The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Thoughts: Week 2, Bills at Dolphins

+6
finskev
finfanatic
JEGnj
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
JMP
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Game Thoughts: Week 2, Bills at Dolphins Empty Game Thoughts: Week 2, Bills at Dolphins

Post by JMP Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:57 pm

If you had told me before the game that Josh Allen would have a below-50% completion percentage and just 55 yards at the half, and the Bills would have 2 turnovers, I would have done the world's biggest happy dance.  Well, that's exactly what happened...and the Dolphins were down 14-0 at the half.

Tua got injured and the Dolphins got their ass kicked from start to finish.  The Dolphins were completely unprepared for the Bills’ blitz packages and gave up too many big plays on defense.  This looked like a game that the Dolphins just walked in off the street to play, with no preparation at all.  In what was absolutely a statement game, the only statement the Dolphins made was, “We are not even in the same galaxy as the Buffalo Bills.”  A sloppy, half-hearted effort filled with mistakes and penalties, and poor coaching.  In short, an absolute disaster.

And that’s about it.  What else is there to be said?

Hero of the Day: The Italian hero sandwich I had for lunch.

Goat of the Day: The entire coaching staff and roster, the water boys, the ball boys and every single person involved in this pitiful organization in any way.  Extra credit to tackles Austin Jackson and Jesse Davis, who were both absolutely pathetic, and the WR corps that dropped a combined 6 passes (unless they dropped even more during one of the many times I switched to a different game).

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game Thoughts: Week 2, Bills at Dolphins Empty Re: Game Thoughts: Week 2, Bills at Dolphins

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:02 pm

Thank God Degarmo wasn't around to see this. And thank God I didn't bother watching either. No wonder this game ended about 35 minutes sooner than NFL games usually do.

If you thought the Trade For Watson talk was bad BEFORE...

Kinda wish China really had invaded Hawaii or nuked Australia like they were threatening to do last week, just so this game would've been cancelled. Then again, the far left only cancels stuff they feel like, so...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Game Thoughts: Week 2, Bills at Dolphins Empty Re: Game Thoughts: Week 2, Bills at Dolphins

Post by JMP Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:16 pm

Sorry, I posed the game thoughts before the game was officially over.  Really, I could have posted it before the first quarter ended.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:21 pm

JMP wrote:Sorry, I posed the game thoughts before the game was officially over.  Really, I could have posted it before the first quarter ended.

Look on the bright side, at least you managed to fool me into thinking the game really WAS officially done Embarassed Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:27 pm

My take on the game boils down to Tua Tagovailoa. Miami had an NFL offense with an NFL offensive coordinator running the offense last year and the NFL offense was to difficult for Tua to understand. Instead of blaming the QB that couldn't play they blamed the offensive coordinator. Fired him and installed Tua's college game after consulting with Tua on what he likes. Sorry but we were better when we had a legitimate NFL game plan.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:31 pm

Having two OCs hasn't helped a damn bit either. Who the hell ever heard of THAT plan ever succeeding at ANY level of football??? SMDH.

NFL offenses should not be averaging one TD per game in 2021. Even in the Dead Ball Era of the '70s that would've been bad.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:35 pm

Every friggen year I try to get excited and this team just rips the life out of you. 1 step forward and 2 steps back into a pile of crap.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:38 pm

JEGnj wrote:Every friggen year I try to get excited and this team just rips the life out of you. 1 step forward and 2 steps back into a pile of crap.

I could accept 35-point losses by Flores in the beginning of year one. In the beginning of year three, not so much.

Imagine if this team somehow wins LESS games this season then they did in 2019 with arguably the worst roster since the '76 Bucs affraid affraid affraid

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:43 pm

CarsonChris wrote:My take on the game boils down to Tua Tagovailoa. Miami had an NFL offense with an NFL offensive coordinator running the offense last year and the NFL offense was to difficult for Tua to understand. Instead of blaming the QB that couldn't play they blamed the offensive coordinator. Fired him and installed Tua's college game after consulting with Tua on what he likes. Sorry but we were better when we had a legitimate NFL game plan.

None of that is true.  The offense was not difficult for Tua to understand...he was not given the full playbook from Gailey.  We have not installed the Alabama offense.  We have barely run any RPO at all.

Today's loss had absolutely nothing to do with Tua.  It had a lot to do with a porous OL, 7 dropped passes and a defense that gave up too many big plays.  Add in penalties and poor coaching, and you have a 35-0 loss.  None of that is on Tua, who barely played at all today.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:56 pm

Tua sacks was the theme when the game started. Blitz 1 read Tua and he's done

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:01 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Tua sacks was the theme when the game started. Blitz 1 read Tua and he's done

Nothing any QB can do when blitzers come in immediately, untouched.  Those sacks were not on Tua, at all.  It was just a crap scheme that made no allowance for extra blitzers coming.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:17 pm

Maybe it's time to stop promoting understudy assistants to coordinators and hire some ex coaches and coordinators that know what they are doing. Get a GM that can evaluate talent.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:22 pm

Just watched that Tua injury again.  It was a quick drop - just 3 steps - and Davis was beat so fast that Tua didn't even have time to set his feet.  Think about that: a 3-step drop is almost immediate, and Davis got beat before it was even finished.  That's pathetic.  Davis is usually dependable, but it doesn't get any worse than that.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:29 pm

JEGnj wrote:Maybe it's time to stop promoting understudy assistants to coordinators and hire some ex coaches and coordinators that know what they are doing. Get a GM that can evaluate talent.

