at halftime, and Armstead can sit out the rest of the game! Cool Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:26 am

I...I just can't do it. I can't trust this team's medical staff affraid affraid affraid

Hopefully the Bills will lose and make the 49ers game one the Fins can actually afford to lose.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:57 am

Dolphins - 19
49ers - 17

no rhyme or reason. i just think Miami might pull out a close one.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 am

Most of the Friday shows have the 9ers winning and the Jets and Mike F'n White going to the SB. Big game for Miami against a good team.
They better show up and dominate this game.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:40 pm

Season to date rankings in YPP: 1st in passing offense, 17th in both rushing and passing defense, 27th in yards per rush play on offense.

Given the ST's which rank near the league's bottom, 8-3 is downright remarkable. McDaniel might well deserve coach of the year.

49ers? Top defense in the league against the run in YPP and 7th vs. the pass. They're 3rd in yards per pass on offense and 18th in rushing. When we throw the ball it will be strength vs. strength.

I can't shake the feeling that the winning streak will be snapped but we have a good chance to rebound next week against a key opponent. I don't think it will be an ass kicking though. 31-27 49ers. Keep in mind I got the Baltimore game wrong!

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:37 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Season to date rankings in YPP:  1st in passing offense, 17th in both rushing and passing defense, 27th in yards per rush play on offense.

Given the ST's which rank near the league's bottom, 8-3 is downright remarkable.  McDaniel might well deserve coach of the year.

49ers?  Top defense in the league against the run in YPP and 7th vs. the pass.  They're 3rd in yards per pass on offense and 18th in rushing.  When we throw the ball it will be strength vs. strength.

I can't shake the feeling that the winning streak will be snapped but we have a good chance to rebound next week against a key opponent.  I don't think it will be an ass kicking though.  31-27 49ers.  Keep in mind I got the Baltimore game wrong!

Good stuff, Hal.

But I would argue that the 49ers stats are skewed by their easy schedule. They have played just 2 teams with current winning percentages of .500 or above, the Seahawks and the Chiefs - only one of which would be in the playoffs if the season ended today (Chiefs, of course). They crushed the Seahawks in week 2, but got absolutely destroyed by the Chiefs.

The Dolphins, in contrast, have played 6 teams with current records of at least .500 - 5 of whom are currently in playoff position.

Basically, I'm not convinced that San Fran is as good as those stats make them out to be. And I don't see any way the Niners DBs can cover our receivers.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:38 am

I know, I know. I'm the eternal optimist, that's my role.

I am not "feeling it" today. Both tackles out, and rain in SF against a stout defense.

To further illustrate I made the difficult decision to bench both Tua and Jeff Wilson on my fantasy team.

I'm really hoping the Fins make me eat my words AND regret my fantasy lineup decisions! Smile

Formal prediction: 24-10 49ers win

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:30 am

white1 wrote:I know, I know.  I'm the eternal optimist, that's my role.

I am not "feeling it" today.  Both tackles out, and rain in SF against a stout defense.  

To further illustrate I made the difficult decision to bench both Tua and Jeff Wilson on my fantasy team.

I'm really hoping the Fins make me eat my words AND regret my fantasy lineup decisions! Smile

Formal prediction:  24-10 49ers win

You really think this awful D will hold the 49ers to just 24? Shocked Razz

DolFan 316

white1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:31 pm

I'm the opposite, white. I'm totally feeling this game. 30+ points for the Miami offense. Armstead is out, but it won't matter.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next