The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The London game

5 posters

Go down

The London game Empty The London game

Post by CarsonChris Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:51 pm

I feel like Miami finds it's self in this game every year. What a terrible idea for the players. Long flight there and long flight back. This has to take time away from preparation for two games. This game and the following weeks. Plus any home field advantage is lost. I know the NFL wants to expand but this just seems detrimental. Put a football team in Mexico or Canada. Expand in the North American hemisphere.

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

The London game Empty Re: The London game

Post by JEGnj Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:36 pm

Now they are talking about adding a game/games in Germany. HATE IT ALL.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:02 pm

JEGnj wrote:Now they are talking about adding a game/games in Germany. HATE IT ALL.

They make the east coast teams play. It's 9 1/2 hours from Miami to London. A full day there, full day back.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:45 pm

It's absolutely absurd. It's such a waste of time and money and it's a huge pain in the ass for the teams involved.

The London game Originally-it-was

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:07 pm

JEGnj wrote:Now they are talking about adding a game/games in Germany. HATE IT ALL.

But remember everybody, we're in a GLOBAL PANDEMIC that's SUPER SERIOUS and you HAVE to do what you're told and get vaxxed or DIE! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Seriously, how many giant flashing neon signs do people need that this is all just being used as an excuse to permanently eliminate everyone's rights worldwide? Yammering on about the virus yet physical classrooms were opened again (and now remote learning's not even being considered as an option anymore), all sports are being played, bars and clubs are open, etc. Some "pandemic"!

MANY more people are going to die of starvation brought about by the deliberate crashing of the global economy than the virus. Meanwhile sports will still be blithely going on as if this isn't happening.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:22 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

But remember everybody, we're in a GLOBAL PANDEMIC that's SUPER SERIOUS and you HAVE to do what you're told and get vaxxed or DIE! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Seriously, how many giant flashing neon signs do people need that this is all just being used as an excuse to permanently eliminate everyone's rights worldwide? Yammering on about the virus yet physical classrooms were opened again (and now remote learning's not even being considered as an option anymore), all sports are being played, bars and clubs are open, etc. Some "pandemic"!

MANY more people are going to die of starvation brought about by the deliberate crashing of the global economy than the virus. Meanwhile sports will still be blithely going on as if this isn't happening.

The same lab that brought us Covid is playing with the nipah virus. Nipah has a 45-75% fatality rate. Congress is still funding gain of function research at the Wuhan lab. The Senate passed a bill to stop funding that lab but Nancy won't hold a vote on the bill.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:07 am

IIRC... Ross loves the London game and volunteered the Phins to play every year.

Shows how much Ross knows about the NFL.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:27 pm

finfanatic wrote:IIRC... Ross loves the London game and volunteered the Phins to play every year.

Shows how much Ross knows about the NFL.

Yep, and that's part of Miami's problem. Ross meddling. Remember when Ross flew to reel in Harbaugh? He hadn't fired Sparano yet. This is the pinpoint moment Miami lost credibility in the NFL with coaches and GM's. Part of the reason why we have a hard time hiring good help.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:48 am

At least this time the torture will be over early, that's a good thing right?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:04 am

DolFan 316 wrote:At least this time the torture will be over early, that's a good thing right?

Yep. I'm expecting a loss, so I won't care too much when it actually happens. I'll still be pissed off, but it's much easier to take when I expect it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:09 pm

As a long suffering Phins Phan.... I ALWAYS expect something bad to happen, so I am pleasantly surprised when it works out and they win.

Last season ALMOST had me thinking the bad times were a thing of the past...

sigh

But I guess the Phins gonna Phin.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:13 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:At least this time the torture will be over early, that's a good thing right?

Yep.  I'm expecting a loss, so I won't care too much when it actually happens.  I'll still be pissed off, but it's much easier to take when I expect it.

Welcome to my world Cool It took you over 20 years but you finally got here cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:12 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:

Yep.  I'm expecting a loss, so I won't care too much when it actually happens.  I'll still be pissed off, but it's much easier to take when I expect it.

Welcome to my world Cool It took you over 20 years but you finally got here cheers cheers cheers

I'd love to laugh at that, but really, it just makes me sad. No (Not about being in your world...just that I expect the worst from this team that I spend far too much time caring about!)

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:38 pm

JMP wrote:I'd love to laugh at that, but really, it just makes me sad.  No   (Not about being in your world...just that I expect the worst from this team that I spend far too much time caring about!)

Laughing is actually the key to dealing with it 24/7 Smile Otherwise you would literally go insane. How do you think I've been sticking around this long without being jailed or committed to a mental institution? (And there really is a mental institution in my town, no joke.)

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down