FUCK. YEAH. cheers cheers cheers

If this team set a 35-year high for points scored with Dinosaur Chan as OC last season, how much better would they be with an actual proven OC than the two stooges they have now?

And it sure is funny how whenever Grier has a choice between multiple players in the draft at the same position he picks the worst one every time. And by "funny" I mean "utterly infuriating".

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:34 pm

The offensive coordinators can't catch the ball or block.  That's on the players.  The coaches might suck, but I don't know that yet...not when the players can't perform basic take-for-granted tasks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:34 pm

The play I keep coming back to is the dropped TD by Parker.  That was just brutal.  Right in his hands.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:01 pm

JMP wrote:The play I keep coming back to is the dropped TD by Parker.  That was just brutal.  Right in his hands.

I hear there's an adjustment that receivers go through when they catch a ball thrown from a lefty. Maybe it's the same thing when the players go from a lefty to a righty?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:11 pm

CarsonChris wrote:
JMP wrote:The play I keep coming back to is the dropped TD by Parker.  That was just brutal.  Right in his hands.

I hear there's an adjustment that receivers go through when they catch a ball thrown from a lefty. Maybe it's the same thing when the players go from a lefty to a righty?

That's possible, I guess, but when you're making millions of dollars a year to catch a football...you need to catch the football.  No excuse.  Just a horrific drop any way you slice it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:16 pm

The bottom line is this: every single issue I feared could go wrong before the season has and did. The complete inability to properly evaluate O-line talent (which to be fair goes back even beyond Grier). Tua failing to become more than a mediocre QB and being as injury prone in the NFL as he was in college. Iggy being a bust (was he actually inactive again?). The co-OC thing, which I was never comfortable with. Flores being yet another defensive oriented head coach with a rotten offense. The injury-prone receiving corps. Grier taking Phillips over Rousseau. Even the RB position (which you all know I think is less valuable than ever) being treated like a complete afterthought to the point where they might as well not even have any.

When a division rival curbstomps you in the season finale by 30 with a playoff spot on the line and you respond by...losing to them by 35 at home in the next meeting, that's a "we're not in Kansas anymore" moment. How the HELL can we expect this team to even compete with, let alone beat, the Raiders, Colts and Bucs? If Mac Freaking Jones had been playing his 4th ever game instead of his first, they don't even beat the Pats! They'll be LUCKY to be 1-4.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:19 pm

CarsonChris wrote:

Believe it or not, the ball really does rotate differently depending on which hand throws it. As Jmp said though, it's still no excuse. Parker's just another Grier dud who's only this team's #1 WR by default because Grier keeps bringing in guys who are even worse.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:33 pm

Just for the record, many teams use two OCs.  They just don't always call both of them OCs.  That's a complete non-issue.

If you want to talk about whether or not the coordinators are any good, that's legit - but there's nothing wrong with having 2 coordinators - it is  very common in college and the NFL.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:09 pm

I think the main point I have gathered from his thread is.... The O-Line sucks!

No offense can function in the NFL with a shyte O-line. They have tried free agents, draft picks, even trades for dumbarsed failed 1st rounders that decide to go rap instead of play!!! And they still stink.

I saw Elumenor (SP) playing for the Raiders today! Didn't they have him in camp? Or are there two Elumenors?

Anyway... Flores doesn't have a problem shyte-canning coaches and bringing in different coaches, but when it gets to the point that all this coaching turmoil starts to affect the team, MAYBE....just MAYBE somebody needs to look at Flores?

This two OC thing has DIP SHYTE written all over it, but then again, the best OC in the game with a shyte O-Line can only do so much. We need to hold off judgement on this issue, but I agree, it seemed like a really stupid decision. Just pick one and name them OC and the other CO-OC. How danged hard is that Flores?

I think whoever is responsible for the OLine, personnel and coaching, needs to be flogged repeatedly!

Now, maybe Flores can resurrect this team's pride and they go play the Raiduhs tough! But just like with the Bills coming to town...IT AINT LOOKIN' TOO GOOD!!!!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:13 pm

You're so close FF. Just one step away from blaming who's responsible for this traveshamockery the most. Come on, you can say his name. Gr...Gri...GRIER.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:29 pm

Deiter has been our best lineman by far.  If there's any glimmer of hope with the OL, it's that we appear to have a legit center.  Unfortunately, there are 4 other positions on the OL...

Next week, I want to see Little starting at LT, and Eich at RT.  Gotta change things up.

And yes, the Phins did have Elumenor or whatever his name is.  Not good enough for this Miami OL, apparently.   Neutral

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:31 pm

I know somebody here's going to say that Grier should've taken Sewell over Waddle. And they'd be totally and completely wrong.

Sewell looked like hot garbage playing on the right side in preseason--the side he'd be playing to protect lefty Tua. And the rest of the O-line would still be awful.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next